GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think delaying another race into August would be a bad idea, in my opinion we need to close up this season ASAP so work can start on the possible new specs for some tracks we discussed a week or two ago?

I'd be all for either the double header or giving up my IndyCar timeslot for a week, preferably at Daytona RC which would be Friday 20th.
I agree, finishing the season ASAP is the way to go. But a Friday race may be tough, for me it couldn't start before Midnight BST, and the 20th wouldn't work at all.

MÜLE_9242;7226554
I honestly wouldn't mind if we just canceled the rest of the championship, streamline both this, and Nationwide, and start with a clean slate. I'm fine either way, though.

Also, keep the teams, team owners, and draft, but eliminate the team championship, and that alone should encourage a much friendlier environment, with much less whining and bitching from us.
We're not going to cancel the remainder of the season, we've made it too far at this point.

We'll be keeping all of that, including the team championship.

Here come some opinions from an outside but a friend of some guys here...

Personally I think you should end this season right now, calling droptop champion after the regular season, this will let you test specs which Mule suggested and most of you agreed on, and see if Motegi gets into the game. Get rid of teams as well, ruins the racing and can lead to arguments. Just get sign-ups for the series, weather or not they were Sprint Cup or Nationwide before, as long as they can race in a pack without causing a crash they should be allowed in, not picked.

Nationwide is the same deal as well, no teams, open to everyone etc.

Also, drop, you were an exceptional host and you will be missed amongst all of us. I wish you well and hope you can make a race or two on occasion weather it be this or in a random other race. We thank you for taking the series from Furi back in Season 1 and transforming it into such a professionally-done league.👍

I think teams are a vital part of the league and keep things interesting; as does the ownership draft. Also, the point of NW was to train up drivers for the Cup so just letting people straight into the top tier would be pointless.

Things don't need overhauling, just tweaking.

I think teams are a vital part of the league and keep things interesting; as does the ownership draft. Also, the point of NW was to train up drivers for the Cup so just letting people straight into the top tier would be pointless.

Things don't need overhauling, just tweaking.
This

We need to keep teams, but the team championship doesn't have to stay next season. Teams give you drivers who will definitely work with you on track, as well as drivers to test with and share/improve setups. If we had no teams there'd be the same amount of complaints about people making deals to work together like unofficial teammates, and working against *insert driver(s)*. It'd be the same as it currently is with that, it'd just be something like 4 separate guys working together instead of 2 teams of 2 working together.

As Tom says, we just need tweaks, not major overhauls. We have a good system that just needs a couple of adjustments here and there. Major overhauls are a thing of the past really, and happened between what I'd call the 1st and 2nd eras of this. (1st era being the FND and SCANA days before PSN went down for ages, and the 2nd era being the 3 seasons we've had hosted by Drop.) These overhauls were the removal of cautions and heavy damage, the introduction of teams, and introducing the draft along with the Nationwide series. The main tweak will be adjusting the specs for Indy.

Season 4 will begin the 3rd era, and it should be a good one. We have 2 series worth of talented drivers. Some are old hands who have been part of this since the GTP NASCAR scene kicked off, most are from the first couple of seasons Drop hosted, others joined from things like IndyCar and TOCA, and some have just finished their first Nationwide series and are looking to join the sprint cup having shown their potential. (Also, I'm fairly sure that stormtrooper is the same stormtrooper that ran with some of us back in FND. All I remember from back then is his use of the voice changer, and not his driving...)

But first, The Chase.

By the way, think I mentioned this before but I'm all for restrictor plate 502hp specs at Daytona & SSRX yet I wouldn't mind testing the possibility of the Road Course and Indy specs involving more power.

Agree with Joe on the teams also.

By the way, think I mentioned this before but I'm all for restrictor plate 502hp specs at Daytona & SSRX yet I wouldn't mind testing the possibility of the Road Course and Indy specs involving more power.

Agree with Joe on the teams also.

I'm happy with Daytona and road course specs as they are now really. SSRX could possibly be run at full power like we do in IndyCar. An idea for Indy would be a combination of more power with less grippy tyres (maybe throw on some extra weight too if you want).

I'm happy with Daytona and road course specs as they are now really. SSRX could possibly be run at full power like we do in IndyCar. An idea for Indy would be a combination of more power with less grippy tyres (maybe throw on some extra weight too if you want).

Yeah, I think for Indy that was discussed earlier. I'd be up for full power at SSRX as limiting the cars is pretty pointless; just prolongs the races.

I've already proposed 700hp and Sport Hards at Indy.

I just most want a better environment to race in, honestly. Everyone open with everyone else, regardless of what team they're on. No secret "alliances" for 1 or 2 races, everyone sharing setups, etc. I think removing the Team Championship for next season could help with that, but it isn't needed.

