GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 103 : Extra! Extra Track! Read All About It!

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 154 comments
Finally had some seat time.

Also much better last sector

Damn that first turn...

zrodegreesklvn
New settings

Thanks for posting, already seeing better t2 times - just need to string it together.

Originally I opted for a tune based around low front ride height, and high rear ride height (-16, 25). But for some reason it really affects the braking time having the rear raised.
The fastest t1 i could get was a .70 due to the time it took to get the car stopped for the first corner. Then changed to your first tune to get my current best.

Still a couple of tenths hopefully, should get a nice hour session this afternoon.

Still cant understand that middle sector, very close to my limit now, there is very little to find everywhere so its going to be hard to improve, koen looks like your confortable with T2 good job

But not a good last sector:grumpy:

Still cant understand that middle sector, very close to my limit now, there is very little to find everywhere so its going to be hard to improve, koen looks like your confortable with T2 good job

You never know manu, there is lots to be lost in the final sector, and this lap i lost almost eveything there:banghead:

But not a good last sector:grumpy:

You never know manu, there is lots to be lost in the final sector, and this lap i lost almost eveything there:banghead:

That's a tenths koen, I'll try but it's gonna be hard. I've only had two .7s by T2 and both of them I messed up in sector 3

Thanks Lucas, thats a very solid time you put up also, and it's always nice when you and the OLR regulars find time for a tt.

Chris, I'm sure if you find some seat time you'll show me what's up.

Kreeydoed, those are some serious splits you have there, really nice.

Lost half to three-quarters of a tenth in sector 3 as I had a tiny bit of wheelspin out of the last hairpin. Still gained .110 in total, but need to run more laps to get a better end to the lap.

I now have a flickery throttle which I can't cure with wd40 (worked before...), as well as an occasional double upshift. Happened 3 times in 30 minutes of gear changes. Could be bad news! Anyone got any fix advice? It's pretty bad for lap times :(

Last edited:
First laps in this combo ;

Last edited:

Nice combo :)

Oh.and the online thread is up;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=273617

With an extra twist.

And a pic of my ride.

281d7kl.jpg

Slighty better splits, getting the feeling in the second sector ;

With these last splits, I also improved 0.3 on my lap time with my best third sector so far. Hope to find some more....

Last edited:
Managed to find some time to start this today. Hopefully I can find some more free time this weekend!

Using Baron's revised tune.

Might have to switch to my g27 though, my 8 week old t500 looks like it's packing up on me! :ouch:

Managed to find some time to start this today. Hopefully I can find some more free time this weekend!

Using Baron's revised tune.

Might have to switch to my g27 though, my 8 week old t500 looks like it's packing up on me! :ouch:

No good news, if youre new wheel is already causing trouble's, just found out by reading your signature, we have the excact same rig set up, only mine is only two weeks old, so 'knock on wood' overhere...

What is the excact problem ?

Altough I was happy to see you back, I hope you're return doesn't have a permanent influence on your wheel.... then again, you still have warrenty (but it is never fun when these things break down).

Yeah! Loving the cockpit!

The wheel has become loose and two out of the four screws on the shaft will just turn freely without tightening!

I have tightened up the other two screws but after a couple of minutes the steering is the same again!

Have emailed Thrustmaster, just waiting for their reply!

Yeah! Loving the cockpit!

The wheel has become loose and two out of the four screws on the shaft will just turn freely without tightening!

I have tightened up the other two screws but after a couple of minutes the steering is the same again!

Have emailed Thrustmaster, just waiting for their reply!

I had the same problem after two days, two of them came loose, tightend them and so far they seem to hold.

I am also very happy with my current cockpit, good seat and good wheel, combined it gives a nice relaxed and realistic feeling, but still a bit slower then on the G27 but more consistend.

Altough I was happy to see you back, I hope you're return doesn't have a permanent influence on your wheel.

