GTP_WRS Week 5 : WRS 11th Anniversay Event - 1(11) Yea(R)s

• Thread starter EDK
  • 717 comments
40.950 (.2 left in here, I keep mucking up the first right after T1)
1:02.433

I may come back to this, this weekend. I have jury duty tomorrow, possibly.

Jerome

Last edited:
First go at it this week. Looking at the leaderboard, looks like I need to figure out T1 a little better. Taking the chicanes without lifting, so it must be my entrance to the tunnel that needs some fixing.

1'02.830

I still think I'm missing something while trying to tune the transmission. I've done everything according to the various tunes that I've tried so far. i.e. first slide the final all the way up to 6000, then set the max speed all the way down to the minimum (in this case for the Elise, 112 MPH). But I'm still having a problem figuring out how to get the last 3 gears set up properly.

In the case of Cat's tune the numbers are:

Gears
3204 OK
2428 OK
1994 OK
1670 These last 3 are still outside the parameter minimums that the sliders will allow.
Final 3900

Thanks to those who provided the various tunes to try! Especially the ones that stabilize the rear end going through turns! Now I'm not hitting the wall as much coming around those crazy tight turns!!!

I still think I'm missing something while trying to tune the transmission. I've done everything according to the various tunes that I've tried so far. i.e. first slide the final all the way up to 6000, then set the max speed all the way down to the minimum (in this case for the Elise, 112 MPH). But I'm still having a problem figuring out how to get the last 3 gears set up properly.

In the case of Cat's tune the numbers are:

Gears
3204 OK
2428 OK
1994 OK
1670 These last 3 are still outside the parameter minimums that the sliders will allow.
Final 3900

Thanks to those who provided the various tunes to try! Especially the ones that stabilize the rear end going through turns! Now I'm not hitting the wall as much coming around those crazy tight turns!!!

For Barons gearing you need to set the Final Gear to 5.500 first then Top Speed to minimum. Then his gears will match up.

1'03.503

So worse t2 and t3, but more than 1/10th at the line.

So I see about 4/10th that I should be able to shave off this thing yet, just have to string it all together.

My Lotus with all 4 wheels on track!

Al

My Lotus Trial Mountain Circuit copy.jpg

@Nemo Niente: haven't quite caught ya yet, but got a little more off!! This is a weird one! T1 and T2 are slightly higher, but got the T3 down a bit!!

T1 0:0:17.417
T2 0:0:44.300
T3 0:1:07.447
You are doing fine just keep driving. And watch out for walls :D I was DQed my first TT (week 3) 'cause of a wall :P (I still blame @Gravitron for jinxing my walls on that TT :D:P)

Had no time to have a go at this weeks combo due to work commitments and feeling far to tired by the time I have got home, hopefully find some time to run next weeks :crazy:

Good luck to all this week :cheers:

Can't believe it's 6 days and I am still adjusting things...and I'm a non-tuner! Doing this TT has given me a better understanding of tuning though...and it's an awesome car to drive. I can see me still going right to the deadline.

Today has been another day of testing without success so went back, again, to my original tune and tweaked it. It is definitely faster...am edging closer to a .5 1st sector, am currently on .616. Can' break into the 24s for the second sector though...the first turn after s1 is losing me time, am happy with the rest of that sector. Set a PB in s3 and improved my split but slightly slower at the line:

S1: 15.703
S2: 40.953
S3: 1.02.353

Edit: Another 14 laps and I have finally achieved it: 15.536 for the 1st sector! Of course, I messed it up 2 corners later but what matters is that I have done it. Trouble is I now want a .4 as I see no reason I can't do it...as well as closing in on 1st in Div 3.

On a side note, have now done almost 700 miles with this combo! It will be listed as my most driven car tomorrow :eek:

Last edited:
I've got what I believe it's my best for this combo.
Maybe it's aDS3 limitation, setup (mine) limitation or most probably reason: a driver limitation.:dunce:

Honestly, I'd say it's setup limit. I'm a DS3 player using x and square for accel/brake and auto transmission yet, using my current sector PB's, a 1.01.9 S3 split is achieveable. Have you tried any of the tune's that have been posted? They are good...my current one is based on doodlemonoply's with some tweaks to allow for a DS3. I have tweaked it further to make it quicker. Can post it here tomorrow morning if you want to give it a go?

Back