GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
What speeds are you guys at when:
1. Entering the first corner of sector 1?
2. Just before braking for the first tunnel?
3. At the entry to the first tunnel of sector 2?
4. At the entry of the last tunnel of sector 2?
5. At the exit of the hairpin just after T3?

Honestly, I'd say it's setup limit. I'm a DS3 player using x and square for accel/brake and auto transmission yet, using my current sector PB's, a 1.01.9 S3 split is achieveable. Have you tried any of the tune's that have been posted? They are good...my current one is based on doodlemonoply's with some tweaks to allow for a DS3. I have tweaked it further to make it quicker. Can post it here tomorrow morning if you want to give it a go?
Yes please :D

1'03.082

Have seen a very high 40.9xx in T2 and a few 1'02.7xx so I can go faster, just a matter of stringing them all together, T2 needs some major work for me

Wow, after about my first hour my times have been continually dropping and I got a lap I was pleased with only to find I'm still WAAAAYYYYY off the bottom of the leaderboard. Pretty deceiving combo here. I'm gonna try some posted tunes next. One question, for the turn at the end of the long straight in sector three what's the fastest way through? Brake hard and accelerate through the curve(I tend to lose grip) or use downshifting to slow down enough until you can make it through?

Wow, after about my first hour my times have been continually dropping and I got a lap I was pleased with only to find I'm still WAAAAYYYYY off the bottom of the leaderboard. Pretty deceiving combo here. I'm gonna try some posted tunes next. One question, for the turn at the end of the long straight in sector three what's the fastest way through? Brake hard and accelerate through the curve(I tend to lose grip) or use down-shifting to slow down enough until you can make it through?
I brake softly as soon as I can see the red and shift down into 5th... Then quickly into 4th (around 100 mph) turn in onto the yellow and then accelerate (from around 90-88) all through the corner. If I did it right I should be at 100-104 and shift into 5th just at the right-hander at the top of the hill.

Last edited:
Submitted with these splits:

1'01.840

There is another .150 in the lap, but I just cannot put all the sectors together to find it. It is so easy to lose .200 in a sector. Good luck everyone, specially those still chasing their best lap!

I just don't get how you guys can go flat out (6th gear 130-135mph) through the first corner combo of sector 1 without going off track... :boggled: If I am lucky I might be at 129 at the foot of that hump and at 124 just before the tunnel.
You are ALIENs :crazy:

What speeds are you guys at when:
1. Entering the first corner of sector 1?
Don't know, but speed across the line between 212 and 217 km/h.

2. Just before braking for the first tunnel?
Approx 200 km/h.

3. At the entry to the first tunnel of sector 2?
4. At the entry of the last tunnel of sector 2?
158 km/h at entry to the long tunnel

5. At the exit of the hairpin just after T3?
We can not talk about that here ;)

Don't know, but speed across the line between 212 and 217 km/h.

Approx 200 km/h.

158 km/h at entry to the long tunnel

We can not talk about that here ;)
Thank you:D
Sorry about the last question, thought we were only prohibited from talking about our lap times.

Actually I did it wrong. Missed the ' in xxx :banghead:

Do I need to repost or is an edit ok?

Fetchy doesn't read edits, so you would need to repost.

Wow, looking at the leaderboard, I probably need to go back to D2!
Awesome splits there guys! 👍

Last edited:
New splits:

1'02.243

Managed a half decent T1 on an improved lap. Can see some more time as seen a high 1'01 but got to excited and messed up the last sector! Haha maybe next time. If not im pretty happy with the lap!

Was able to do about 14 more laps and with a minor tweak to the rear areo I found .2xx at the line. Im quiet pleased with these splits. Im headed out of town for work in a few hours, so good luck to everyone this week!

1'02.210

Wasn't meaning anyone in particular. Some laps I get a low .4 in t1 but lose time in t2. I'm looking to get 5 tenths off my final time and can't come close. I red lapped on the first left hander and ran it through instead of restarting. Figures I would gain almost 3 tenths at the line. Its hard for me to be consistent. My splits are all over the place. I beat my current time by .05 and that's with a 01.99x at s3.. I just don't know this week.

Wasn't meaning anyone in particular. Some laps I get a low .4 in t1 but lose time in t2. I'm looking to get 5 tenths off my final time and can't come close. I red lapped on the first left hander and ran it through instead of restarting. Figures I would gain almost 3 tenths at the line. Its hard for me to be consistent. My splits are all over the place. I beat my current time by .05 and that's with a 01.99x at s3.. I just don't know this week.
ah i see. to be honest i'm finding it really difficult to be consistent on this track. it's mostly the corner after the 1st tunnel that gets me

Last edited:
1'02.233

A little slower splits but 0.2 down at the line.

And that is me done for the week. The G27 just died - the whole wheel broke off, there is only the paddles and some electronics left :yuck:

I really tried, did a 15.6 S1 only holding the paddles. But there are too many misshifts in the rest of the track.

Anyway I have been thinking of some Fanatec upgrade for a long time, now it has to be. Which one do you think I should get?

1'02.233

A little slower splits but 0.2 down at the line.

And that is me done for the week. The G27 just died - the whole wheel broke off, there is only the paddles and some electronics left :yuck:

I really tried, did a 15.6 S1 only holding the paddles. But there are too many misshifts in the rest of the track.

Anyway I have been thinking of some Fanatec upgrade for a long time, now it has to be. Which one do you think I should get?
:ouch: :(

Back