GTP_Inter_Divisional_Online _Racing (GTP_IDOR) Race Two post #232

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 371 comments
PASM
unofficial GTPlanet Inter Divisional Online Racing by Eriba
Round 1 - Spoon CR-Z @ Cape Ring South

A race report from one of the first races from this combo, raced last friday 1-4-2011. Let this inspire you and host sessions for your division too. It's a really good combo!
As you can see it turned out to be a race full of close racing, one of the closest racing I've ever seen. I've had a lot of fun. Thanks for the awesome race guys!!! 👍👍👍
Edit: nice pictures African Kat 👍

Drivers: GTP_w-g-e, GTP_wayna, GTP_african_kat, GTP_pk_090, GTP_Eriba, GTP_PASM

Part 1

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WepAJ4JMVTw">YouTube Link</a>

Part 2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXx3XKJFJc">YouTube Link</a>

Very enjoyble video's to watch. Nice racing guys. Looked like Bart was playing with you all. In the last lap he sprinted to the finish left everybody behind.

I notice something strang. Ad the end of part 2 i saw à message on the right top of THE screen, saying GTP_Eriba is now online but hè was in the race. or was that your Spielberg special effect, Bart.

I'm highly interested in racing other Division 3 members!
PSN: GTP_ SuItan (it's an i)
Division 3

I'll be back on PS3 after April 10.

Very enjoyble video's to watch. Nice racing guys. Looked like Bart was playing with you all. In the last lap he sprinted to the finish left everybody behind.
Nah, he only uploads races he wins. :sly:

I notice something strang. Ad the end of part 2 i saw à message on the right top of THE screen, saying GTP_Eriba is now online but hè was in the race. or was that your Spielberg special effect, Bart.

Was my Alta Ego Dennis.

Bart's video has been just the ticket, it's got members talking and posting just what we want.

Please come along and try it, it's not fast it's not hard, but it is good fun for a change from 500bhp, what is the point of having 1000 plus cars if we dont all use them. Keep them coming WRS admin.

Yesterday was good with GTP_w-g-e, GTP_Worst Driver, GTP_Wayna, GTP_Rutter200, GTP_Malbroo, GTP_Monoha, GTP_GumI8all, great racing guys GTP_Rutter200 comes in one race and takes the win, man your fast 👍

But four Division one guys and me left me a little out my depth at times, I need more Div 2 guys to join in and back me up.

Phillip.

Looked like Bart was playing with you all. In the last lap he sprinted to the finish left everybody behind.

Partly my fault as i bumped into Eriba who was in 2nd. One mistake and your'e never catching Bart, haha

one thing i noticed in the race at the end of lap 3 on the straight - i clipped the grass and spun out but was able to catch and pass the whole field on the straight.

A case of double draft or a glitch?

I will definatly join once in awhile. But the Honda spoon at cape town isn't my kind of combo.

I will definatly join once in awhile. But the Honda spoon at cape town isn't my kind of combo.

Partly my fault as i bumped into Eriba who was in 2nd. One mistake and your'e never catching Bart, haha

one thing i noticed in the race at the end of lap 3 on the straight - i clipped the grass and spun out but was able to catch and pass the whole field on the straight.

This is just an observation not a reply.

You'll be very surprised Dennis, I know what your saying but this is all about the opportunity of racing some of the WRS event races on line with your fellow division members, not a competition race as we know it, we spend a week at a time lap after lap on WRS to learn the car and track in the hope of submitting the best lap time possible, then never get the chance to put all that hard work and frustration into practice.

If someone like Bart (GTP_Pasm) with his abilities says it's some of the best close racing he's had that a good enough endorsement for me.

Why did i pick this WRS combo to try first, simple the turn out was 105 submissions so quiet popular, nice and easy car and track for all divisions 1 through 5 thinking of members abilities, but it's also a tactical race, as we've found out and others will back me up on this, if you think you can just go for the finish line you'll be very much mistaken.

Having raced this now 10 or 12 times (practice), I think Kevin and the admin team did a great job in matching these two together, but like all things, to much of one thing gets boring, to much of 500bhp also gets boring, so I do hope the mix fits in well.

I know it's not going to be a ragging success over night like WRS, if the members put in just one 10th of the effort they put into WRS each week, it just maybe a good event for us all.

Kat the bumps are all part of the fun mate, I was not on my toes enough to see it coming, next time I'll miss you 👍 keep coming back I love racing with you. :bowdown:

If you have taken the time to read this, Sorry for rambling it's a new concept I think, all about your total lap time (like in WRS) and fastest lap times on a points system.

Phillip.

Yesterday was good with GTP_w-g-e, GTP_Worst Driver, GTP_Wayna, GTP_Rutter200, GTP_Malbroo, GTP_Monoha, GTP_GumI8all, great racing guys GTP_Rutter200 comes in one race and takes the win, man your fast 👍

But four Division one guys and me left me a little out my depth at times, I need more Div 2 guys to join in and back me up.

Phillip.

