GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
I want to participate in this one, but I can't tune anything to save my life. I'm afraid of trying out these setups as they might not match my driving style. Maybe I should sit this one out and leave it to you guys.

I see you succumbed to the temptation as you have posted times....I'm not surprised as the Elise is a whole load of fun, even with stock settings. I don't want to tune the car as I love the handfulness of the car and the way it snaps back at you when it doesn't like your steering. Keep at it and just give each tuning setup a few laps and, if it doesn't work, either adjust the settings or use a new setup......keep going until you find one that suits you. I have yet to try the car in anything but stock form but I can see how much faster it can be with a tune

Changed the Anti-Roll Bars to 1 2 to stop it trying to kill me, got these splits:

1'02.134

within a few laps, and was running a T1 of .652 and a T2 of .552 on the next lap. I'm quite happy with my times so far. :dopey:

I, like other people on here don't know how to tune a car but I would like to learn for WRS. What would you say is the first thing to tune on a stock car?

Run laps until you are getting consistent times. Then change 1 setting ie. raise rear ride height by 10. Then run more laps. If faster, good. If slower, revert back. Rinse and repeat with different settings.

Try some of the tunes posted already, see what works for you

1'02.233

1:06.230

Just wanna make sure last straightaway before S turn to finsh can u go on outside white line where rubber layed down.

I, like other people on here don't know how to tune a car but I would like to learn for WRS. What would you say is the first thing to tune on a stock car?

Like you, I am clueless on tuning but don't have the patience to learn it. Having said that, I would say maybe brakes are the least likely to majorly make the car unstable. If you want some in-depth information, try this thread and click on the OP's signature links (GT5 and GT6 tuning guides):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fitt-gt6-physics-discussions-tuning-garage-links.291068/

Like you, I am clueless on tuning but don't have the patience to learn it. Having said that, I would say maybe brakes are the least likely to majorly make the car unstable. If you want some in-depth information, try this thread and click on the OP's signature links (GT5 and GT6 tuning guides):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fitt-gt6-physics-discussions-tuning-garage-links.291068/

Thanks. I had a quick look on my phone. I'll have a proper read on my laptop tomorrow night.

200 miles into this one and I've got a target set. Got into the .5's last night and looking for a 1,01.6xx for a t3 split and I'll be at my goal, if I can take t4 the way I've been taking it.

I've tried all the tunes and @iainoflo85's with Barons gears and a few ds3 tweaks. You can carry a lot more speed in the t1 tunnel than you think 👍

Question: Yes, this has been discussed before, however I am still not sure I have understood correctly - in a corner, if two wheels are on the tarmac or rumble, the run is legal regardless of where the other two wheels are?

Example: the short chicane right before the finish on Trial Mountain and the first two corners of sector 1 on Trial Mountain.

Have started to try some tunes and work out what is best for my driving style. So far, I have tried @iainoflo85 and @doodlemonoply . Set my best time with Iain's but doodle's felt a bit more stable under braking and cornering...will try it again with LSD adjustments as it is too sensitive for my liking and I am spinning the wheels too much (combination of DS3 and my natural tendencies to floor it lol). Anyway, have cut 1.4 seconds off my S3 split already and 1.8 at the line so happy with my progress....got plenty more time left on track. If I can get into the low 3's/high 2's for my S3 split, then I will be happy:

S1: 16.317
S2: 42.000
S3: 1.04.050

Question: Yes, this has been discussed before, however I am still not sure I have understood correctly - in a corner, if two wheels are on the tarmac or rumble, the run is legal regardless of where the other two wheels are?

Example: the short chicane right before the finish on Trial Mountain and the first two corners of sector 1 on Trial Mountain.

Yes, you are correct. As long as at least 2 wheels are in contact with the rumble strip on those corners. The rumble strip is an extension of the tarmac.

New splits after few adjustments to my tune thou should have been quicker in T3 as topped out 100 meters before breaking point on back straight

T1 15.728
T2 41.078
T3 1:02.528

Have started to try some tunes and work out what is best for my driving style. So far, I have tried @iainoflo85 and @doodlemonoply .
Yes, you are correct. As long as at least 2 wheels are in contact with the rumble strip on those corners. The rumble strip is an extension of the tarmac.

My friends, I'm not sure but have been in my mind that if you only contact with the rumble strip be sure not to contact only with the out half side of it.

My friends, I'm not sure but have been in my mind that if you only contact with the rumble strip be sure not to contact only with the out half side of it.

It doesn't matter as long as you have 2 wheels in contact with the red and white rumble strip AT ALL TIMES, you're good. (wether it's an inch or half a strip). But be sure, otherwise consider it dirty.

Back