GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 58 : Alfa Rome-o

• Thread starter EDK
  • 193 comments
Little photo shoot with Tim at Spa

Got slightly faster splits and nearly half a second at the line.

Gotta love that gold chrome 👍 :)

Nice steps forward Jack and Matt. 👍

Great splits... but where's the merry banter? Surely you're not just trying to make everyone else feel bad? :sly:

Having bailed on Week 57, I made a concerted effort to re-learn how to drive smoothly with my old G25 and put in 2x 1 hour sessions on this last night. 1st hour spent vainly trying to find a nifty setup to tame the mental thing whilst fighting my twitchy wheel. 2nd hour I just threw my setup from the MR2 on it, with a couple of small changes, and drove around the problems instead.

LSD 5/5/12

-20/-20
14.4/15.0
4/7
7/9
7/7
2.0/2.0
-0.12/0.00

BB 4/2 ABS 10

Was pretty damn pleased with that all things considered. The old G25 feels very disjointed and I've had to make my steering inputs uber smooth, which took some doing after swapping from the very solid FFB of the Fanatec. Sector 3 wasn't the best of the session and lost about 0.15 there. Saw a few 26.1s in sector 2 but this was my best 1st sector all night. Looking for another 0.2 on the lap I reckon and I'll now happily chase that for the rest of the week. Good luck all. Great combo Kevin. :cheers:

1st sector vid:

Last edited:
I was gonna give this week a miss after testing a few laps on it yesterday tbh :indiff:

I really have to give props to the guys who share set ups for the people with very limited time or just the extreme lazy sods like myself :sly:👍 To all who have shared set ups over the WRS events of late! (Chris, Kev, etc...) I give 'Thanks' as without them I would only be taking part in the Arcade combo's :dopey:

Cheers Chris, will try your set up later after work 👍 Not saying I will participate! but I'm always happy to give an extra few laps here and there with someone else's hard work and very generous findings :cheers:
Wicked splits guys 👍
Cheers
Ron.

I agree with Mr P, without Chris' setups to use over the last couple weeks, I would have been in really bad shape. Drove this one a bit last night, and wasn't competitive at all. I'll try Chris' tune when I get a chance.

Thanks.

Latest splits,

T1, 29.724
T2, 26.393

Trying to learn to drive with an egg under my right foot ain't easy.:sly:

wow. what a slippery bugger. comfort soft + stone = whatjusthappened?

oops .. misprint

Last edited:
I really have to give props to the guys who share set ups for the people with very limited time or just the extreme lazy sods like myself :sly:👍 To all who have shared set ups over the WRS events of late! (Chris, Kev, etc...) I give 'Thanks' as without them I would only be taking part in the Arcade combo's :dopey:

I agree with Mr P, without Chris' setups to use over the last couple weeks, I would have been in really bad shape.

Try as I might, I simply cannot get a feel for tuning a car, so I could not agree more to the sentiments above. A huge thank-you to everyone who shares their setups and track guides too. This really does add to the 'family' atmosphere here on GTPlanet.

Thanks guys and gals. :cheers:

New splits, better T1 and OA.

T1, 29.634
T2, 26.428

Massively fun car to drive! Just so annoying with the fact its sooooooo tail happy! Must find a solution for that!

Edit:

First splits for me...

Used Chris tune as a base, then have been playing with the transmission and the suspension to try and get the tail a bit more under control!

Last edited:
About to give this a first go with stock settings on the car.

Edit: At least I'll finally learn how to drift.... :ouch:

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I am NOT very good at tuning!

-15/-5
6.5/3.6
4/4
4/4
2/1

2.0/2.0
0/0

5/5/20

5/5

3 192
2 284
1 890
1 567
1 301
3 075

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Mark, can you remove the decimal point (.) from your gear ratios? It confuses Fetchy into thinking you're lightspeed-fast. :D

EDIT: Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry about that.
Lesson learned :)
Will it fix itself or have I broken it?

Edit: Oh, I see.

Last edited:
Hello, fellow low-grip racers. Here are my splits thus far, bear in mind I can only improve on these times, because a chimpanzee or one of the other intelligent simians could probably post similar splits:

EDIT:

Last edited:
He is lightspeed fast... no confusion here. :)

Improvement for me -

Better 3rd sector and up 0.1 at the line. Looking for the missing tenth in sector 1 now and anything else is a bonus. I'm really enjoying this combo. 👍

Hello, fellow low-grip racers. Here are my splits thus far, bear in mind I can only improve on these times, because a chimpanzee or one of the other intelligent simians could probably post similar splits:
Gotta start somewhere mate... My first laps last night were just over 2 seconds slower than my current best. I don't post those splits however. :P And we're all more or less intelligent simians here. :sly:

Here's my first splits for the week. Still down on power, using a gift car. Created my own tune based on Eclipsee's principles. I'll post it later.

Vagabond
1st sector vid:
Thanks for tune Chris! :) helped me get started ;)

Was hoping to see your braking point for the hairpin in the vid.... Shame you cut the video 2 seconds early for me ;) lol. 👍

A post so I'll be subscribed to this thread whilst not being able to particapate:eek:.

Here's my first splits for the week. Still down on power, using a gift car. Created my own tune based on Eclipsee's principles. I'll post it later.

Can you point me in the direction of Eclipse's tuning principles? :sly: Could do with some setting up tips.

Nice splits Mark and Chris and Viper and Con Rollins just to mention a few.👍

Still trying and striving and stuff myself. I have had some progress on the tune front but not one I would dare post because its not...not fast enough thru T2 lets put it that way and everyone wants to be fast thru T2 right?:)

Back