I'd want to keep the concept of teamwork, I wanted to see for next season teams turn into teams of 3-4 rather than the teams of 2-3 we have right now.
What's so bad about having teams??
Everyone just breaking apart on the last lap at Daytona/SSX is just stupid. And the concept of teamwork will still exist because there might be a couple people who have a race/pit strategy for a race and they will form an alliance with others so what's the point?
I'm nuetral on raising the horsepower for certain races.

And I purchased a mic few days ago. :)

I don't think I like the concept of removing teams, because I have seen no other working series where teams play such a big part. They give lots of depth for this, making it stand out from the rest better.

Also I'm not too excited about changing the specs for certain races if it affects NW drivers. The car should be the same all season as everywhere else, we're given free tuning to make it perform the way we want, or at least nearly that way, in every round.

The spec change at Indy is to make it closer to real life because in reality, people don't bump draft around the entire Indy track; they have to let off in the corners.

I'd think it would be good if we had:

525hp Restrictor Plate for Daytona and Indy
Unrestricted full power for Road courses.

I think we need to stop talking about all these potential changes.

One person has left. Yes it's the host who did a fantastic job and have a lot if respect for. But we still have a Chase to contend for. Nothing else has changed.

Let's leave the 'change' talk till after the end of the season, and concentrate on having some fun with what we have left for S3.

Furinkazen
I'd think it would be good if we had:

525hp Restrictor Plate for Daytona and Indy
Unrestricted full power for Road courses.

We need plates at Daytona, more power & less tyre at Indy, full power at SSRX perhaps if only to shorten the races and road courses don't really matter though I wouldn't be averse to full power.

EDIT: Anyway, what Knelly said. True story.

We need plates at Daytona, more power & less tyre at Indy, full power at SSRX perhaps if only to shorten the races and road courses don't really matter though I wouldn't be averse to full power.

EDIT: Anyway, what Knelly said. True story.

Yeah agreed Knelly.

PJ6Qc.png

OFFICIAL Brickyard 400 Results:

1. #43 JoeOfTheFire (27 laps led) - 20 points, +1 bonus point
2. #99 Tom_97_COD (45 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #20 Droptop2001gt (26 laps led) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #42 Knelly (61 laps led) - 14 points, +2 bonus points
5. #20 Nater_Racing21 - 0 points (Nationwide Driver)
6. #14 RFLX_Niop (Pole Position, 1 lap led) - 11 points, +2 bonus points
7. #83 RedPartyHat - 10 points
8. #83 MULE_9242 - 9 points
9. #18 Furinkazen - 8 points
10. #24 MattyMc1996 - 7 points
11. #48 dowhat13 - 6 points

GTP Sprint Cup Championship - After 8 of 8 Regular Season Races:
ZSwdZ.jpg

GTP Sprint Cup Chase for the Championship - After 0 of 5 Chase Races:
6btL3.jpg

Owner's Championship:
1hFAn.jpg

Manufacturer's Championship:
erX1R.jpg

Last edited:
fwqGv.jpg

Career Average finish updated for the following categories:

Overall Career
Regular Season
Oval
Indy

Also, I attached all of my stat spreadsheets so someone can update them from now on.

Attachments

• Sprint Cup All-Time Stats.zip
    95.5 KB · Views: 14
Drop, I may be able to race this series more, since I'm out of school, sports are over and have much more free time.

Any car openings this Saturday?

For official purposes, I'm promoting Nater_Racing21 to JGR team owner.

Cowboys965
Drop, I may be able to race this series more, since I'm out of school, sports are over and have much more free time.

Any car openings this Saturday?

There is no race this weekend and I don't know what the seats are looking like at this moment. I figure ACDC will show up for the chase races and I don't know what weeks furi whats to run if any at all.

I don't know if drop is running the rest of the chase or not and I'm willing to give my seat up for you to race if you want to run a week or 2 Cowboys?

I for one hope that Dowhat can be convinced to carry this on. He's a Chase contender for one, and has a lot of respect as a driver for another.

It would be a shame for him to leave as well.

Edit : Same goes for Mudd btw.

nate11x
There is no race this weekend and I don't know what the seats are looking like at this moment. I figure ACDC will show up for the chase races and I don't know what weeks furi whats to run if any at all.

I don't know if drop is running the rest of the chase or not and I'm willing to give my seat up for you to race if you want to run a week or 2 Cowboys?

Don't give it up for me, because I'm not even sure I can be at home to race when the time comes. :P

Next season should be awesome if we can get a full 14/15/16 car grids, new specs and an all new set of pilots fresh from NW. But anyway, the Chase will also be good fun. Can't wait to duel you all for the title, seems like an opportune time to say best of luck to everyone 👍

Hope so Knelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back