GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
Been trying out this combo, and I'm not impressed with the car (at least not on this track).

For me, the worst thing a car can be is unpredictable, and the Racing Elise is like a dice on wheels. I find it completely impossible to drive it quickly and consistently; it could be understeering one moment, and one bump or crest later it turns into snap oversteer. Adopting a smoother style doesn't work; I tried it and lost half a second in T1 alone.

I can't remember my exact splits, but my split 3 time is a 1'02.2xx or so after about 2 hours. Even though my early splits aren't that terrible, I can't see myself persevering with this one since it's just not fun.

Been trying a few of the tunes posted, and the one from nursemorph got me these splits. Thanks to everybody who has shared their tune, it's been really helpful! And I have no idea how I managed to get identical factions of a second for my T1 and 2 times...freak occurrence I guess.

1:03.463

Got a couple of hours in ... there's more out there but not sure how much time I'll have, these may be my only splits

1'03.557

New splits, all marginally faster except T1.

T1 - 17.067
T2 - 42.784
T3 - 1'05.150

Improving times throughout the lap but rocks, tunnels and 🤬 grass banks keep getting in the way. Maybe I'd be better in a JCB than an Elise. :lol:

Nevertheless, still luvvin' it. :gtpflag:

Broke the 17 sec mark at the S1 line!! Still losing too much time on the turn just after the line!

0:0:16.784
0:0:44.334
0:1:06.784

My previous S2 was 44.300, so I'm losing what I gained, but somehow picked it up again by the S3 line where I'm down .763 from my previous run! Put the .633 that I shaved off of S1 with the gain in S3 could have been down around 1.3xx from the last run! Oh Well! More practice needed!!

Last edited:
Oh decisions, decisions.....should I stay with this TT which is currently my best so far or go with the ST@Brands? Focus ST and Brands are my two favourites but I am doing so well with the Elise!
After 3hrs I'm still 0.3 behind you at the end of T3, so yeah, go ahead and Focus on the new combo. Very nice work on this insane combo. 👍

Spent a total of 3 hours trying to beat my last splits, unsuccesfully, have called it a day on this combo.

Lap Submitted & Accepted

Lets see where I will end up this week, I doubt it will be a Top 20 Handicap.

And a final Thank You to @iainoflo85 for his tune and everybody else who posted there tunes:tup:

After 3hrs I'm still 0.3 behind you at the end of T3, so yeah, go ahead and Focus on the new combo. Very nice work on this insane combo. 👍

:lol:. Sorry about that and thanks. If you have only done 3 hours, then that might explain it given I have spent close to that most days this week. I am really torn as I do love Brands (though I prefer the long track but, hey, it's still Brands) and I see we can do some tuning of the ST but it is an understeering pig from what I read...on the other hand, I have the Elise set up perfectly for me and have yet to reach my full potential on it (not to mention that I don't have a clean sweep of the splits...I don't have green on sector 1 :().

I'm just not sure I can give up on the Elise until I have reached my goals: A 15.4 second sector 1, a sub- 1.02 sector 3 split and I need almost 6 tenths off my overall lap time to be happy

Been trying out this combo, and I'm not impressed with the car (at least not on this track).

For me, the worst thing a car can be is unpredictable, and the Racing Elise is like a dice on wheels. I find it completely impossible to drive it quickly and consistently; it could be understeering one moment, and one bump or crest later it turns into snap oversteer. Adopting a smoother style doesn't work; I tried it and lost half a second in T1 alone.

I can't remember my exact splits, but my split 3 time is a 1'02.2xx or so after about 2 hours. Even though my early splits aren't that terrible, I can't see myself persevering with this one since it's just not fun.

It's the car equivalent of a woman. We all like them, right? You can be in the exact same place as you were ten minutes ago doing the same speed and on the same line I've found. First time you'll breeze to victory! Second time you're smashed up in the corner, cowering, seething, mesmerised.

Get back on track :D

I'm gonna have another go at this in a bit. Got a bit of time at last! :)

@iainoflo85 : Yeah, you are probably right....after all, there may not be another chance for me to finish on the Divisional podium, much less have a chance of being on the top step! Plus, while it is frustrating at times, the combo is great fun and it has been my favourite TT so far (with the Week 1 S1 some way back as second favourite). Also just noticed I am the 3rd best DS3 player this week, so have another goal to aim for, though 1st is a bit too far ahead.

@gm matthew : Agreed that the car is subject to a considerably degree of snap oversteer. However, with some tuning, that becomes less of an issue. I have got my car so that, even with a DS3, it pretty much does what I want it to....though it does sometimes try to trick me. I have also found that the more time you spend with it, the more you understand it and can react to it...but then I've done almost 1000 miles with this car this week so am very comfortable with it. I guess it's a case of some cars people get on with, some don't....I didn't get on with the Camaro last week but love this car.

This I think is 'barely legal'.. but want to check before posting my new splits.. the question is..

Is this clean.. or not..?

12715510845_089ac318ec_c.jpg

@Andy 0

Where is that on the lap? I can't work it out!

1'02.016

Dunno why I'm so slow in sector three - rest of it was good, particularly the last sector where I found a lot of tenths. Proper smashed! Hard lap time to beat for me.

@Andy 0

Where is that on the lap? I can't work it out!

1'02.016

Dunno why I'm so slow in sector three - rest of it was good, particularly the last sector where I found a lot of tenths. Proper smashed! Hard lap time to beat for me.

Start of Sector 2.

The small left hander.. going down the hill.. after the sharp right at the start of sector 2.. as ininoflo85 correctly says..

Broke the 17 sec mark at the S1 line!! Still losing too much time on the turn just after the line!

0:0:16.784
0:0:44.334
0:1:06.784

My previous S2 was 44.300, so I'm losing what I gained, but somehow picked it up again by the S3 line where I'm down .763 from my previous run! Put the .633 that I shaved off of S1 with the gain in S3 could have been down around 1.3xx from the last run! Oh Well! More practice needed!!
Way to go, @BuzzDryver! :D 👍 :gtpflag:

Back