GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
Totally lost track of time, so I'll try this tomorrow.

Jerome

A slight improvement on laptime - slight step back on the LB but a .6 in T1!!:

1'02.441

A total of .087 at the line woohoo!

Just means there's still some time for me to find but its getting really difficult now.

This was with 4-4 brakes which are taken from Chris's tune - I've been messing about with BB all morning and found that 6-6 was too strong, but 4-4 although the same bias was much better and it got me another improvement.

Previous splits were with 6-5, 5-4 and 7-5, but 4-4 seems the best with my tune which is what I've been using for these times. All the others just don't sit right with me, they can be fast in some parts, but not in others.

I'm using WillRacer's tune now, which is pretty close to stock, and it's working OK for me. I'm amazed and confused at how Y'all in the 1'01 club are achieving your times. :crazy:

I love this track and this car, and though I'm finding it difficult to improve, I'm having a blast driving this combo. 👍

1'02.550

This track and this car is driving me insane :crazy:. No matter what tune I use, it refuses to deliver any kind of consistency. I just don't get WHY I lose traction twice in sector 1 - in that crazy corner combo between the start and the first tunnel.

The car either JUMPS and flies off track or SWIVELS and slides off track.

It doesn't matter if I brake or simply ease off the throttle or just coast.

It drives me crazy not knowing what's wrong and how I can rectify it.
:mad: :confused: :(

Because non of the faster than me racers answer your question I will :D
From the start/finish to the first tunnel it's a flat out zone. With full downforce, the quicker you go the more stable the car is, so if you brake or ease off it will lose speed and grip. I hit the start/finish with around 217km/h, full throttle until I brake for the first tunnel, 4th gear, 130km/h mid corner speed (minimum speed). And with all that i still am 0.300 slower at the first split. There is probably a faster line through the first corners or, what I think, it's that is all in settings.
Test until you find the turning points that allow you to go flat out.
I am using @WillRacer31 settings and please, if you do any improvements on these settings post them here.:bowdown:

thank you!

Last edited:
Because non of the faster than me racers answer your question I will :D
From the start/finish to the first tunnel it's a flat out zone. With full downforce, the quicker you go the more stable the car is, so if you brake or ease off it will lose speed and grip. I hit the start/finish with around 215km/h, full throttle until I brake for the first tunnel, 4th gear, 130km/h mid corner speed (minimum speed). And with all that i still am 0.300 slower at the first split. There is probably a faster line through the first corners or, what I think, it's that is all in settings.
Test until you find the turning points that allow you to go flat out.
I am using @WillRacer31 settings and please, if you do any improvements on these settings post them here.:bowdown:

thank you!
thanks 👍
i will and now i go taming that elise

thanks 👍
i will and now i go taming that elise
It's not about how fast you take it,
It the line you take the more steering input you use at that speed especially with the bumps and kerbs in that section will unsettle a car that's so light.

Try get a wide a entrance as possible off the start finish straight to take it as both corners as close to a straight line as you can if you manage that it will give you a perfect angle to enter a left corner leading to the first tunnel.

I'm using WillRacer's tune now, which is pretty close to stock, and it's working OK for me. I'm amazed and confused at how Y'all in the 1'01 club are achieving your times. :crazy:

I love this track and this car, and though I'm finding it difficult to improve, I'm having a blast driving this combo. 👍

As for the 1:01 club it's all about entry speed to the tunnel on the back straight with such a low top speed it's vital to take as much speed as possible on to it any time lost on the entry will cost you 0.2 by the hair pin

It's not about how fast you take it,
It the line you take the more steering input you use at that speed especially with the bumps and kerbs in that section will unsettle a car that's so light.

Try get a wide a entrance as possible off the start finish straight to take it as both corners as close to a straight line as you can if you manage that it will give you a perfect angle to enter a left corner leading to the first tunnel.
Thank you 👍 - true about speed, however I do appreciate @Turok134 giving me speeds markers as well as methodology for that sector, as I am clueless. I also appreciate your pointers about line. Much of my problem, I now see is BOTH speed and line. When I slow down I lose the line.

Last edited:
Really, really struggling here. Perhaps it's my setup. I feel like I'm pushing like hell, but my splits don't do that justice.

1'04.100

Don't really understand why I'm so slow. The car couldn't be upgraded right? Just an oil change. No engine upgrades or anything?

Think I have my settings to a place I am comfortable with, now to nail the ideal line, losing valuable time on S2 and the final corner of S3
1'03.917

That is it until tomorrow

Really, really struggling here. Perhaps it's my setup. I feel like I'm pushing like hell, but my splits don't do that justice.

1'04.100

Don't really understand why I'm so slow. The car couldn't be upgraded right? Just an oil change. No engine upgrades or anything?

You can only add the LSD.

The combo is a strange one for me too. It is a car that has to be driven with a bit of aggression, but not too much... I've found that it wants very smooth inputs like the BMW, and it likes to be driven in a small amount if understeer (especially on turn in), but you have to have it slowed to a speed it can still rotate in the center without starting to take the tires into the yellow zone. Then let it understeer through the exit on power.

If you are familiar with bias ply race tires, the race hards feel like them. They love slip angle and don't bite you for using a lot of slip angle. The difficulty comes in knowing how much is too much to get the most out of them.

If I drove with music, I'd have Iron Maiden's "Flight of Icarus" playing at that point.

I know I'm drifting off topic here but hell I haven't listened "Piece of Mind" since I was 16!!! The original LP (yes I'm that old) had a picture of the band members around a castle table having human brains served for dinner!!! Ah the 80' heavy metal...The memories, my dad screaming "turn that noise down!!!" memory lane cruising...

I forgot to save the last replay :dunce:. Oh well; I have a faster time this time around.

1'04.433

My back and right knee say I'm at my limit for now.

Session 3 and still loves this ride. 👍

1'03.016

Still with default settings. :dopey:

Leaving a couple of hundreds at T1 and a couple more in the last turn before T3, so might give it one last go. :D

Last edited:
Wow..this is definitely a car that you just keep on wanting to come back to and it just keeps on giving. Ran nearly 40 laps this afternoon trying out different settings and, somehow, I have managed to find a setup which is a lot quicker than yesterday. Have managed to find 0.8 seconds at S3 split, 0.5 on my overall lap time and set PB's in all 4 sectors.

Am still struggling with the first sector and running flat out....some laps I can do it, others I just can't get far enough across to cut back for the last corner of that complex. However, despite my issues with it, I have managed 15.8 twice and on my fastest lap I had to lift a fair bit. Still trying to really nail the major braking zones so there is definitely more time to come...I feel a low 2s for the S3 split is now achievable which is good...but not sure how to do it tuning wise as I have no clue how to do it and, so far, have just fiddled with settings and lucked in! Anyway, here's my splits:

S1: 15.902
S2: 40.985
S3: 1.02.535

Here are the settings I have been using which have given me the good results. Credit to @doodlemonoply as it's his tune I used as a base and @iainoflo85 for the LSD settings. I've basically just tinkered with the suspension settings and adjusted the LSD, mainly to compensate for using a DS3 and x/o buttons...have kept doodle's gearing (though couldn't get it exactly on 1st and 2nd for some reason) as I use auto and it seems fine to me. Hope it helps someone:

Suspension:

RH: 105/110
SR: 6.20/10.65
D(C): 3/4
D(E): 3/4
ARB: 5/5
Camber: 0/0
TOE: -0.20/-0.10
Brakes: 8/5
LSD: 8/20/16
Full Aero

Back