GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
EDK
Some new splits, and a more refined tune, less nervous now. It's amazing how much difference the softer ARB makes over the mid-corner bumps. The RH also makes a difference, anD I went with a bit of rear raise, to stabilize the car. The lower final gear gives the car a bit more grunt in 6th on the climb up the hill. Rear Spring and LSD were only results of tinkering.

1:03.050

Drop the camber completely to 0.0 / 0.0 and try to balance the car using toe and LSD. There's a camber bug that causes the car to lose grip and cost time when camber is applied.

1'02.085

Last edited:
I'm not going to be able to give this week a great deal of attention which is unfortunate because my 30 minute session just now was seriously fun!

1'03.519

I've submitted my lap and had it accepted just in case the week gets away from me but I *hope* to get some more time on this 👍

Quick question though, the concrete that occurs at various points around the track:

59ui.jpg

I'm confident I'm currently clean, but how far can I venture over onto that concrete?!? Is it considered an extension of the rumble?

I'm not going to be able to give this week a great deal of attention which is unfortunate because my 30 minute session just now was seriously fun!

1'03.519

I've submitted my lap and had it accepted just in case the week gets away from me but I *hope* to get some more time on this 👍

Quick question though, the concrete that occurs at various points around the track:

59ui.jpg

I'm confident I'm currently clean, but how far can I venture over onto that concrete?!? Is it considered an extension of the rumble?

Yes you are currently clean. If I'm interpreting the language in the OP correctly, you cannot treat that piece of concrete as a rumble strip. Only tarmac and rumble strip are considered track, all else isn't.

Second session and only a marginal improvement:

1'03.250

I can't tune so driven on default settings. Luckily the Lotus handles great and is huge fun to drive, so I don't believe it makes much difference this particular week. When I try to tune I often experience that fiddling with some settings might make me faster, but when I revert the same settings it also makes me faster. :crazy:

It kind of reminds of the kind of experiments, where you adjust the light or temperature on peoples workplace and see their efficiency goes up. And when you make the opposite adjustments you also see a similar increase in efficiency. And the conclusion often is than it's the focus/attention related to the experiment, that is the important factor. ;)

I better clarify that I do believe that tuning can make a huge difference on some cars, tracks or combos, but on other the derivative improvements is of a more psychological character. :dopey:

That is a very philosophical viewpoint @NielsG. Looking at your 15.8 I am glad you are not tuning this week :D
I am a believer that a very smooth and correct racing line is worth more to me than the benefits of MT. I can't do both.
Whenever I try MT I get all confused and it sounds like someone kicking the granny out of bagpipes :eek:

quick blast this morning;

stock
0 abs

1'04.493

Not sure if I hate the car or its just the tyres, far too much grip, feels like an arcade game,
I know this track is fast and requires very little braking but it really is a case of plant the accelerator and hang on.. I can see the top times are going to be insane fast.

The concrete is not track. Mainly becasue it often shows up behind rumbles, which would allow for a wider track in places.

That is a very philosophical viewpoint @NielsG. Looking at your 15.8 I am glad you are not tuning this week :D
I am a believer that a very smooth and correct racing line is worth more to me than the benefits of MT. I can't do both.
Whenever I try MT I get all confused and it sounds like someone kicking the granny out of bagpipes :eek:

Well, if you're driving with the DS3 it might be easier to adjust the car to your driving style than adjusting your driving to the car. ;) At least I'm personally not skilled enough to make any subtle adjustments with the stick. :dopey:

Saw a racer that decided not to race because it's a "tuning" week. Just wanted to say that's a shame in my humble opnion, because you are not necessarily doing worse with the default settings. Under all circumstances riding with default settings is a great excuse for any lack of pace, that you might feel. ;)

I am beginning to slowly hate this track. It is so frigging bumpy and slippery. Especially the first sector...
I don't think I can get below 16.xxx
I have SEEN a 42.xxx T2... But then I loose me gain in sector 3...
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh.

To the man who devised this combination: I assure you there's a special place for you in heaven.

Feeling that Lotus smoothly transition from left to right to left under a wheel is just sublime. This definitely is my favorite combo yet.

T1: 15.866
T2: 41.283
T3: 1'03.016

And also, thanks to everyone who put up tunes that all formed the basis for mine thus far. Think I could gain a bit more time with a little more tinkering.

Congratulations on the anniversary!! Keep up the good work!!!
Great combo one of my cars of choice, I guess there will be no complaints about understeer this week...
Thanks for the LSD settings as a DS3 user.
First splits, need to work on my tune,
1:04.713

Last edited:

1'03.519

59ui.jpg

Yes you are currently clean. If I'm interpreting the language in the OP correctly, you cannot treat that piece of concrete as a rumble strip. Only tarmac and rumble strip are considered track, all else isn't.
As far as I have understood, as long as two wheels are on RUMBLE or TARMAC your lap is clean.

Well there goes my chance at a podium again this week for sure. Haha good luck spud. Try iainoflo's tune on the first page with Baron's gears and 0.0 / 0.05 toe.. Works pretty good for ds3.

Haha, I wouldn't be too sure. I had to run quite a few hours at Rome and only just pipped you at the final stages on Week 3, put up a very good fight! Thanks for the tune suggestion as well, I'll let you know (when I run it) if I find any helpful tweaks for the controller.

1'04.691

My thanks to the tuners of this thread. My usual "supplier" Mr. Praiano :bowdown:( i love that guy ..) is short of race cars.

Congratulations to the WRS team. It´s never late to know so many interesting persons and things and be part of it;).

Back