GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
This combo is great fun. Very appropriate for an anniversary. :D

First session:

1'03.500

Thanks to Kevin for getting yet another race up early enough for some great Sunday racing. Such a smooth operation you guys run. 👍

Last edited:
EDIT:
Anyone have a transmission tune to share with the clueless?
I tried Praiano's for the road version of this car, but it won't let me use 3rd gear as lowest gear without sacrificing reaching 6th gear at a reasonable point on the track.

I am posting from my phone (wife is watching olympics while also using the pc/laptop), and it won't let me edit my posts, my apologies beforehand for any double posts.

I tried Praiano's for the road version of this car, but it won't let me use 3rd gear as lowest gear without sacrificing reaching 6th gear at a reasonable point on the track.

I am posting from my phone (wife is watching olympics while also using the pc/laptop), and it won't let me edit my posts, my apologies beforehand for any double posts.

Here:

For the gearing, I set Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to minimum (full left)
Then these gear ratios:

Then Final Gear to 3.900

I was assuming because I wasn't sure, and hadn't seen a reply to my post earlier seeking clarification to this so I was being cautious. And because it is confusing when on some tracks we are supposed to stay within the white lines (not including the rumble strips), whereas other tracks we don't have that limitation (ie Rome where we could drive in the green area outside the white lines). I haven't been doing the TTs long enough to know when the white line rules apply and when they don't. And, in fairness, the sentence you quoted doesn't acknowledge the white lines (what would normally be considered the track boundary) and whether they are ignorable or not.
Let's put it differently.

You've seen a fair bit of white line rules, but it's all been at Willow Springs. The issue we have there is that the track edge outside of those white lines is not well defined.

City tracks, we almost always set them up so that the only issue is contact. They are already difficult, adding boundary rules makes them exceedingly difficult.

This week is actually more like our standard rule set. MOST weeks will allow for ALL Tarmac, and Rumble Strips. This week, the watchout is the concrete behind the rumbles in the final turn. And the concrete behind the rumbles in the first tunnel. Both are OB.

Thank you - my stupid phone wouldn't show me all of your 1st page post :(, sorry for inconveniencing you and the Forum.
I just love you guys, you are GREAT 👍

I love my new gearbox, so much so that I improved at the line by a second :D

1'07.610

Last edited:
Thank you - my stupid phone wouldn't show me all of your 1st page post :(, sorry for inconveniencing you and the Forum.
I just love you guys, you are GREAT 👍

Yeah Quotes are now like images - you need to click on them to expand to see the full text.

EDK
Why would you assume such things, when we make the boundaries clear in the OP?

Tarmac and Rumble Strips are Track. No Other Surfaces Are Track

Please don't triple post. I've merged your posts together. If another member does not post before you want to add something, just use the edit feature.

Multiquote is a snap on the new forums. Simply press "Reply" on every post you want to quote, and that text is added to the reply box.

Need to update your splits? Simply use the Strikethough feature, and add your new splits.

Sorry.. & thanks for the 'Heads up'.. never knew you could do that..
I'm sure that 'Fetchy'.. won't read edited posts.. has this now change..?

@EDK , @iainoflo85 : Thank you both for explaining things further for me. I guess it's being new to the WRC TT's that means I am still learning things but it will help for future events...not to mention this event!

As to being faster, I have improved quite considerably since my last splits: a massive 2.3 seconds at the S3 split! Still running the car stock until I am thoroughly familiar with it before I try tuning it (well, using other people's tuning tips...I'm useless at tuning lol). Can see a lot of time to be made up. Am enjoying this combo much better than the last few weeks:

S1: 16.979
S2: 43.379
S3: 1.05.429

100/90
10.00/8.94
5/4
8/8
3/4
1.0/1.9
0.00/0.05
b/b 6/2

Gears
Final 3.900
Diff 5/20/20
Downforce 200/450

Tune looks a little freaky, but that's what it took to make it comfy.

1'02.517

More time in every sector, but it took me most of the morning to get the car to feel comfortable.

@nursemorph You'll see more time once you tune it.

@Cats_PJs I can't seem to get your gears right - is there a method that you used that you haven't mentioned?

Also it's very wild on the bumps, and some understeer in Sector 1 before the tunnel. Though if I could have your gearing just right, I'd use it with my own tune.

Hmm, I thought it was pretty smooth on the bumps. I don't use the curbs on the chicane before the sfl. The understeer is fairly minor in t1 as long as you turn early for the first three corners, after that I think it fits the track pretty well, but it's definitely not perfect. I can take all the corners before the tunnel wide open, sometimes a slight lift in before the downhill left.

As far as the gears, I used the same technique that you did. I had adjusted the gears some before setting these though, so maybe that changed the ratios available. Also, I have one inch oversized wheels.

First splits:

1'03.441

:cheers:

Really enjoying this one! Just run it stock so far Will try to tune it myself. Not sure how that will go so il probably have to steal somone elses!

:cheers:

Hmm, I thought it was pretty smooth on the bumps. I don't use the curbs on the chicane before the sfl. The understeer is fairly minor in t1 as long as you turn early for the first three corners, after that I think it fits the track pretty well, but it's definitely not perfect. I can take all the corners before the tunnel wide open, sometimes a slight lift in before the downhill left.

As far as the gears, I used the same technique that you did. I had adjusted the gears some before setting these though, so maybe that changed the ratios available. Also, I have one inch oversized wheels.

Great thanks, I've got the gears set like yours now, thanks.

The bumps I was referring to were in T1. Rest of the lap felt smooth, I agree though. If I can find a happy medium with your tune and mine I think I can improve. Your gearing alone felt a lot better than mine, so I've added that to my tune and I'll see how I do.

loving the combo
1:01.738
Hmm, that's pretty damn fast for a D2 driver, faster than a D1 Gold. Sure you are using the right settings?

Here are mine, seems I have some catching up to do.

1:03.216

Here's my tune -

EDK Tune
RH 68/68
Springs 10/16
Dampers 5's around
ARB 6/7
Camber 1.5/0.7
Toe 0.0/-0.08
BB 4/2

Trans
Final Far Right, Top Speed Far Left, then set -

Final = 4300

LSD 10/46/20

Aero = Max

My first real tuning effort on GT6. This car responds well to tuning. It only takes very small adjustments to bring it from nervous/twitchy to undriveable.

I've focused on balancing to lift off transition, while allowing the car to rotate. It seems my approach is different from many tunes here. I'm working to only brush the rumbles, if you hit them hard, you are done.

Let me know what you guys think. 👍

Last edited:
Back