GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
1'03.500

I've seen a low 15.8xx in T1, but cant seem match pace in T2...Yet. I'll take another break for now and come back tomorrow, I think.

So, first 2 hours of sweating and my humble splits:

1'02.483

Seen a couple .6xx T1's, and some high 40's on T2, but T3 still needs a lot of work. I had really hard time pushing that one below 1.03, so there's obviously still a lot to learn on that sector.

Also I've been experimenting with the tunes posted in this thread and @doodlemonoply 's seems to be the best one for me. Thanks for sharing it. 👍

I was trying the Trial Mountain TT with the Lotus Elise 111 Race Car (not very well, mind you!), and since I'm fairly new to this, I'm asking for some clarification as to what is clean and what is dirty. In the trial rules it mentions that asphalt, tarmac, rumble strips etc are considered part of the track. Does this refer to the outside wheels remaining on the track at all times or just the inside wheels?? Does having one of the inside wheels go to the outside of the white border line make the lap dirty?

Here is a photo where I'm rounding a bend (almost lost it) but recovered and kept the car under control. I ended up with the RF tire on the grass. Does that make the lap dirty?
Lotus Elise 111 Race Car TM TT.jpg

I was trying the Trial Mountain TT with the Lotus Elise 111 Race Car (not very well, mind you!), and since I'm fairly new to this, I'm asking for some clarification as to what is clean and what is dirty.
That picture is clean by a mile - you can run in right to the edge of the red and white rumble strip. 👍

I was trying the Trial Mountain TT with the Lotus Elise 111 Race Car (not very well, mind you!), and since I'm fairly new to this, I'm asking for some clarification as to what is clean and what is dirty. In the trial rules it mentions that asphalt, tarmac, rumble strips etc are considered part of the track. Does this refer to the outside wheels remaining on the track at all times or just the inside wheels?? Does having one of the inside wheels go to the outside of the white border line make the lap dirty?

Here is a photo where I'm rounding a bend (almost lost it) but recovered and kept the car under control. I ended up with the RF tire on the grass. Does that make the lap dirty?View attachment 117257

yes that is clean.. you could have the two left wheels.. (as we look at it).. on the grass.. with both right hand wheels on the 'rumble strip'.. as I understand it..

Enjoying this combo.. but not getting much faster.. how you guy's are getting such great times.. is beyond me..

1'03.750

Enjoying this combo.. but not getting much faster.. how you guy's are getting such great times.. is beyond me..

Try the setup I posted earlier as it has worked well for me as a DS3 user, it allows you to brake quite late and get on the power early. Also rides the bumps well. I use steering sensitivity 7 which gives very good control and it allows you to correct the car quicker.

[/quote]
yes that is clean.. you could have the two left wheels.. (as we look at it).. on the grass.. with both right hand wheels on the 'rumble strip'.. as I understand it..

1'03.750

Thanks for the input guys!! I still have a long way to go to get the times down! from the best lap so far which lags far behind most I've managed:

0:19.384
0:48.367
1:12.217

Try the setup I posted earlier as it has worked well for me as a DS3 user, it allows you to brake quite late and get on the power early. Also rides the bumps well. I use steering sensitivity 7 which gives very good control and it allows you to correct the car quicker.

Thanks for that.. yes the car is stabler in T1.. & through the chicane.. two areas I was having some difficulty.. keeping the car stable.. saw faster T1, T2, & T3 times.. but only .1xx up at line.. but every little tick counts.. :) will try this again tomorrow..

Here is a photo where I'm rounding a bend (almost lost it) but recovered and kept the car under control. I ended up with the RF tire on the grass. Does that make the lap dirty?View attachment 117257
No. That is a clean run.
And finally a better lap... With hopfully better splits too.

1'05.934

Last edited:
A bit late to the party, but in case someone is still struggling to find a good line through T1, here's my attempt of making a sector 1 vid for this WRS. It's a 15.608, so it's a decent time.

Sorry for the quality and odd(ish) colors, my Samsung Galaxy S2 is still the best recording device I have. Hopefully it's useful for some of you!

E: Also forgot to record it on HD quality, no wonder it's a bit grainy.

Fetchy's not fetching.........
The lack of a blank line between the splits and the commentary might have confused it.

@Deton, I wish I could match either the start speed or the speed in the left-hander before the tunnel, but I scrub way too much speed off.

A bit late to the party, but in case someone is still struggling to find a good line through T1, here's my attempt of making a sector 1 vid for this WRS. It's a 15.608, so it's a decent time.

Sorry for the quality and odd(ish) colors, my Samsung Galaxy S2 is still the best recording device I have. Hopefully it's useful for some of you!

E: Also forgot to record it on HD quality, no wonder it's a bit grainy.
I love it! Tank you :D 👍

The lack of a blank line between the splits and the commentary might have confused it.

@Deton, I wish I could match either the start speed or the speed in the left-hander before the tunnel, but I scrub way too much speed off.

The replay is from a couple consecutive laps run (without restart), so there's probably a bit more speed on the straight than what you see on a freshly restarted lap (because of the slower acceleration in the beginning).

Okay; what's going on with Fetchy's war on GDS? I'm not seeing any reason why it's not picking up his times.

The replay is from a couple consecutive laps run (without restart), so there's probably a bit more speed on the straight than what you see on a freshly restarted lap (because of the slower acceleration in the beginning).
I'm consistently getting only 130-131 mph at the line, but that's the least of my problems. I'm really losing time in that left-hander before the first tunnel. I can't get the car to stick at anything approaching the speed you're carrying in that turn; I'm a good 15 mph slower in the tunnel just to keep from chroming up the tunnel wall.

Back