GTP_WRS-Online : Special V - Triple Mix Part Deux - August 2nd @ 21:00 GMT

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 177 comments
I've got most of the signed-up people on my friends list, I just sent FR's to these people:

@crowhop, @GTP_Dutchy, @OpticZero, @Ayhancan1998 (POLISET), @Mike458 (pp-123), @Iceman220 (Ruzinvincible)

Please try to accept them before I create Room A tomorrow (1hr before start time).

@otxjto (Joe) has offered to help us out and host room B so he is also sending out FR's tonight.

We will announce the room splits about 1.5 to 2hrs prior to race start.

I have cancelled my registration, will not have time to run this tomorrow.

Thanks to Paul for the great event, and good luck to everyone running. 👍

Me too..cancelled my registration. Hoped rig might arrive to day..didn't happen

:banghead::banghead::banghead::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad:

But...it will be here Monday...just before I go into withdrawal extremis. :gtpflag:

waiting for my registration confirmation. If I get it. I'm in. really like this format and car selection. First race with this group, let me apologize in advance, lol.

Question: Since we are pretty much racing against the clock should I let someone pass when I see I'm holding them up?
It is very hard to make a clean pass here.

Question: Since we are pretty much racing against the clock should I let someone pass when I see I'm holding them up?

The only time I would let someone pass without a fight is if they are lapping me, I make a mistake and holding onto my position might cause a wreck, or they are on my team (obviously not the case here).

Otherwise I would make a car behind me put in as much effort into the pass as I could possibly make them produce, no matter if they are faster or not. It is one thing to catch the car in front; it is entirely different to make a clean pass.

The only time I would let someone pass without a fight is if they are lapping me, I make a mistake and holding onto my position might cause a wreck, or they are on my team (obviously not the case here).

Otherwise I would make a car behind me put in as much effort into the pass as I could possibly make them produce, no matter if they are faster or not. It is one thing to catch the car in front; it is entirely different to make a clean pass.

I'm of the opinion that this might not be the best. A long battle for position, if the car behind you is clearly faster, could cost both cars time, allowing the rest of the pack to catch up due to defensive and agressive lines being taken. Seen many of a spin take place like this.
If I know the driver behind me is more than 2 or three tenths a lap faster than me, even if I will not just give up my position, I won't try to hold them behind for too long...
But of course that is just me...

Do I need to submit a color/number combo? That is if my registration gets through in time.

I'm of the opinion that this might not be the best. A long battle for position, if the car behind you is clearly faster, could cost both cars time, allowing the rest of the pack to catch up due to defensive and agressive lines being taken. Seen many of a spin take place like this.
If I know the driver behind me is more than 2 or three tenths a lap faster than me, even if I will not just give up my position, I won't try to hold them behind for too long...
But of course that is just me...

And in the end you will gain about a second because you can keep up in the wind shadow for some laps, if the time difference is just a few tenths...

I'm average driver, D1 guys should have no problem passing me. But I can imagine driving the Lexus and D2 or D3 guy catches up to me in the Impreza.
If I manage to hold him up I can benefit in the end when the three times get combined because I hurt his chance to run some fast laps.

In the end its your choice is it going to benefit you to let them past easy or is it better to put up a clean fight, its the driver behind who has to make the pass cleanly no matter how quick they are.

The only time you are asked to let a car past easy is with a blue flag situation (being lapped).

Are the lobby splits based on divisions?
Or random?

By divisions :)

Please try to accept the Friend Requests before I create Room A tomorrow (1hr before start time).

@otxjto (Joe) has offered to help us out and host room B so he is also sending out FR's tonight. GTP_otxjto

We will announce the room splits about 1.5 to 2hrs prior to race start.

Opened a public room for some practice. :)

1472-4711-0167-3381-8502

Room blew up. 🤬

Actually, looks like I was the only one who dropped out. Room is still up 👍

Last edited:
Confirmed. I'm in.

Since I've not really practiced this for more than 10 laps per car...will we have to pit?

Switched my status from "maybe" to "yes". I found the time and an empty house for a few hours today!!! :D

Getting a "Room is full" message. Restarted the PS3 and also cleared the cache. Does this have something to do with a Friends Only issue?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back