GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
I'm slower than James May, so take this soft tune that has a slight off-throttle oversteer issue, based on Kevin's (@EDK) tune on page 4 for what it's worth:
RH 72/72
Springs 7.25/12.75
Compression 2/2
Extension 3/3
Roll bars 4/5
Camber 0/0
Toe 0/-0.08
Brakes 3/3 (ABS 0 has a nasty habit of locking up the fronts early)
Kevin's transmission (2.939/2.411/1.968/1.603/1.322/1.127/4.300)
Not quite Kevin's LSD settings (10/46/2024)
Max aero (same as Kevin)
It still bounces around a bit, but I managed to not be at the very bottom by T3 after a slow-as-molasses T1:

1'06.567

Edit - changed LSD settings

Last edited:
Having a bit of trouble setting the gears up as per the tunes people have posted?? Ive set the speed and the final gear but i cant set the gears. Am i missing something?
:dunce:
It's the transmission trick. The most-common method is to set the final ratio to its maximum, set the auto-speed to its minimum, set the individual gears as listed, then set the final ratio as listed.

👍👍
It's the transmission trick. The most-common method is to set the final ratio to its maximum, set the auto-speed to its minimum, set the individual gears as listed, then set the final ratio as listed.
Ahh ok thanks will give that a go!

Guess I was at the bottom at T3 after all. Oh well, new splits:

1'04.969

Changed the braking sensitivity on the LSD to 24, seems to have helped a bit with lift-throttle oversteer.

Only issues I'm now having are the bump on exit of first tunnel and staying off the wall on entrance to the tunnel on back straight .

That's annoying as 🤬.

But I've managed to improve by .129 - Matte Pink is faster than Fluo Blue for me :D:

1'02.750

I've seen a lot of 15.8's in T1 but at least this one is faster than the one I have from before.

Oh, and I used my tune for this - using Baron's gearing (I think) and 5-4 brakes.

Improved splits:

1'02.516

Came up with my own tune which i guess is similar to doodles but a bit "softer" just seems to suit me better. Tried some of the stiffer set ups posted but couldnt seem to get anywhere near this with them. Also just left the stock transmision which seemed to work best for me! Hopefully will improve this slightly as had a little slide / oversteer correction on the exit to the second turn so should manage a 15.xxx t1.

Congrats to the WRS on Eleven years..!! My hat is off to the Moderators and to all of the members who have kept this moving forward. I have only been involved for such a short time in comparison, but I do have to say, everyone who I have interacted with has made me feel like I have been around for the whole decade (+1). I am honored to post a time this week and although I feel like at this point I may be near the bottom, I am glad to belong. Rock and Roll WRS...Shine on!

I have a doubt:
My understanding says that yellow stripes on tarmac ARE NOT part of track. Am I right? On career races, of coarse I put 4 wheels on it ;)
What is the rule on WRS TT?

Well not going great but I like plugging away at this one much better than last week. Look at some tunes to possibly give me few tenths (more like seconds).

1:03.675

Oh and for future reference here's how not to take the first turn in S2...
Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg

My modified CSR-E wheel arrived today! :censored:ing finally!

I did some prelim runs and it's perfect thus far, I have an intake fan pulling in room temp into the wheelbase to keep the motors cool, so it's kinda loud but turning up the tv volume helps make it background noise 👍. I'm just out of touch a little being away for a couple months :lol: But I think this weekend I'll be able to submit my qualifier. I hate to miss this weeks combo but I never touched the Willow combo before my wheel busted.

See you guys on the other side soon!

Jerome

I'm away from my rig all week, BUT I'm at a friend's house who has my old DFPro. What a blast from the past :)

I did a long session tonight to get back into the feel of the DFP (is it EVER different :lol:). A few tenths off but getting there!

Let's see what we can get down to over the week 👍

Some new splits, and a more refined tune, less nervous now. It's amazing how much difference the softer ARB makes over the mid-corner bumps. The RH also makes a difference, anD I went with a bit of rear raise, to stabilize the car. The lower final gear gives the car a bit more grunt in 6th on the climb up the hill. Rear Spring and LSD were only results of tinkering.

1:03.050

EDK Tune
RH 70/72
Springs 10/15
Dampers 5's around
ARB 4/3
Camber 1.5/0.7
Toe 0.0/-0.08
BB 4/2

Trans
Final Far Right, Top Speed Far Left, then set -

Final = 4350