GTP_WRS Week 85 : Back to School

• Thread starter PASM
  • 137 comments
@8l23ub I'm having a private bet with myself that my next posted splits will be 2 tenths quicker than you at the sector 6 split as the last couple of times we have posted, you beat me by 2 tenths, then I beat you by 2 tenths, then you beat me by 2 tenths again :lol: Looks like it is quite the battle this week

Hello everyone!

I am new to WRS. Haven't run the track before but after a couple of laps these were my splits:

1:19:137
2:16:137
3:13:103
4:08:087
5:10:487
Hey, welcome! :gtpflag:

Also wanted to let you know we got your Driver Info form for our online races, so you can sign up for those if you're available.

For this combo, we decided to do sprint races instead of our normal 50min races with pitstops.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nt-85-back-to-school-sprints-sept-5-9.333970/

Thx Gravitron :)

I hope I have registered myself correct and completely now. It has been a bit overwhelming to figure out how everything works lol!

• While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.

I am a really confused about these points in the first post.

Why do I have to write down my T1 split as mentioned in first point.
And why would I want to post my T1 split? (Third point)

Sry if this is the wrong thread to ask.

T1 is the end of sector 1, not turn 1 (I am assuming that's how you interpretted it...). Your splits you posted above look correct and have made their way to the leaderboard, so however you obtained those splits, keep doing it for the future. 👍

@8l23ub Nice improvement there...I thought I had lost my bet as I improved by a lot more than the 2 tenths...however, I am now 2 tenths behind you :lol:

S1: 34.950
S2: 1:14.500
S3: 2:09.400
S4: 3:03.933
S5: 3:57.850
S6: 4:58.516

A 2 second improvement at the sector 6 split which grew to over 3 seconds at one point only for me to have a couple of bad sectors late in the lap for a measly 9 tenths improvement at the line....not happy with that at all :banghead: There's still a few corners on the track where I just can't work out the best way to tackle them but, overall, I have got the hang of most of the lap...I always seem to make a mistake on a corner that leads onto a fast section and just have to watch my ghost pulling away from me! There's still one particular corner that I keep braking too late for and end up hitting the barrier doing 40mph+....while I could continue on as it doesn't red lap it at that point, I just can't bring myself to consider a lap clean when slamming into the barrier

Being brought up on BMX jumps, I tend to X-up the front wheels when I get air. :dunce:

Circuito de la Sierra_68.jpg Circuito de la Sierra_67.jpg

Finally got a good session in and made some improvement. There's still a lot of time out there on the track.

Agree with some of the other comments... "loving this car", "fun but frustrating", "many incomplete laps!"

All I can say is good thing there's a 3-day weekend :)

1'14.267
2'08.934
3'03.084
3'56.667
4'57.150

Good.

• No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.”

Thanks for pointing that out...I completely missed it :rolleyes: For some reason I only read the bit about laps being valid unless being red...good job I was considering contact dirty anyway. Must remember to read things properly in future

@8l23ub Nice improvement there...I thought I had lost my bet as I improved by a lot more than the 2 tenths...however, I am now 2 tenths behind you :lol:

S1: 34.950
S2: 1:14.500
S3: 2:09.400
S4: 3:03.933
S5: 3:57.850
S6: 4:58.516

A 2 second improvement at the sector 6 split which grew to over 3 seconds at one point only for me to have a couple of bad sectors late in the lap for a measly 9 tenths improvement at the line....not happy with that at all :banghead: There's still a few corners on the track where I just can't work out the best way to tackle them but, overall, I have got the hang of most of the lap...I always seem to make a mistake on a corner that leads onto a fast section and just have to watch my ghost pulling away from me! There's still one particular corner that I keep braking too late for and end up hitting the barrier doing 40mph+....while I could continue on as it doesn't red lap it at that point, I just can't bring myself to consider a lap clean when slamming into the barrier

I had virtually the same experience with the latest attempt, couldn't even see my ghost until the fast looping left and right near the end, played it safe and pb'd by 1 second.
Nice split from yourself in T6.
If I am within 2 tenths of you at the T6 split on Monday I will be happy :-)

Better day today with a handful of clean laps...though I did forget how to negotiate the turn before the start of the lap for about 20 minutes for some reason so it involved a lot of swearing and restarting :banghead: No idea what happened..just couldn't do it so was ruining laps before they'd even started! However, despite that, I did manage to set new PBs in 8 of the 12 sectors and managed to improve my lap time by just over a second so can't really complain (well, I can as the lap should have been over 2 seconds quicker but I messed up a couple of sectors)...have also managed to work out a couple of the corners that I was struggling with so, all in all, a good and fruitful session:

S1: 34.767
S2: 1:14.367
S3: 2:08.867
S4: 3:03.133
S5: 3:56.383
S6: 4:57.050

Better day today with a handful of clean laps...though I did forget how to negotiate the turn before the start of the lap for about 20 minutes for some reason so it involved a lot of swearing and restarting
That messing up the flying start is pretty much how my sessions started yesterday and today, I didn't see much of the second sector. Once I started seeing sector eight or so, or that spot (jump) @Gravitron posted, I knew I had found whatever it is that is needed. But I have only done 1 lap per day so 3 altogether. I don't remember if #49 was much like that but I don't think so.

I think the Audi was a bit easier because it's a slower car. But there are similarities. Both cars require utilizing weight transfer to go through turns fast. The weight transfer can be initiated by few different things: lifting off accelerator, releasing the brakes at the end of trail braking, or just simply turning in (more noticeable when coasting). During the weight transfer the car gets unsettled and rotates well.
There is a magical split second moment towards the end of that weight transfer when it's ideal to get back on full throttle (this all typically happens long before the apex). Too early and the car didn't turn enough, you end up needing to increase steering angle, cook the front tire and go wide. Too late and you not only lose time by not accelerating but also the car is back to it's normal understeery balance and you might end up going wide as well.
This sounds complicated but the good news is that the amount of time between the start of weight transfer and the magic moment seems to be constant (as long as your pedal and steering inputs are consistent) so it's fairly easy to find the rhythm.
The final turn before the S/F is a great place to practice this timing. At the beginning of your flying start I mean, not at the end of your hot lap when you are 2 seconds up on your ghost :D

Last edited:
For the first time I managed '2' consecutive clean laps for a new pb on both attempts.
Ran again and managed another pb despite being behind my ghost for the whole of the first half of the lap.
Loving the circuit
Hating the chicane before the T6 intermediate.

1:14.833
2:09 133
3:03.300
3:56.766
4:57.883

Last edited:
Back