GTP_WRS Week 109 : I'm a Real Daytona Fan

• Thread starter EDK
  • 138 comments
So I've finally got the car but I'm struggling with Turn 1... Not in the way that I'm braking too late, but I'm turning in too early and smashing into the inside wall :lol:

So I've finally got the car but I'm struggling with Turn 1... Not in the way that I'm braking too late, but I'm turning in too early and smashing into the inside wall :lol:
I've never had that! :lol:

If anything I'm doing the exact opposite! :lol:

That turn may be one of the most difficult to do correctly in GT6. To make things easier a front brake bias may help. Experiment by braking earlier, the most important part of that turn is to be slowed down enough to get on the gas hard at the apex, you want to be inside by the grass. Don't use the downshift to slow the car down, but gradually lower the gears as you slow down. This car is a bit skittish under hard braking, and to brake while turning makes it tougher. Once you figure it out, this turn can actually be quite fun. As you get some confidence you can be a bit more aggressive, braking a bit later and still trying to nail the apex.

That turn may be one of the most difficult to do correctly in GT6. To make things easier a front brake bias may help. Experiment by braking earlier, the most important part of that turn is to be slowed down enough to get on the gas hard at the apex, you want to be inside by the grass. Don't use the downshift to slow the car down, but gradually lower the gears as you slow down. This car is a bit skittish under hard braking, and to brake while turning makes it tougher. Once you figure it out, this turn can actually be quite fun. As you get some confidence you can be a bit more aggressive, braking a bit later and still trying to nail the apex.
Thanks for the advice 👍

I love turn 1, its simple yet evil and amazing synergy with the final sector of the previous lap, plus the bumpy turn in point makes it so hard.

I normally can't stand the 2J, but here, it's just so much fun. Great combo guys :gtpflag:

Thanks for the advice 👍

I love turn 1, its simple yet evil and amazing synergy with the final sector of the previous lap, plus the bumpy turn in point makes it so hard.

I normally can't stand the 2J, but here, it's just so much fun. Great combo guys :gtpflag:
I try to stay inside to avoid the invisible bump. I don't like my car getting airborn :lol:.

Avoided this car like the plague :nervous: but Lucifer has found me 🤬
Managed these splits on first lap after about ten restarts :banghead:

every second lap ends in the wall 'before' turn 1, travelling a bit quicker the car seems to wonder all over the place under braking.
Going to be a tough week :scared:

At least I managed one good sector. Still looking for a couple tenths.

Here's my setup.

55/50
10.41/12.87
1/1
5/5
3/3
0.0/0.0
0.05/-0.10
6/4

Set to speed to 224mph

Leave final at 4.100

Diff 8/20/10

Unfortunately I won't be able to run again until the weekend, which also looks like it might be short on time. Hopefully I can get those tenths.

Question,

In Turn 2 is outside of the white line track or out of bounds? Its the same track on the outside of it.

Thank you

Question,

In Turn 2 is outside of the white line track or out of bounds? Its the same track on the outside of it.

Thank you

I doubt it, it is a white line after all.

I’ve been wondering that myself. It looks like "normal" tarmac and the Race Specifics said that all tarmac is legal track. So I think it is o.k. to cross that white line.

Question,

Thank you
It's legal. We've had some other weeks here that specified remaining inside the line, but I figured this combo was going to be tough enough, so I left you guys to it.

The main watch out area here is going to be the bus stop, as the game out of bounds rules are a bit more lenient that ours. So you cannot count on the game to void your lap when you are out of bounds there, you need to actually look at your lap.

Posted for the benefit of all members, since we are discussing boundaries.

EDK
It's legal. We've had some other weeks here that specified remaining inside the line, but I figured this combo was going to be tough enough, so I left you guys to it.

The main watch out area here is going to be the bus stop, as the game out of bounds rules are a bit more lenient that ours. So you cannot count on the game to void your lap when you are out of bounds there, you need to actually look at your lap.

I noticed this when rejoining the banked section from the bus stop. Your time won't get disallowed by the game.

It slows you down anyway. I don't need no grass.

EDK

Thank You EDK! :cheers:

Reactions: EDK
Coming into the bus stop, I don't know whether I touch the wall or not. There's a small bump which does cause my car to bottom out but I don't know whether the Sparks are coming from the wall or the floor. Is it okay if somebody can check it? I can send you a clip.

EDIT: It might be obvious, it might not be.

EDIT 2: disregard this. I went quicker with no close calls. :D

Last edited:
Newer splits, still too slow. BB 7:5

Edit: apparently this puts me third. Wat.

Last edited:
My streets of willow tune is absolutely horrible here, so starting from scratch. Splits so far:

Sorry for the double post, but I'm gonna post my splits under the assumption that the answer is that that tarmac is legal.

Split 1: 23.302
Split 2: 43.419
Split 3: 55.302

I must have had a dismal sector 4 on my first set of splits from Saturday. I shaved half a second off my time despite the splits here not improving by much

Last edited:
Back