GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, Knelly. I have not unsubscribed, I'm still following the series and the friends I've made in here. This is the most stressful online racing series I've been a part of, and I'm not saying that I just can't handle it, but combine that with trying to keep two beloved children entertained during the summer months, and yea, it's just too much. I won't be racing with you guys for the rest of June/July. I will continue following the threads and keep contact, I really hope to be involved with this again after the summer months begin cooling. Keep it clean, racers!

Understood mate. It's a real shame though. Your presence has been missed the last few races.

Hope to see you on track sooner rather than later. 👍

Hope to see you on track again next season Mudd, always a pleasure to race you dude 👍

Who gets the other chase spot in that situation may I ask?

Assuming RPH already has Drop's spot.

Furi or matty if your going down the standings.

Sounds like Mudd is out and Crazy can't make it due to work.

So are there nine chase spots now, or is someone that earned their spot being removed (acdc/Dowhat/myself)? How does that affect the draft order?

Well, if we have two guys in the chase who are not going to race, how exactly does that work?

They finish seventh and eighth in points, and pass on their turn in the draft?

I'd like to have 8 driver actually showing up and competing in the Chase. So ideally if someone were to withdraw BEFORE the chase starts, we'd put them down to 9th, and bump up the next driver in line into the Chase.

So if Droptop withdraws, we let RPH into the Chase. If Dowhat withdraws, we'd let the next available driver into the Chase.

In the case of the draft, Drop and Dowhat would have the 9th and 10th picks.

Does this sound fair?

The drivers that made the Chase should hold their spots. It seems odd to promote non-Chase qualifiers to a position where they will definitely draft ahead of Trynor/carb/nater, and could even have a chance to win the Sprint Cup title outright when they were originally slotted to draft no better than 12th.

I should be able to do rounds 9, 10 and 12 in the #88 car for HMS. Round 13 is also doable depending on whether we do a double header or not - if we do, it's too late for me so I'm likely to require a substitute over there. Same goes for 16 laps of SSRX, even though I would have an excellent strategy for it. Simply too late. :(

This is my take on what we should do for the Chase this Season.

This is currently where we all stand:

GTP Sprint Cup Chase for the Championship - After 0 of 5 Chase Races:
6btL3.jpg

Now that we are officially starting the Chase in just under two weeks time, this league deserves to have quality competition fighting for the title, and therefore should continue to have 8 Chase drivers participating.

However, before the Chase has started, we have had the following:

I've had enough of trying to make everyone happy. I'm out.

RFLX is the new league owner/host. If he decides to hold today's race, please enjoy it, and good luck to all in season 4.

Its called a league for a reason. I'm out regardless

As both of these are Chase drivers, and as the Chase has not yet started, my opinion remains that the next two drivers, by points, should be drafted into the Chase to keep it as competitive as possible.

We cannot discount ACDC by the way, as although he has not been in a while, he has also not advised either way whether he is still part of this or not. Therefore, we have to assume that he is.

So, this would promote RPH and Mudd into the Chase. However, based on this from Mudd ...

You guys should probably go ahead and put someone else in the #88 for the remainder. I'm afraid I've just plain lost interest in this season.

... Furi will then become part of the Chase.

They would both start on 300 points, and would not be eligible for draft picks over Drop and Dowhat, who would officially get picks 7 and 8 respectively, before moving over to Try / Carb / Nater.

If of course either Drop or Dowhat decide to change their stance, and enter the Chase, then Furi followed by RPH will move back down to non-Chase status.

I would suggest that if Drop or Dowhat miss the first race, but decide to come back for the second, then they could be eligible for 2/3 points from the respectively promoted driver (upon all parties agreement of course). But if Drop or Dowhat miss then second race (of five) then they lose all rights to partake for Chase points, but still are eligible to race, and keep their draft pick position.

This way, we keep the draft positions based on merit on entering the Chase, and also keep 8 drivers in the Chase by promotion due to drivers deciding to no longer partake in this series.

Seem fair? Trying to keep it civil and as fair as possible for everyone here.

👍

Not in this league. Sorry, but I don't think you'll ever understand what's going on here.

Sorry but I have not been in here for a long time and I got much better and that's the truth for real. I need to get going again in this league.

