GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
What frustrates the heck out of me is that I don't seem able to put more than 2 consecutive laps together... I slip and slide, crash and burn an end up pointing the opposite direction, and 'have to' restart... I am gettin better times just not in the same lap *sigh*.

4th and last session. Time submitted and accepted. Best combo till now. :D

1'02.781

Still on default suspension settings, but used Chris' gearing in this last session. It helped me shave a couple of tenths. Thanks a lot for the detailed and clear instructions, Chris. 👍

Happy racing to everybody. See you on the next one. :cheers:

Can someone please explain to me what it is that happens on the straight just before the s/f line, when my wheel seem to jump and jerk in my hands and decides to go its own way - same thing happens in the corner combo just before the first tunnel. It feels like 'a cog in the machine (DFGT) is suddenly missing' and my steering input 'doesn't take'???

Slower T1 again, but finally a faster T2 than I have managed but a slight drop on T3 but still faster at the line than previous thanks to T2
1'03.250

Can someone please explain to me what it is that happens on the straight just before the s/f line, when my wheel seem to jump and jerk in my hands and decides to go its own way - same thing happens in the corner combo just before the first tunnel. It feels like 'a cog in the machine (DFGT) is suddenly missing' and my steering input 'doesn't take'???

There are some crazy bumps on the road around those areas, hit them and it will pull you towards the curb

That's the front end getting airborne. You can't turn in the air!

If you don't like it, there are other lines you can take. 💡

There are some crazy bumps on the road around those areas, hit them and it will pull you towards the curb
Ok. Thanks 👍 So avoiding going wide in the second bend of the chicane is the way I suppose :D.
That first corner combo in sector 1 is really 'tight' - one inch either way from the line and... :banghead:
That's the front end getting airborne. You can't turn in the air!

If you don't like it, there are other lines you can take. 💡

ok. That makes sense. Thank you :D
👍

Last edited:
I turn my back and drop 5 places on the LB. :0 And it's now 3 Div 3 guys that I have to chase down, thought I was just going to have to worry about @Stevious but @nursemorph is doing exceptionally well and will no doubt top the D3 podium.

I think if I find those 3 tenths I was looking for it would probably not be enough, so I think my goal is to get as close to 2.0xx as possible.

GTP_WRS GT6 Week 5: WRS 11th Anniversary Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s
Arcade Mode Time Trial Hot Lap
Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04
Trial Mountain Circuit
DS3

Splits:

1'08.271

GTP_DeathStar
USA

I like this one better than last week...Willow Springs still 🤬 sucks. However, Trial Mountain is one of my least favorite tracks. :crazy: I think it is because I've been seeing it for far too long in all of the past games in the Gran Turismo series, every other PUG race I've been a part of in GT5 was here, and I think it is kinda dull and boring in the scenery department. :mischievous: I realize this is a fan favorite track, so let the Nerd-Raging commence. :D

Thanks. Not sure if I can help, but I'll try... for the first corner in T2 just use a lot of aggression while keeping it stable (I never said my advice would be simple :lol:), for the second corner lift off without braking and turn in hard enough that the car almost slides out, last corner is pretty much the same thing, but made worse by trying to get as close as possible to the wall at four different points (:eek:). I hope some of that made sense and helped. :)👍

Appreciate the tips! I was kinda having hard time figuring out if lifting off or tapping the brakes slighty was the fastest way through those last two corners of T2, but reading your tips and practicing a bit more made it somewhat clear that lifting off seems to result in faster times there.

Saw a couple .5xx T2's on that run, as well as a .4xx T1, but ruined them all on the last half of the track. Still it's nice to know that maybe I haven't reached my limit just yet and there's still a couple tenths waiting for me to find them. Done for today though, for some reason this WRS is really rough on my ankles and wrists. :scared:

After four hours of running my top ten times on my leader board are within 0.050 of each other.

T1 15.683
T2 40.583
T3 1:01.816

Still a 0.2 for me to grab had a bad start to the lap
Same here... After another session I made a liiiiittle progress of 0.020 at the line. It´s really hard now to get the lap any faster, but theoretical there are still around 0.1- (at the most) 0.2 secs to gain, also for me :D

Seen 15's in the first sector but was do freaked out by it that of course I drove slower than my grandma afterwards. Pressure is a heartless bitch. New splits anyway
1'03.600

New splits:

1'02.352

Bit of a messy lap but clean. Can definatley see some more time out there. Mainly in sector 1, had a good few 15.7xx's just cant tie it all together....yet!

Same here... After another session I made a liiiiittle progress of 0.020 at the line. It´s really hard now to get the lap any faster, but theoretical there are still around 0.1- (at the most) 0.2 secs to gain, also for me :D

It's the same for me Ive reached the point were I'm looking for that 0.1 extra I've now got 3 PB sectors and just looking to get that dam T1 right as it the only place I think I can make time now.

I have dropped some aero to 475 in the back thou which is gaining me time on 2nd half of the lap but I have to drive like a god in t1&t2 to keep the car settled as the rear keeps stepping out .

New splits

T1 15.583
T2 40.575
T3 1:01.799

Bit of a issue on last chicane (no wheels on ground) but still 0.040 gain at the line.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I only wish I could show the replay now as the car landed perfect and powered across the line , not the most ideal finish to a lap but still effective

Well as has already been discussed and is listed in the OP - two tyres need to be on or in line with the track if the car is airborne to be considered clean. It looks fine.

Thanks for posting all the tunes and tips everyone, it really helps.:cheers:
Still trying to get the hang of this one.

Using Andrews' tune at the moment.

1'02.739

Back