@ Suzuka Circuit in GSR Spirit. ^_~
GTP_CAMikaze

GTPlanet Clio Cup Series

Round #2
Suzuka Circuit

Track Map credits - [SEARCH]AMG.[/SEARCH]
Banner Credits - [SEARCH]mnm_bmx[/SEARCH]

Hot-Lap Qualifying, 6 Lap Sprint Race and 9 Lap Feature Race

Sunday, October 7th @ 8:00 pm EDT (24:00 GMT)

Round 1 at Mid-Field Raceway saw 19 drivers giving their all to prove they had what it takes to stand atop the podium and lay claim to being the best. We move on to Japan and the Suzuka Circuit for Round 2 and see if the podium finishers can maintain their standing and who else can step up to the challenge and take their places.

Located in Suzuka City in Mie Prefecture, Suzka Circuit is the home of famous races like the Coca-Cola Suzuka 8 Hours motorcycle endurance race, the 1000 km race in the JGTC/SuperGT Series and the home of the F1 Japanese Grand Prix until 2006. This figure-8-like circuit designed by John Hugenholtz in 1962 for the Honda Motor Company was originally a testing track for their cars and motorcycles. It may look somewhat unique, but don't let it fool you. This is designed to really test your driving skill. It's no wonder this difficult course is loved by many drivers and spectators alike. Suzuka is truly challenging and provides for many overtaking opportunities.

All rules, regulations, car specifications, and races are controlled by the GTP Clio Cup officials. Any and all questions should be directed to the GTP Clio Cup officials(CAMikaze and RACECAR) and they will do their best to answer in a timely and accurate manner.
All drivers must run at the specified Tires, Top Speed, Weight and Horsepower settings for each round.

All Other Standard Online Racing Rules apply.
  • No Cheating, Hybrids, or any funny stuff like that. Run the car according to the Specifications please.
  • Try and keep two wheels on the road at all times. No shortcuts.
  • No wall-riding. It slows you down.
  • TCS and/or ACS is allowed IF DESIRED, but NOT mandatory.
  • Discussion of the split times is allowed but the full lap and race times are not be mentioned in the thread until the results have been posted and made official. Doing so will subject the driver to a time penalty to be added on to the qualifying and/or race time.
  • Times must be submitted by PM to CAMikaze and RACECAR by the Deadline listed. Otherwise a time penalty of 1 second for every minute after the deadline it is sent in by will be assesed to the Qualifying and Race times. Should the time submission not be sent in to the GTP Clio Cup Stewards by 2 hours after the deadline has passed, the times sent in after then will not be counted in the results.

Round Format

Car Specifications
Power: 261 HP (-11), Weight: 1058 kg (-8), Top Speed: 260 km/h (0), Tires: RH/RH only

Qualifying Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Time Trial >>> World Circuits >>> Suzuka Circuit >>> Select Car

Sprint Race Specifications
Arcade Mode >>> Single Race >>> World Circuits >>> Suzuka Circuit >>> Select Car
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 6, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Feature Race Specifications

Arcade Mode >>> Single Race >>> Original Circuits >>> Mid-Field Raceway >>> Select Car
Transmission: MT or AT, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Tires: Racing: Hard, Difficulty: At least +5
Race Options: Arcade: No. of Laps: 9, Tire Wear: Mild, Driving Aids: Your Choice, Penalty: Forced Pit Entry, Time Limit: None

Time Sending Format

Please make sure you send your Times formatted this way. It'll make it easier, and we'll be good.;)
Code:
Driver(Country): [Your name and country here]
Car #: [Your car # here]
Team: [The team you're racing for here]

Qualifying: [Your fastest Qualifying lap time here]

Sprint Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]
AI Settings: [The level you had the AI race at and what tire settings you gave the AI]

Feature Race
Total Time: [The time it took for you to complete the race]
Best Lap: [Your fastest race lap]
AI Settings: [The level you had the AI race at and what tire settings you gave the AI]

A couple more notes before we get things going here.

• Some Ground Rules: At 130R(just past T2) there is a tarmac runoff area so that you would be able to go off course if you took the turn too fast. Should you go on there and you were making an attempt to pass, you're to let the AI car(s) you were passing get back in front of you. Failing to do so by time you get off of the patch should be considered a dirty lap. If you were forced off, you're allowed to maintain position at your own discretion and get back on the track as soon as possible.
  • There are also some green turf strips that run along the side of some of the rumble strips. These are considered to be part of the track and inbounds.
  • On the outside of the Spoon Curve, there's also what appears to be alternating red and white rails right by the rumble strips. They're inbounds as well. But exercise caution should you go along them for you might lose control very easily and go off into the gravel trap.
  • Again regarding submitting your times, for the Clio Cup Season once you have submitted your times, they're locked in and can not be changed. If you believe you can do better, hold off on sending the times in until you believe you cannot do any better or don't think you would have any more time to try to set a faster time. And make sure you PM your final times to myself(CAMikaze) and RACECAR before the race deadline so that you don't get asessed any penalties. ;)👍

And with all that said...

