GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
I'm still using Will's basic tune, but I found some improvement by working on my smoothness, trying to keep the wheels inline with minimal slip angle. I'm also striving for more accuracy with my corner speeds. Boy this sure is one technical little combo. I'm really enjoying the challenge. đź‘Ť

1'02.200

I found that I was concentrating to hard at times and gettin frustrated, so I started singing while I run my laps. it keeps my mind just occupied enough to let my natural instincts take over. My current lap came by "if you think I'm sexy." Thank the lord mic chatter isn't recorded on replays.

Totally awesome. :dopey:

I've been cranking Iron Maiden in my brain for days now. :cool:

Andrew's (doodlemonoply's) tune, while it helps me immensely in the entrance to the first tunnel where I have been struggling with lift-throttle oversteer, is otherwise too tail-happy for me to use.

The tail happiness of his tune can be fixed with different LSD settings: try 8/20/16. I use a DS3 and found it much easier to keep it under control and not spin the back wheels, so it should work well with a wheel.

Happy car bouncing around! But don't touch the brakes!!!! :banghead:

1'04.291

URGENT!! Looking for 1 sec not to look to stupid in my first week in DIV3. nursemorph is even 1 sec faster after 16 sec :eek::eek:can that give me some hope for improvement?

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about the numbers here, I was able to get the first 3 gears set, but for the final 3 my system would only go up to 1.572, 1.253 and 1.047. Was the max speed also lowered to get to these settings?

Using the quoted numbers with the exception of gears 4,5 and 6, I was still able to shave off a few seconds!

T1 0:0:17.650
T2 0:0:44.384
T3 0:1:08.517
Max speed was set to min and final was set to far right, then set ratios, then set final to 3.900.

15.3xx T1 is insane!!! Well done to anyone cracking the 15.5.

I cannot fathom in that short distance how someone is gaining over half a second on me (I am at 15.9). I know I am slower but its only one corner that's not flat out !!

I feel like there is maybe a tenth to be gained on the left hander leading to the tunnel, the car seems to flatten out a bit torque wise as I swing out from the apex. but half a second I have no idea, very impressive.

Maybe it is the speed crossing the line?

URGENT!! Looking for 1 sec not to look to stupid in my first week in DIV3. nursemorph is even 1 sec faster after 16 sec :eek::eek:can that give me some hope for improvement?

It really is a car where setup can bring big gains. Yesterday, with an adjustment to my suspension settings, gained me 8 tenths to the sector 3 split (an 03.0 to an 02.5). Have a look back a couple of pages for the setup I posted which I used with a DS3 using x/o buttons and auto transmission.

As for sector 1, if you get the lines right, it is full throttle from the start/finish line to the tunnel. You also need to be full throttle through the last corner before the start finish straight for a good speed entering the first sector. For the tunnel (where you can make or break the sector), I brake late to about 80mph or so, sometimes less, then apply the power as soon as possible (usually at the apex, sometimes before).

For the right hander after sector 1, I try to get wide left before braking and turning in. After that, there is a slight lift in the next right hander. For the tunnel, I go wide right, lift when I hit the shadow then turn left to just miss the wall and full throttle when I feel there is enough room so I don't hit the other tunnel on exit.

At the corner at the bottom of the hill, I stay wide right, brake at the second flag on the right (I think), continue braking to about 80mph while turning towards the inside, then apply the throttle when I think there's enough room to not hit the wall on exit.

For the final corner of that sector, I try to enter it as straight as possible (it's dependent on car setup). I start braking when the driving line (I mainly use it as a visual reminder as my mind wanders) turns red, maybe slightly later, then just brake to apex and accelerate.

I would say that it is possible to go even quicker as I am not convinced the setup is perfect (I have no clue on tuning and just adjust things and hope they work). I would say a 15.7 or 6 is possible for sector 1 and maybe a 2.2 or 1 for S3 split. It's a matter of practice, experimenting with different lines, braking etc, working out where you don't need to brake and so on. This car also seems to suit my driving style which is grippy but a little loose on the rear.

