GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
Am I the only one having problems spinning out on the right turn directly before T3?
This happened to me just now. I used 1 gear too high, if I stick to the previous gear I use up the width of the corner and the car is in balance. Because 1 downshift is just right.

Really starting to get into this combo...not felt this into it since Week 1 and can finally drive again with 0 TCS lol. I am finding it hard-ish to dial the car in being a non-tuner.

Started yesterday with @iainoflo85 tune which worked well, found @doodlemonoply tune made the car a bit too likely to spin the wheels, then tried @Vagabond which was pretty good but didn't turn in quick enough for me. Went back to doodle's as it seemed to corner best, adjusted the LSD and got quicker but not enough to beat my previous best. Decided to experiment with settings with no real clue as to what I was doing and, amazingly, managed to adjust the suspension settings and made me quicker :eek:

Thanks to the new settings, I have improved my S3 split by 9 tenths, set 4 PB's in the last sector, inproved my overall time by 1.2 seconds and even got a 15.9 1st sector (only to hit the rocks on the next corner). I can post the settings changes tomorrow if anyone wants (too fiddly to do on my tablet). Anyway, enough for today..don't want to get too carried away lol:

S1: 16.450
S2: 41.733
S3: 1.03.383

Currently, I can improve my S3 split by at least 5 tenths thanks to the slow s1 so getting a high 2 is doable

New lap, point two improvement on the lap today I threw away not realizing it was probably my fastest clean lap yet.

16.517 (this sector is, well, mental)
1'05.183

This track and this car is driving me insane :crazy:. No matter what tune I use, it refuses to deliver any kind of consistency. I just don't get WHY I lose traction twice in sector 1 - in that crazy corner combo between the start and the first tunnel.

The car either JUMPS and flies off track or SWIVELS and slides off track.

It doesn't matter if I brake or simply ease off the throttle or just coast.

It drives me crazy not knowing what's wrong and how I can rectify it.
:mad: :confused: :(

Haven't changed the tune, and almost tossed the lap by locking it up headed into the turn before T3, but new splits anyway:

1'04.734

Too bad I'm not into golf - FORE! FOUR! :lol:

Ok guys here's my setup there's at least a 0.4 faster than what I've got with it at the moment with abs 1

R/H. 118/120
SR. 6.01/10.22
DC. 1/1
DE. 1/2
ARB. 2/3
Cam. 0.0/0.0
Toe. -0.08/0,01
Brakes. 7/5

Aero 195/485
Weight balance 0 at -50% (don't know why it works but it does)

Gear box
Final to 6.000 max speed to 112mph

1st 2.940
2nd 2.178
3rd 1.790
4th 1.461
5th 1.179
6th 0.940

Final 5.025

LSD 12/55/18

That makes me think, what are the rules on ballast, given that it says stock weight? I was considering trying it earlier, but didn't want to invalidate a lap. Yes, I am already that desperate to consistently achieve my best sectors. :dopey:

That makes me think, what are the rules on ballast, given that it says stock weight? I was considering trying it earlier, but didn't want to invalidate a lap. Yes, I am already that desperate to consistently achieve my best sectors. :dopey:

I was using the car for A spec mode and I had the car in a 49/51 weight balance so I just removed all the ballast to make it stock but forgot to zero weight position.
I then copied my setup do I could make adjustments without losing my tune but this time the ballast position was 0 and the car handled like a brick.
I can only assume it's a bug like the camber is at 0.0

I borrowed Kevin's new transmission and LSD acceleration settings and improved just a bit.

1'04.866

That run is notable for two things - me getting the Autobarny trophy (which also gave me platinum), and this flight of fancy on the lap noted above...

Air Elise.jpg

Yes, that's three tires off the ground in the second right-hander. Through the camera viewfinder, it looks like the left rear is also airborne, but the outer half is still in contact with the tarmac upon further review.

I borrowed Kevin's new transmission and LSD acceleration settings and improved just a bit.

1'04.866

That run is notable for two things - me getting the Autobarny trophy (which also gave me platinum), and this flight of fancy on the lap noted above...

View attachment 117028

Yes, that's three tires off the ground in the second right-hander. Through the camera viewfinder, it looks like the left rear is also airborne, but the outer half is still in contact with the tarmac upon further review.

That doesn't matter. You can have all four wheels off the ground, it's just that two of the wheels have to be above legal track. You need to fly there to be fast :).

@Eggstor In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.

It's hard to keep it from getting air in that sector.

That doesn't matter. You can have all four wheels off the ground, it's just that two of the wheels have to be above legal track. You need to fly there to be fast :).

It's hard to keep it from getting air in that sector.
If I drove with music, I'd have Iron Maiden's "Flight of Icarus" playing at that point.

Another improvement - and a first for T1 a 15.7!! It felt like a rare bird that I'd never think I would see:

1'02.550

This got me just over a tenth at the line too (.136), though my final sector on this lap was not so great. My ghost nearly got by at the line.

I was using the car for A spec mode and I had the car in a 49/51 weight balance so I just removed all the ballast to make it stock but forgot to zero weight position.
I then copied my setup do I could make adjustments without losing my tune but this time the ballast position was 0 and the car handled like a brick.
I can only assume it's a bug like the camber is at 0.0
I was never sure if it was intentional, a programming error, or psychological, but I always felt like it did that in GT5. Not sure why this is all bold. :lol:

Well, the DFPro is proving to be a lot to tame :) Improved 4 tenths over the time on my home rig, but still a lot to find!

1'02.637

Just saw my first 15.9xx on S1 which is about .4xx faster than I have been able to run on any other lap, of course I was pretty excited and put the car straight into the wall. Do you think I can replicate that again, hell no! Well not in the last 10 laps anyway.

Using Doodles gears and Suspension but with slightly modified toe
and am still playing with the LSD to find the best feel for the DS3

Back