GTP NASCAR SPRINT CUP S3 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Joe Gibbs Racing, Toyota

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,094 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
MÜLE_9242;7263134
I've volunteered to take over and run Nationwide permanently, yes. :)

What time? If its around 4pm to 7pm BST that's good as it avoids a TOCA clash, which is what Chqr had planned for Season 2.

Yeah, I don't think it makes sense having one of these series affiliated with PURE. I know it's an awesome organization; hell, I'm working with Wardez on a PURE series right now; but GTP NASCAR is a separate entity the way I see it 👍

I'm expecting the NW timetables to remain as they were planned. It surely can't overlap with TOCA, right?! :scared:

It's probably in the better interest of both TOCA and NW if they run back-to-back so drivers can participate in both series if they wish, but that will be left up to Mule and Furi to sort out on their own.

It's probably in the better interest of both TOCA and NW if they run back-to-back so drivers can participate in both series if they wish, but that will be left up to Mule and Furi to sort out on their own.

Well i had planned to have two TOCA seasons back to back as its been six months since the last fully completed one and thats what people wanted...

Well i had planned to have two TOCA seasons back to back as its been six months since the last fully completed one and thats what people wanted...

I didn't mean back-to-back as in season-to-season, I meant back-to-back as in time frames. For instance, one runs from 1p to 2:30p, the other runs from 2:30p to 4p.

I didn't mean back-to-back as in season-to-season, I meant back-to-back as in time frames. For instance, one runs from 1p to 2:30p, the other runs from 2:30p to 4p.

Oh right. Yeah thats what I am fully in favour of, it would work for both of us.

Yeah, I don't think it makes sense having one of these series affiliated with PURE. I know it's an awesome organization; hell, I'm working with Wardez on a PURE series right now; but GTP NASCAR is a separate entity the way I see it 👍

Yeah you're totally true and i definitely understand that ;)

What time? If its around 4pm to 7pm BST that's good as it avoids a TOCA clash, which is what Chqr had planned for Season 2.

Was planning 1:00 eastern.

Under the PURE Banner?

No lol

This ;)

I'm expecting the NW timetables to remain as they were planned. It surely can't overlap with TOCA, right?! :scared:
I'll make sure it doesn't overlap TOCA.

I like the 3 to 1 idea, but would like to see shorter seasons. Ideally I would like to see 8 races for trucks, 10 for NW, and 12 for SC. My 2 cents.

Drop. Have you considered increasing the number of drivers from 12, for the beginning of The Chase, or are you just keeping it as it has been for the most of the season?

We're going to keep the number at 12 for the rest of this season. The last thing we need to do is add more inexperienced drivers during the Chase. We will be trying to put 14 cars on track for S4.

Speaking of Season 4, I have a provisional schedule ready for preview. Expect a sneak peak later today.

Makes sense, was just curious as the lagging issues seem to be resolved etc.

Looking forward to the new schedule ~rubs hands together~

Overall, the new schedule is the most realistic and most balanced it's ever been. There are 3 races each at Daytona, Indy, Motegi, SSRX, and on road courses. The Chase will feature 5 oval races for the first time, and the All-Star Race is changing venues (any guesses?). We will now also have the four "major" events from the real Sprint Cup, the Daytona 500, Southern 300, Coca Cola 600, and the Brickyard 400. These major races will also fall in the correct order (as listed above), and we will even have the All-Star race the weekend before the Coca Cola 600. If IndyCar somehow manages to land their Indy 500 on the same weekend as our 600, we can have a classic Memorial Day weekend all in one.

I really wish the Motegi race could go 500 miles for authenticity, but I'm sure that we will still be limited to 200 laps. That means the longest distance we could run would be 309.8 miles. 200 laps at Motegi is 498.6 km, so I guess we could call it the Southern 500, just with the understanding that it's 500 km instead of 500 miles.

Southern 500K?

The real race at Darlington is 500 miles, but we can't run more than 309.8 miles (200 laps x 1.549 miles) at Motegi. We could run 200 laps, and it would be 498.6k, which would be close enough to call it a 500km race. Would you guys prefer that it be called the Southern 300 (my preference) or the Southern 500k? As a guy from the South, imagining any local NASCAR fans embracing the metric system is pretty laughable. I used metric distances for 2 of the road courses, because they came out to nicer round numbers. But for the rest of the ovals, all of the other distances are in miles.

How about making Montegi a 500 mile race but have it split into two races, one immediately following the other.

Using the splits after 'race 1' all drivers behind the leader would then start the same amount of seconds behind p1.

Confusing, maybe, but we get 500 miles out of it.

How about making Montegi a 500 mile race but have it split into two races, one immediately following the other.

Using the splits after 'race 1' all drivers behind the leader would then start the same amount of seconds behind p1.

Confusing, maybe, but we get 500 miles out of it.

Having to combine times from two events isn't something I want to do just to hit a landmark number of miles for one race. I don't mind the major Motegi race distance being a little shorter than the real version, especially since the other major events are really long events, clocking in at 400 miles (Indy), 500 miles (Daytona), and 600 miles (SSRX). Other than the 4 majors, only two other currently scheduled races clock in at over 200 miles, and both are on our fastest tracks (250 miles at Daytona and 225 miles at SSRX). Hopefully, the rest of the 9 races will all be over in around 70 minutes or less. There are 6 oval races between 150 and 200 miles, and the three road course races (135km Suzuka East, 175km Monza, 125 miles HSR).

It's a real shame we can't do any more laps at Motegi.

So, what's the team breakdown gonna be next season? As in how many cars for each team.

Right now, I'm leaning toward 14 total cars, broken down as following:

Hendrick - 4 cars - 2010 #24, 2011 #24, 2011 #48, 2011 #88
JGR - 3 cars - 2011 #11, 2011 #18, 2011 #20
Ford - 3 cars - 2010 #43, 2011 #43, 2011 #99
RBR - 2 cars - 2010 #83, 2011 #83
SGR - 2 cars - 2011 #14, 2011 #42

That's 6 Chevys, 5 Toyotas, and 3 Fords.

If we decide to add a 15th car, we'll add the 2010 #20 to make JGR a 4-car team. The 2010 orange/white Home Depot car is pretty easily distinguished from the solid orange 2011 model.

You could call it the 500 still. That's what they did for the real Motegi race in 1998. "The Coca-Cola 500 was an exhibition NASCAR stock car race of 311.3 miles ( 501.0 km)..." I know they ran 201 laps rather than the 200 we're limited to, but it's close enough.

EDIT: Never mind. They only used KM for exhibition races held outside the US (the two at Suzuka East, one at Motegi, and one at Calder Park in Australia).

Last edited:
I think an extra JGR car is a good idea because you'll have two big teams, two small teams and Ford in the middle which would be neat. Also, the more cars the better in my opinion 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back