Hopefully some of that helps you get quicker times :)

Late start on this one, but got a quick 10 lap session in with minor changes to downforce. First splits are:

1:02.600

Try reducing the rear toe a tad. I'd be interested to see if it helps a faster racer as much as it helped me on turn in!!
I also reduced the rear aero by 15 points.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it. đź‘Ť

Recent rain flooded my work which stopped me from having to be there until late and gave me a chance to unleash the fury on my virtual Elise! This combo is seriously addictive, flinging that little rocket around is great stress-release!!!

1'02.750

BTW, it's great to see @Jump_Ace again, I've been meaning to thank you for your YouTube vids, I couldn't gold the final drift challenge until I saw your vid so thanks a million :cheers: ...just another 650km to go and Platinum is mine!!!

Anytime buddy! Those drift challenges were insane, but then again it was my very first time drifting, I've always skipped them in the GT5 updates.

As for this combo, I figured out why I'm so far back @T1 and probably T2...I have been using the default Aero :ouch: I thought of this last night at 10pm, just in time to go to sleep, haha.

Jerome

I found that I was concentrating to hard at times and gettin frustrated, so I started singing while I run my laps. it keeps my mind just occupied enough to let my natural instincts take over. My current lap came by "if you think I'm sexy." Thank the lord mic chatter isn't recorded on replays.

Otherwise I would need to have my ears removed, just the thought is bad enough.

New times
1'03.412

1'02.174

Decent two first sectors I guess, but T3 is starting to frustrate me badly. I'm just absolutely clueless how to be any faster in there, and not knowing how to improve is one of the worst feelings I run into during these WRS'es. I just hate hitting a wall, or my limit. I want to go past it! Argh. :banghead:

Also used WillRacers (nearly default) tune for this, with -0.05 on both F/R toes (not sure if that makes any sense at all tuning-wise, I just put it there), combined with Doodle's transmission settings.

Hm... Not sure what I am doing tuning-wise - a bit of this and a bit of that. But somehow I found a better lap...
Worse T1 & T2, but better T3, hope it doesn't drag me down too much.

T1 16.847
T2 42.597
T3 1'04.930

@serfon : aplogies but this post contains even faster times :P

Today has been trying to sort out the tuning. Played with the settings this afternoon and, while feeling better, showed no time improvement after 30 odd laps. So, for this evening's session, I reverted back to my previous tune and reduced the rear aero by 10. Got bored with slower times so turned off the HUD and ran 13 laps....no faster sectors but a tenth overall, though it was marginally dirty.

So, loaded up my previous fastest ghost, turned on the HUD again and ran another 10 laps. Found that in some corners I can brake less and so keep a higher corner speed. Finally found some pace and managed a couple of .6 sector 1s. On my last lap, while not yielding any sector PB's, I managed a slightly quicker S3 split and gained 4 tenths at the line :eek:. Suffice to say I am happy with today's progress but now want more....I can see a .5 S1 there and a 2.0 S3 split.

S1: 15.782
S2: 40.948
S3: 1.02.432

Something happened and I managed to find improvement:

1'01.917

Last sector wasn't very good though, so I'm not surprised if I'll get a better lap with worse splits at some point. This'll do for now though!

Also @mistersafeway in my eyes that's an insane T2, still a tenth left in that one? Damn. Any tips? :lol: Very nice splits. đź‘Ť

Wow, the last 4 weeks I have been trying to get on the division podium in D4 on either splits or total lap time and failed.....1st week in D3 and I am closer than ever :eek:. Go figure! Clearly this combo suits me even more than I thought...am more motivated than ever now :D

Something happened and I managed to find improvement:

1'01.917

Last sector wasn't very good though, so I'm not surprised if I'll get a better lap with worse splits at some point. This'll do for now though!

Also @mistersafeway in my eyes that's an insane T2, still a tenth left in that one? Damn. Any tips? :lol: Very nice splits. đź‘Ť

Thanks. Not sure if I can help, but I'll try... for the first corner in T2 just use a lot of aggression while keeping it stable (I never said my advice would be simple :lol:), for the second corner lift off without braking and turn in hard enough that the car almost slides out, last corner is pretty much the same thing, but made worse by trying to get as close as possible to the wall at four different points (:eek:). I hope some of that made sense and helped. :)đź‘Ť

Back