GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind racing tonight to be completely honest, but i'm willing (and i'm pretty sure a couple of others will be) to let him postpone this one due to the fact he's making an effort to make sure everybody can make all the chase races. If we'd just postponed a week, a couple of people including RFLX and myself would have been screwed due to the fact we can't make that weekend after the season was originally supposed to finish.

But whatever. I'm a bit tired of people in this league constantly BS'ing and looking for an argument. There's about 4-5 people here I respect and Drop is one of them, so i'm not going to gang up on him and force him to use a replacement driver. I've cancelled a race before in Indy when I couldn't make it as I think the league host should always be there to call decisions and to organize everything.

MustangRyan
I've had enough of trying to make everyone happy. I'm out.

RFLX is the new league owner/host. If he decides to hold today's race, please enjoy it, and good luck to all in season 4.

Don't let Crazy's bs ruin this for everyone else man. :/

MÜLE_9242
Don't let Crazy's bs ruin this for everyone else man. :/

Have to agree, he's not even racing in this league anymore 👎

If you do decide to go through with it, thanks for everything Drop, you've done an awesome job hosting and it's sad to see this happen.

You're letting a proven bull****ter get to you. Your plan was fine, drop. Most of us were okay with it, although disappointed.

Don't let Crazy and his antics kill this championship.

TomMcD
I wouldn't mind racing tonight to be completely honest, but i'm willing (and i'm pretty sure a couple of others will be) to let him postpone this one due to the fact he's making an effort to make sure everybody can make all the chase races. If we'd just postponed a week, a couple of people including RFLX and myself would have been screwed due to the fact we can't make that weekend after the season was originally supposed to finish.

But whatever. I'm a bit tired of people in this league constantly BS'ing and looking for an argument. There's about 4-5 people here I respect and Drop is one of them, so i'm not going to gang up on him and force him to use a replacement driver. I've cancelled a race before in Indy when I couldn't make it as I think the league host should always be there to call decisions and to organize everything.

Its called a league for a reason. I'm out regardless

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree, he's not even racing in this league anymore 👎

If you do decide to go through with it, thanks for everything Drop, you've done an awesome job hosting and it's sad to see this happen.

I agree too. But I am stil an "owner" so I still do have a say in things. And all HMS was saying is if there's rules. They should apply to everyone and not excluding anyone. Because his idea worked out for six drivers that posted a double header was okay doesn't mean the other ten drivers were okay with this. Should have been more thought out is all. I don't think droptop should quit hosting over this.

DoWhat13

Thats why I said to get it written down for next season.

However there was nothing about it for this season, and the guy just had a kid, so obviously that stuff comes first.

We did 500 and 400 mile races before. what's wrong with 2 200 milers?

Dowhat, stop complaining. Drops race host. A double header as a final could work out pretty nice.

DoWhat13

Grow up please. Congrats, with attitude like that you won't be missed.

OK, let's all calm down.

I will admit when Drop talked about postponing the race I was annoyed as had already cancelled other plans etc and now I have no race, that I was looking forward to. However, I am sure he has a solid reason as to why he asked for the postponement.

I will also admit that I was very willing to race tonight with the knowledge that Drop could not make it, and for him to take the 2/3 points rule, giving everyone else an opportunity to catch up in points.

But, this is The Chase, and not a pre chase race where I am sure his stance would be slightly different. Drop, the same as everyone else who has secured a Chase spot, does not want, or should have to, miss a race, as potential victory would be slightly hollow.

Also, in Drops defense, he has done everything possible to make this series as successful and fun as possible. The Chase is a big deal and I seem to recall that there was tension around this time last year.

I for one, do not want Drop to leave, as host or a driver. We wouldn't have this series if it wasn't for him. Without him, this (and the Nationwide) would die, quickly. We don't want that. So let's just leave tonight, and put the tension down to the Chase starting, and move on next week with an SGR 1-2 at Daytona ;)

I for one, do not want Drop to leave, as host or a driver. We wouldn't have this series if it wasn't for him. Without him, this (and the Nationwide) would die, quickly. We don't want that. So let's just leave tonight, and put the tension down to the Chase starting, and move on next week with a Red Bull 1-2 at Daytona

ftfy

I hope you copied those tunes while I was still angry. :sly:

Last edited:
C'mon man, really? I think everybody apart from 1 or 2 guys being pathetic, know that you do your utmost to run this series well.

Why does the GTP NASCAR scene have to collapse on the back of two guys being stupid?

Well, thats understandable.

If Niop doesn't want to, I'll gladly host. Wish you all the best, dude.

I'm up for postponing today, and running next week. I know of a few people who are fed up with the team concept as well.

Why does the GTP NASCAR scene have to collapse on the back of two guys being stupid?

I wouldn't say collapsed just a restructuring.

Its a fresh start. There's plenty of quality drivers here and in Nationwide.

I again have issues in my personal life which I need to address and as far as I'm concerned I have no concerns about the future of Nationwide in yours, Niop's or anyone's capable hands.

I feel that for myself I'm a bit in Drop's predicament where I've missed a 3rd of the Nationwide Season and my teammates like Carb and smuffy have made every race and most races respectively. I felt that I let my team down which I did and the league although the league still ran.

Put it this way, there's plenty to look forward to. Let's just get behind Niop and forget about slating Drop or anyone.

I feel like now would an opportune time to offer my hand in the restructuring of this league.

I will take over and run the league until the end of the season. At that point we'll decide as a group what to do from there. Drop has put alot into making this a great series, and there's no way we will let it go to waste. As Chqr said, we're reconstructing.

As next week was already scheduled off, we will still have that as an off week. But how does everyone feel about racing today? I know it's short notice, and if everyone can't make it we won't run it. We'd push the start time back an hour to help, starting at 6pm eastern. I'll host the lobby, and if all the Chase drivers are there and ready to race we'll go ahead with it.

That also includes RPH as a Chase driver, with Ryan backing out.

It really all depends on what Niop says. We haven't heard from him yet.

EDIT: lol ;) right on queue

If everyone else can make it, I suppose.

EDIT: Remember you'll need to create a new thread RFLX mate.

I *can* make it, but I was wanting to watch Le Mans lol.

If everyone in the chase can, I can. Lets do it.

TomMcD
If everyone else can make it, I suppose.

EDIT: Remember you'll need to create a new thread RFLX mate.

I can have the mods change the first posts so he can edit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back