GTPClioCup: Round #1 - Mid-Field Raceway *** RESULTS POSTED***

• Thread starter CAMikaze
  • 83 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I was just thinking and I admit that I don't have a great deal of practice with this discipline, but here's my thought: we should just run each race once. It would preserve the reality of an event if we didn't run uncountable hotlaps and then race and re-race the event for a week or ten days or whatever. I propose that we set a number of hot laps for quali, and then just run the sprint and feature races once and then on with the next event. This is exactly the way it would be if we were going to the track and pushing the ol' clio out of the truck onto the track.

Just a thought and that's how I intend to participate, anyone care to join me in this radical departure?

Hey I was just thinking and I admit that I don't have a great deal of practice with this discipline, but here's my thought: we should just run each race once. It would preserve the reality of an event if we didn't run uncountable hotlaps and then race and re-race the event for a week or ten days or whatever. I propose that we set a number of hot laps for quali, and then just run the sprint and feature races once and then on with the next event. This is exactly the way it would be if we were going to the track and pushing the ol' clio out of the truck onto the track.

Just a thought and that's how I intend to participate, anyone care to join me in this radical departure?

I have just started playing GT4 some time back, and am not very familiar with most of the tracks. So if the race was run in the format you mentioned, I would have to run some practice laps for quali and would like to run a mock-race, as most of the racing teams do before they go to the actual race. This would not work with the format you mentioned, since it would be oh soooo tempting to put in the best lap/race I could do. So, although interesting, I would be hesitant to switch...

Moreover, at least for me, the idea is to become a better driver by practice and compare my times against the best time others could do. I am not that interested in just winning because someone had a spin in their quali lap or chose a wrong pit strategy.

Just my 2 coppers...

There's still plenty of time for you to take part in Round 1 Neil. Deadline isn't until Midnight next sunday GMT.

Shows how busy I am, and how mashed in my head is at the moment! I'll get some laps done today sometime.

Neil

Moreover, at least for me, the idea is to become a better driver by practice and compare my times against the best time others could do. I am not that interested in just winning because someone had a spin in their quali lap or chose a wrong pit strategy.

Just my 2 coppers...[/quote]

I can see where you are coming from in terms of experience, but I was just thinking about what it would be like if I bought a car and decided to go racing. I would show up at the track, as a rookie, I would get as much practice as was built into the schedule and then I would qualify and race. If I had a great race or a poor one that would be that until the next season or round...

Take for example our good friend Lewis "If I was driving the Spyker no one would know my name" Hamilton. He is a rookie, of sorts, and is routinely the best on the track albeit also in one of the best cars of all time, but ours is a spec series...Once again, I was justing thinking out loud:indiff:

Done with both races!
1 attempt each only! (Personal choice)

Has anyone else NOT had to pit at all?:sly:

doing the quali laps now and will post splits shortly.

*EDIT*
Done with the Quali laps now too!

T1 24.008
T2 46.649

Neil

Done with both races!

Yeah I didn't pit, looks like it needs three or four more laps to really do in the fronts.
I'm trying to make this series as close to the real-life Clio Cup series as possible with the format and all. Now I don't know if any of the competitors from England have been to a [SEARCH]BTCC[/SEARCH] meeting anytime recently, but I think they can confirm for me if the cars in that Clio Cup series can actually complete a race without having to go into the pit for a tire change and come back out.

Done with both races!

Yeah I didn't pit, looks like it needs three or four more laps to really do in the fronts.

I'm trying to make this series as close to the real-life Clio Cup series as possible with the format and all. Now I don't know if any of the competitors from England have been to a [SEARCH]BTCC[/SEARCH] meeting anytime recently, but I think they can confirm for me if the cars in that Clio Cup series can actually complete a race without having to go into the pit for a tire change and come back out.

Yeah, it was just a question.
Just so I could judge if I was going too easy on the tyres. My fronts are just turning full yellow by lap 13, so on mild tyre-wear I would say 17 laps would actually be possible without too much loss of speed through T1 - T2, 18 would be a push.

I seem to remember reading we can discuss splits in the race too. So I'll just say that's doing sub 24.25 T1's and sub 47.3 T2's (traffic allowing)

I'll maybe start pushing them a little harder if the intention is for us not to pit. I know that sounds arse about face, I know what I mean.:crazy: I was probably expecting an increase in laps, to force a pit, so being ultra smooth should be a good way to go. Stoopid!:dunce:

Neil

hi to all

wow some really fast guys around here.
after 10 laps with the clio (261hp,1058kg,rh/rh) the best i could do was
T1 24.372
T2 47.325

so i wont even ask if i can join the cliocup :dunce:

ps: sorry for bad english, i speak spanish

hi to all

wow some really fast guys around here.
after 10 laps with the clio (261hp,1058kg,rh/rh) the best i could do was
L1 24.372
L2 47.325

so i wont even ask if i can join the cliocup :dunce:
You can join in the fun if you want to Smokalot. All you need to do is to respond to this post and I'll get it processed as soon as I can.:D Besides, the more, the merrier.;)

BTW, those are good splits. :)👍

You can join in the fun if you want to Smokalot. All you need to do is to respond to this post and I'll get it processed as soon as I can.:D Besides, the more, the merrier.;)

BTW, those are good splits. :)👍

That would be really awesome, but i dont own a modem or any other device (just the ps2, mem. card and control) to upload my times. The only way i have to upload replays of gt4 is via dvd recorder an then upload the video to youtube.
As you can see its going to be too much trouble to corroborate my times.
But thx anyway.

Update times!!

After 30 laps(then my fingers went numb) the very best was:
T1: 24.062
T2: 46.960

ps: again, sorry for my bad english.

Improved my splits and final lap time by just a whisker

T1 - 23'893

T2 - 46'544

nige

Times submitted to CAMikaze.
Hopefully they are good enough for a podium.:sly:
Good luck you all.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Chances are you may be right. But there's still time enough for the rest of you to get your best efforts in to me. As of this post, the Deadline is just less than 47 hours away(Sunday, Midnight, GMT).:scared:

I've done my races and Quali, just haven't sent them in yet.
I'm 'maybe' gonna give the long race another blast. That is of course if I can drag my attention away from doing 80 min races round Le Sarthe with my arse on fire, doing 220-241 mph on the straights.:scared:(Shameless plug, I know! :sly:)

Plenty of time!

Neil

I will try the challenge tomorrow, for now, here are my current qualifying times:

T1-25.751
T2-50.192

T1 wasn't very good, while T2 was just awful.

Oh well, maybe I'll try again tomorrow. (They're not totally bad considering I'm a terrible driver;))

Just a quick question, and I know it may be late, but do we have to have done BOTH sprint and feature races by the aforementioned deadline (midnight of the 23rd GMT)??? :scared:

Edit: Sorry CAMikaze, just read your post on the OTHER thread (Ignore this post). ps Don't worry, my middle name is "last-minute", just ask my parents and teachers :sly:

Attention Clio Cup Racers!

We're inside of 24 hours to the deadline!:scared:

At this point, 6 drivers have submitted their times. I'm hoping to see more submissions by time 8 pm EDT rolls about tomorrow night because the points in the Sprint and Feature races are paid off to the first 20 finishers. Kinda generous of me, huh?:sly:

Hope to see you on the grid!;)

First splits:

T1: 23'940

T2: 46'344

My PS2 is acting strange as after one race, It starts freezing. I'm gonna see what I can do.

BTW, My birthday is tomarrow so I hope a good finish will be a good present,along with the other good ones I wished for:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back