It was good fun with you guys. 👍 Never thought I could enjoy driving a FWD car. :P
and don't underestimate you, you were in the pack Phillip. ;)

Last edited:
My Lounge is open GTP_Eriba for a short time, if your on my PSN list you may join if you wish. Free Practice.

Phillip.

Wow thanks Bart realy nice videos, was great fun too, hope to do so soon again.
awesome videos Pasm :)
First of all a big thanks to Bart for the great video’s, if there were just 10 members with the same get up and go as you, along with others (Andy, Lin, Wes, Kat, Wayne, Ali) this will turn into a good extension of WRS. We’re not going to run all past races from WRS just the ones that we think are entertaining enough to race online, mix them in with our own or requested races, it should be like you say an event worth taking part in.
Great videos Bart. I can see my car was lagging a bit in the first half of the race. Tell me if it's happening again please.

Thank you guys very much for the wonderful comments. 👍

Just one thing i see that there is a bit of lagging going on with my car, so if it is a problem for you guys please tell me.

The lag wasn't noticable at all in the race itself. I captured this from the replay, which stores data about position and angle less frequently I suppose.

I wish I had the skills of Spielberg :lol: but that is not the case :dopey: It's just that I captured the video off the screen on sunday afternoon while playing the replay I saved. At that instance Phil just came online ;)

Nah, he only uploads races he wins. :sly:

Ok, I'll bite... :sly:

unofficial GTPlanet Inter Divisional Online Racing by Eriba
Round 1 - Spoon CR-Z @ Cape Ring South
GTP_w-g-e vs. GTP_PASM

A classic and very enjoyable duel with Wes (w-g-e).
Top notch racing 👍

Drivers: GTP_w-g-e, GTP_wayna, GTP_afrikan_kat, GTP_PASM

Part 1

Part 2

Practice Lobby Room open 1472-6399-8451-1924-0555 all welcome. Room Closed

Last edited:
Can i join lobby if i'm not in championship?

Welcome to GTPlanet.

Yes we wouldn't turn anyone away, 👍 come and enjoy any time in the free practice.

All I would ask is keep an eye on your mirror and let the GTP_Tag guys pass, if they catch you up. If they can't catch you just go for the line thanks.

Come and enjoy.

Phillip.

Last edited:
sweet racing last night - had a nice battle with GTP_Sutuki

Its great fun driving with low hp against good drivers

sweet racing last night - had a nice battle with GTP_Sutuki

Its great fun driving with low hp against good drivers

Glad you think so Kat, it's not easy coming up with a combo that suits everyone, but we do try. :)

Ok its been some time now since members signed up showing interest in this event March 21st and the first rooms were posted April 1st not a fools joke.

There has been a lot of positive feed back as you can read for yourselves, I really would like to see some post from Divisios 3 / 4 / 5 now, please use the example and post your room number for other members of your division to see and take part.

Hoping to see one or two main races take part this weekend, I'm ready thanks to the help from Andy with the spread sheet, he's worked very hard to get it ready with a very busy personal life.

It's not compulsory to take part, but as fellow members have all put their names in the hat (list) its would be nice of you to race with them.

Look forward to seeing many of you on track. 👍

Phillip.

Sorry, I'm kind of at a loss as to how to organize it.. can you point out the message I'm supposed to read?

I'm definitely interested in online racing!

Sorry, I'm kind of at a loss as to how to organize it.. can you point out the message I'm supposed to read?

I'm definitely interested in online racing!
post 141
Something like dranddad put in post 193 is even enough.

Last edited:
Updated first post to try and make it easier for you.

The second race is set and been tested, this was a requested race the popular GT300's at Deep Forest.

As soon as everyone on the list has had enough time to sort races in their own divisions, main races run and times posted, I can then post the next race.

Good luck to all 👍

Phillip.

I have some free time time and I would like to race online...
Use my signature to put me in the right division as promotions come and go

thx. George

Room opened at 12.05. I see you looking come join the room have some fun

GTP_IDOR all Div's Room Number 1472-6118-3744-3752-6614 Free practice all welcome to join. 👍 Room closed try and sort my brake light flickering

If any Division 2 members would like to run a main race after free practice to get the ball rolling thats fine too. :nervous:

13:15 gone to sort some lunch I'll leave the room open, back after lunch. 13:58 Back in room

Phillip.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I'm out of action, no PS3 (and possibly no internet as of tomorrow) until sunday at the earliest :(

Spoon CRZ

Cape ring South

Practise races + Main race

All divisions / Spectators welcome

16 April 2011 18:00 GMT (?)

Room number: 1472 - 6399 - 8408 - 2428 - 4703 open now

Please join, so we can get on with the next combo.

Last edited:
Hi Wes I'm in your room, hope others come and join too free practice night any members may join in the fun. 👍

New room number is 1472-6118-3658-4760-1276 open now at time of edit

Looks like TRP vs GTP tonight

Phillip.

Last edited:
head to head main race

GTP_Eriba vs GTP_MadMax86 Div2

GTP_MadMax86 Total time 16'21.779 Fastest lap 1’35.428

MadMax

Back