Can I just interject something; no offence, but why do you feel the need to update every single NASCAR thread with the same pointless things like, "I've just got SSRX" or "I have made up a team name"?

Beat me to it. I posted what is deemed to be a very important topic which is now potentially lost in the thread by random posts that make no sense or are not relative.

Therefore .... Bump!

Knelly
This is my take on what we should do for the Chase this Season.

This is currently where we all stand:

Now that we are officially starting the Chase in just under two weeks time, this league deserves to have quality competition fighting for the title, and therefore should continue to have 8 Chase drivers participating.

However, before the Chase has started, we have had the following:

As both of these are Chase drivers, and as the Chase has not yet started, my opinion remains that the next two drivers, by points, should be drafted into the Chase to keep it as competitive as possible.

We cannot discount ACDC by the way, as although he has not been in a while, he has also not advised either way whether he is still part of this or not. Therefore, we have to assume that he is.

So, this would promote RPH and Mudd into the Chase. However, based on this from Mudd ...

... Furi will then become part of the Chase.

They would both start on 300 points, and would not be eligible for draft picks over Drop and Dowhat, who would officially get picks 7 and 8 respectively, before moving over to Try / Carb / Nater.

If of course either Drop or Dowhat decide to change their stance, and enter the Chase, then Furi followed by RPH will move back down to non-Chase status.

I would suggest that if Drop or Dowhat miss the first race, but decide to come back for the second, then they could be eligible for 2/3 points from the respectively promoted driver (upon all parties agreement of course). But if Drop or Dowhat miss then second race (of five) then they lose all rights to partake for Chase points, but still are eligible to race, and keep their draft pick position.

This way, we keep the draft positions based on merit on entering the Chase, and also keep 8 drivers in the Chase by promotion due to drivers deciding to no longer partake in this series.

Seem fair? Trying to keep it civil and as fair as possible for everyone here.

👍

The quote did not attach the previous quotes, as probably due to doing this post on my phone.

Can I just interject something; no offence, but why do you feel the need to update every single NASCAR thread with the same pointless things like, "I've just got SSRX" or "I have made up a team name"?

Because I want you guys to know.

But we don't want to know.

Knelly, I think thats a fair idea, but I'm over it now. I'm fine either way with what happens.

I like the idea of increasing competition in the Chase by allowing others to take a chance.

However, I would support taking off the wild card rule for next season. I know it's currently in place in real life, but I see no reason whatsoever in using it. It only promotes success in single races, not consistency.

Yeah, I think the idea is to concentrate on things like that after this season is over.

My other idea instead of RPH and the next available being promoted, was to offer the seats to Trynor and yourself for the Chase. Somehow though, that didn't seem fair to those who had competed in the Cup all season long.

It would have kept things easier and in line with the upcoming Draft however.

Nice ideas on next season but like Mule said let's focus on the chase. Remember that Trynor and Carb will get decent draft numbers anyway due to their NW finish as it went....

Chase drivers pick first in finishing order.
Then 1-2-3 NW drivers.
Then rest of Cup field.
Then rest of NW field.

More drivers in the chase the better IMO so give Furi a shot maybe if he's next up.

Dowhat told me he is 100% sure he is not racing anymore. And with Mudd, Dowhat and myself out of this, I had been remaining in the owners seat. I had hired Matty for the #24, Carb has been hired for the #88 & Cowboys may race in the #48. I hope that helps out, for what it's worth. Also, I am handing over the ownership-reigns to Carbonox. He has proven worthy. I will not be wanting an ownership role next series either. I will be a driver-for-hire in the NW S2 if that goes on. That's all, maybe see you guys next series. Was fun while it lasted.

It's a shame that we have lost a whole team but well done and thank you for sorting out three credible replacements. It's appreciated Crazy :)

Kind of waiting on Joe and Niop then to see if they agree with my Chase proposal and then I think we are all set to carry on 👍

Knelly
It's a shame that we have lost a whole team but well done and thank you for sorting out three credible replacements. It's appreciated Crazy :)

Kind of waiting on Joe and Niop then to see if they agree with my Chase proposal and then I think we are all set to carry on 👍

I agree with your proposal, let's do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back