GTP WRS-Online : Event 75 : Extra Kink[y]! - February 13

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 66 comments
Was that supposed to send me on a trip? haha!:crazy:

I just had a look at the video and seems youtube messed up the whole thing. First telling me they senced the video was choppy and I was so :dunce: to click the 'Improve Video' button. (Note to self; never let Youtube do anything to my vids anymore)
Fortunately I could restore it, hope it'll work. :nervous:

I had to switch to Reserve for the E/U race. Might not make it home in time to race.

Al

I should make it for tonights EU race, can't change my status though as Im on my phone.

I should make it for tonights EU race, can't change my status though as Im on my phone.

I updated your status to confirmed.

I think I need to paint my car a different color... Red is popular in the EU race.

I think I tried to paint mine and it said it's unpaintable. I could be remembering wrong though.

EDIT: It appears I am wrong, sorry guys. :lol:

Last edited:
You can paint the car but you can't change or paint the wheels :)

Yup, that's why I removed the rim color from the driver registration images.

If we get to 12 today in the EU race that's going to be quite a full grid for Tsukuba. In some practice races yesterday 5 on track provided a good bit of fun so a dozen will be insane.

This is a short track so I want to remind everyone again that we observe the blue flag rule. If you run into trouble early in the race and things are not going well and you fall off the lead lap you must allow lead lap cars to pass at the first safe opportunity.

Regardless, traffic is going to be a big factor today... the guy in front in clean air is going to have a huge advantage... but that kink skipping should throw in a twist. After the practice yesterday I almost wish we'd have allowed a skip every 10 laps. :lol:

I updated your status to confirmed.

I think I need to paint my car a different color... Red is popular in the EU race.

Cheer's looking forward to it 👍👍👍

What kind of lap times were people doing in practice yesterday? I had a quick go this afternoon in an online lobby and could only get down to 1:00.1 with almost full fuel load.

I had my car setup with active steering for the WRS time trial but have had to change my setup slightly to make it easier to drive since we aren't allowed active steering in this, after all it is a 53 lap race :)

Best lap from practice yesterday afternoon was Sjaak with a 1:00.1 but we didn't see that achieved more than once. I ran 1:00.4 after tires warmed up with a full fuel load without any drafting assistance, but more often in the 1:00.7-9 range until the tires lose some grip.

If you can get 1:00.1 consistently then you are going quite fast. Hopefully there is enough of a draft that the rest of us can keep you "entertained". :sly:

You are probably finding this out in the lounge already, but yes, everyone has full fuel for qualy. Our process for resetting the times after practice is done, and qualy is starting has everyone leave track, and enter again, so everyone starts qualy with full fuel.

Al, we're doing two groups for quali so if you are late you can join. D1/D2 just started their quali now.

UPDATE: Race starting

Last edited:
Good race everyone :cheers:

I would be celebrating my win, but I made a mistake in cutting the kink on lap 31 or so, outside the stated 35-45 lap window. I would like to apologise for this and will accept a penalty if need be. :banghead:

Tough luck Bandit for your tyre wear problem and running out of fuel. If it's any consolation, I ran out of fuel on my first WRS race too (and did it again in Event 68). It's a good idea to do a practice run beforehand and calculate how much extra fuel you will need.

Good race tonight.

I miss not making many Wednesday night race's, now i've set my cupboard under the stair's rig up, Im hopeing to make a lot more :).

Fun race guys. 👍

It was quite intense starting on the back half of the field after my sub par qualification lap. It was like following a swarm of bees into battle. :lol: Or may army ants is more appropriate.

I was lucky to get a podium. The two stop strategy gave me some free track where I could just concentrate on my line and my pace got much better.

I was about 8 seconds behind JTV in 5th after I took my cut on lap 44 and even though I didn't have splits to him I could see a visible difference each lap. Then Bandit ran out of gas on lap 48 and I was in 4th only about 3 seconds behind JTV. I caught Jon on lap 50 and managed a pass on turn 1 on lap 52. My tires were still fresh at the time having pit on lap 37.