Good luck, and good racing to all of you!:sly:👍​

Round 2 Results
***Details to follow***

Qualifying
Round2Qualifying.jpg

Sprint Race - 6 Laps
Round2Sprint.jpg

Fastest Lap goes to Carlito with a time of 2'10.441

Feature Race - 9 Laps
Round2Feature.jpg

Fastest Lap goes to Carlito with a time of 2'10.438

(a) - Smokalot was assesed a 11 second time penalty for a late submission
(b) - ranhammerR34 was assesed a 30 second time penalty for a late submission

GTPlanet Clio Cup Drivers Championship Standings
Round2DriversPoints.jpg

GTPlanet Clio Cup Team Standings
Round2TeamCupPoints.jpg

GTPlanet Clio Cup Independent Standings
Round2IndependentPoints.jpg

GTPlanet Clio Cup Nations Cup Standings
Round2NationsCupPoints.jpg

[*]During the Pre-Season, you were allowed to post your Times and Splits in the threads for comparison. Since the season is underway, we kindly advise against doing such a thing until the results have been posted and made official.

Does that mean that we are not allowed to discuss the split times anymore??

Does that mean that we are not allowed to discuss the split times anymore??
You can still discuss the split times, but you can only go to the 10ths on the lap times (e.g. 1'15.6xx).

And now that I've re-read the announcment post... :eek::ouch: I noticed I wrote out something about the lap time discussions twice.:dunce: I'll take care of it...

EDIT:Okies, it's fixed.:dopey:

EDIT #2: Almost forgot to add that for both races in each round, the AI should be running on RH/RH tires as well. I've highlighted it with bold text so that you all should know about it.

Does it really matter what the difficulty of the AI is? i.e: does a certain time against AI of 5 equal the same time against an AI level of 10?

I was just wondering, as I find it easier to do quick times when I'm way out in front :sly: and not worrying about the stupid AI braking late, early or suddenly, then I get the penalty for hitting them... :ouch:

Does it really matter what the difficulty of the AI is? i.e: does a certain time against AI of 5 equal the same time against an AI level of 10?

I was just wondering, as I find it easier to do quick times when I'm way out in front :sly: and not worrying about the stupid AI braking late, early or suddenly, then I get the penalty for hitting them... :ouch:
One of the things you also have to worry about is one or two rally cars getting bad tires and then get really squirelly going off of the course and coming back on at a rather dangerous angle.:scared: This I found out when I was doing some test racing for the series with the AI at +4.

I like a bit of a fight, hence my controversial choice of tyres for the opposition in Round 1.

In fact, given a choice, I'd make it such that over the full race period, you would have all the cars very closely matched (possibly identical) they wore their tyres at a very similar rate to you, and you had a real job passing any of them and keeping them behind you. Very difficult to set!

What's this deadly silence here? :)
Here are some splits to beat:
T1 56.4xx
T2 1'45.0xx

And here is my Round 1 qualifying lap in .max file for PAL users if anyone interested...

View attachment 63496

AWESOME Splits GTX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after 30 laps the best i was able to do:
T1: 59.615
T2: 1.49.812

i am waiting to get back the feel on my fingers to do 30 more.
but there is no way i can shave 3 secs on T1 and almost 5 on T2 :crazy:

ps: sorry for my awful english guys

Here's my first splits from a few days ago. Not had much time to run this so far. Hopefully much more time next week

T1 - 56'814

T2 - 1'45.524

Had another run this morning -

T1 - 56'820

T2 - 1'45.436

nige

I'm going to provide atleast a little more info on my T times. I'm afraid I do not really see the point in posting ????? or xxxx in relation to the number of seconds. Just my opinion. We can all probably work out what it is anyway.

T1 - 56'764

T2 - 1'45.2xx

nige

Just past the One Week until Deadline mark, and SammiTogueGirl was the first driver to submit his/her times in. And comparing it to how I'm faring, I say her times are pretty impressive.