Thank you!:cheers: I'll be competing (well attempting to compete:lol:) regardless of which wheel I'm using. I only started racing with GT5, I never took the game too seriously on GT1 through 4 and am finding it slow going improving, but now can't bring myself to put any other game into my PS3.

I'm glad you're enjoying your setup, you dont seem to be suffering too much on your change of wheel, you're putting in some good times.👍

Then I'd better not derail this thread any longer with hardware issues. On with the racing!

Last edited:
Something weirds been happening with my wheel occasionally I see blobs of braking when I'm not touching the brakes, very little but enough to spoil a lap, fortunatly it didn't happen on my fast lap. Has anyone ever got that?

Something weirds been happening with my wheel occasionally I see blobs of braking when I'm not touching the brakes, very little but enough to spoil a lap, fortunatly it didn't happen on my fast lap. Has anyone ever got that?

Yep - I've had that. It has not happened for quite some time though - WD40 (or other mechanism-freeing-spray-stuff) worked well to stop it. For me it was so small that I didn't notice - but you could see on the straights the occasional bit of red appearing on the brake meter.

Might buy an airduster this week to try and prolong my pedals' life a bit longer, as well as blindly spraying it into every other available hole in the hope it will stop all the other problems.... :grumpy:

Yep - I've had that. It has not happened for quite some time though - WD40 (or other mechanism-freeing-spray-stuff) worked well to stop it. For me it was so small that I didn't notice - but you could see on the straights the occasional bit of red appearing on the brake meter.

Might buy an airduster this week to try and prolong my pedals' life a bit longer, as well as blindly spraying it into every other available hole in the hope it will stop all the other problems.... :grumpy:

Cheers ill try that, it def affects your speed on the back straight I saw my ghost fly past me, luckily it only happen when I was behind haven't gotten any luck getting ahead yet :)

Just past 2 hours after starting my 1 hour session, finally managed a faster overall lap.

T1 13.504
T2 19.353

Pleased with my last sector - although was sketchy onto the back straight tried to avoid oversteer on exit, but slightly over did it.

Seem to be improving sector 1 - had a few .4s my best is 13.450. But sector 2 I can't seem to get below a 19.35 usually only manage a 19.4.

Does anyone else feel like they need to hang their knee out to get this thing to turn properly?:lol:

(Lousy T3 I'm afraid)

Does anyone else feel like they need to hang their knee out to get this thing to turn properly?:lol:

(Lousy T3 I'm afraid)
What the heck is wrong with the times you turned in? Look how close the Leader Board is overall, amazing I think!

What the heck is wrong with the times you turned in? Look how close the Leader Board is overall, amazing I think!

Nothing. Except they're nearly 3 tenths slower than the leaders. It's a joke Gayle. Motorcycle racers hang their knees out in the corners. Just a reference to this car being of motorcycle lineage.

I used to drag race a Honda "Dream" when I was stationed on Guam back in 1961. Never lost a race too. I know the hang the knee thing in MC racing. I think this car is more Go kart'ish. Lots of fun racing this Puppy. Anyway wish I was as fast. :)

guys Im trying to solve this brake issue with my peddels where do you spray the dust remover to get the peddels to work properly, do I have to open it up ?

Submitted with posted splits and moving onto next week. Average t3 won't get the job done but decent lap and great combo, cheers Sjaak :D

I'm slightly annoyed with myself for only looking at this so late in the week but I must say, after a quick test run with the DS3 that the extra corner really is a beauty! :D Unfortunately I have a bit of maths homework to do before I whack out my wheel and give it a proper shot but expect some split times soon :)

EDIT: Initial split times are

EDIT: New splits

Last edited:
I'm slightly annoyed with myself for only looking at this so late in the week but I must say, after a quick test run with the DS3 that the extra corner really is a beauty! :D Unfortunately I have a bit of maths homework to do before I whack out my wheel and give it a proper shot but expect some split times soon :)

EDIT: Initial split times are

EDIT: New splits

You son of a gun Bandit ;) And you did that with chase cam view right?

Back