There will be a delay in publishing the results this week as we have to verify everyone took the appropriate chicane cuts, check for fast laps and finally the admins are assessing what penalty will be handed out to Matthew.

The OLR Admins have decided on a drive through penalty for GTP_matthew for taking the chicane cut outside the allowed window.

We've estimated that the full pit delta at Tsukuba with a tire change is about 24 seconds. Tires take the same amount of time to change as adding 15L of fuel which means the tire change takes roughly 9 seconds (15*0.6). Therefore a drive through without a stop would be about 15 seconds.

Note that if matthew had taken 3 cuts, which he didn't, the ruling would have been a DQ. We know this wasn't on purpose and it ends up costing him only one position, albeit the most important position. If you find yourself in this position and realize it during the lap you can avoid a post race penalty by enforcing one yourself. Slow down and give up any track position (or places) gained.

With that, here are the still "not quite" official results:

event75_res_eu.png

I've quickly reviewed for fast laps (excluding laps with the chicane cut) and also verified all other cuts were taken according to the rules. Here's what I show for "cut laps" for each drive. As soon as this information is verified we'll make the results official

Code:
[B][U]Driver[/U]			[U]Cut Laps[/U][/B]
GTP_gooners_17		11, 45
GTP_gmmatthew		20, [COLOR="Red"]31[/COLOR] (15 second drive thru penalty applied to time)
GTP_WRP001		11, 44
GTP_JTV			12, 41
GTP_MadMax86		20, 38
GTP_Sjaak		11, 44
GTP_Hasslemoff		11, 39
GTP_oink		15, 41
GTP_Speedy6543		11, 39
GTP_BanditKarter	10, 41

Was a fun race for sure. Lots of concentration to keep the car going in a straight line with only the 1 stop, when you get to the end of the stint, not to mention when you've got someone 5 metres behind you!

I decided to just go on and sign up for the NA race...I'll probably regret it in the morning, but racing is a bit addicting :D

BanditKarter got fast lap by 0.001? :crazy:.

Great race guys! I'll be the first to admit Bandit and Matthew were a lot faster than me. I just clung on to their draft for the first half of the race. Bandit had tire issues causing him to drop back, and Matthew messed up the kink timing. Lucky win but I'll take it.

See some of you tonight :cheers:.

The OLR Admins have decided on a drive through penalty for GTP_matthew for taking the chicane cut outside the allowed window.

We've estimated that the full pit delta at Tsukuba with a tire change is about 24 seconds. Tires take the same amount of time to change as adding 15L of fuel which means the tire change takes roughly 9 seconds (15*0.6). Therefore a drive through without a stop would be about 15 seconds.

Note that if matthew had taken 3 cuts, which he didn't, the ruling would have been a DQ. We know this wasn't on purpose and it ends up costing him only one position, albeit the most important position. If you find yourself in this position and realize it during the lap you can avoid a post race penalty by enforcing one yourself. Slow down and give up any track position (or places) gained.

Okay, fair enough. Nice to have still managed second place. Congratulations to Mohit for the win. 👍

I had cut the kink early because I somehow thought that the second window was lap 30-45. I realised my mistake about 10 laps later, and decided to keep going and take a post-race penalty.

I really need to make sure I have any lap windows completely memorized in future... :dunce:

I'll be in as soon as I can. I download Mass Effect 1 and started installing it 45 minutes ago and it is currently @ 75% complete, thought it would have been completed a while ago :dunce:

I'll be in as soon as I can. I download Mass Effect 1 and started installing it 45 minutes ago and it is currently @ 75% complete, thought it would have been completed a while ago :dunce:

Playstation loves to be helpful with installations. Once you have started one, there is absolutely no way to cancel it, except perhaps turning off the power.

Back