:embarrassed:

Ahem... Anyways, I hope you're doing well on your parts. As for me, I have improved on my Sprint and Feature race times, but it took about 4 tries with the latter before I could get a full race in. I had to exit usually after losing control of the car and smashing it into the wall or slide out to only be t-boned by one of the other cars.:ouch:

And as to what my AI Level is set at, it's +7 where aside from the Altezza Touring Car, the rest of the field is comprised of 3 other JGTC GT300 cars. So out of curiousity, what's your roster of opponets look like when you take the grid for your races?:sly:

And as to what my AI Level is set at, it's +7 where aside from the Altezza Touring Car, the rest of the field is comprised of 3 other JGTC GT300 cars. So out of curiousity, what's your roster of opponets look like when you take the grid for your races?:sly:

AI at 7:
-Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS apex MR---304HP---1125KG
-Amemiya Asparadrink rx7 (JGTC)-----323HP---1100KG
-ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC)-----------323HP---1125KG
-Altezza touring car-----------------305HP---1000KG
-Wedsport celica (JGTC)-------------310HP---1050KG
- and my clio----------------------- 261HP---1058KG
6 Laps 180 A-Spec points

Update:
I decided not to run with AI at 7, I guess is too much preassure getting that $%·$% RX7 filling my mirror all the time. I did better times with AI at 6
BTW: if i decide to give it another try to AI at 7, is it mandatory to actually win the Feature race? (my front tires just die at lap 9 and the clio does not turn appropriately at all, if you can call it turn) lap nine is at least 10 seconds slower than the average lap times and i refuse to pit for just one lap.
Thanks.

I've just run my feature race...It's little bit strange for me,Smokalot.:odd:
My tyres are in pretty good shape at the end of the 9th lap.👍
Did you set the tyre wear to "Mild"?

I've just run my feature race...It's little bit strange for me,Smokalot.:odd:
My tyres are in pretty good shape at the end of the 9th lap.👍
Did you set the tyre wear to "Mild"?

I was pretty sure that they were set on mild (because i have to restart the race 3 or 4 times thx to that forced pit entry) but your post make me doubt, so i check again. No. of laps 9/////tire wear mild////driving aids: none//////
Penalty: Forced pit entry//////Time limit: none
And i just finish doing the feature race again. This time with A.I set to 5
and yes, my tires just die by lap nine to the point that i was overtaken by the S2000 Race Car(actually they die so bad that i have to E-brake on most of 9 lap curves just to stay on the track).
On the bright side i shave 10 seconds to the total time BUT finished on second place :grumpy:
I might have easily blocked the S2000 because he overtake me on the last long straight. But that is not fair play :grumpy:

BTW: if i decide to give it another try to AI at 7, is it mandatory to actually win the Feature race?
No it's not mandatory. But it is a good incentive for you to drive well. ;)👍

As for me, I don't know how well I might drive tonight because I've been getting this pain in my lower right leg below the knee.:ouch: It's been like this since about 2 pm this afternoon and I just took some aspirin and put a pain relief patch over what I think is the affected area. Hopefully I'll feel better before I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow. At least it doesn't hurt as I step on the gas pedal, so I think it hurts when I basically move my right leg. Good thing I'm a left-foot-braking driver.:sly:

No it's not mandatory. But it is a good incentive for you to drive well. ;)👍

As for me, I don't know how well I might drive tonight because I've been getting this pain in my lower right leg below the knee.:ouch: It's been like this since about 2 pm this afternoon and I just took some aspirin and put a pain relief patch over what I think is the affected area. Hopefully I'll feel better before I'm supposed to go to work tomorrow. At least it doesn't hurt as I step on the gas pedal, so I think it hurts when I basically move my right leg. Good thing I'm a left-foot-braking driver.:sly:

I really hope that your pain go away as soon as it is possible.
Nobody should ever be in pain. I have an extremely painful neuropathy in the sciatic nerve. the pain starts on my lower back and end at the tip of my right toe. Doctors said that shut be over (the pain) in about 2 years. LOL that was almost 4 years ago. i had to learn how to walk again and after a lot of therapy i was able to drive cars again, but only as a civilian. my street races days were over. no problem with that, but damn i miss to drive my bike doing 60mph on the highway. :guilty:
I really hope your pain go away CAMIkaze

I really hope your pain go away CAMIkaze
Well, as I type this, the patch and pills are having a positive effect.:D:tup: As for my racing, I didn't do much improvment on the DTM round taking place at the Test Track this week. It's pretty much top priority that you get your car in a draft as soon as possible. Otherwise, you'll most likely be far behind in the results.:guilty:

On the Clio Cup front, I was able to make improvements on all my times tonight. For Qualifying my splits were 57.804 and 1'46.653. For the races, I ran it at +7 on the AI and improved my race times by 4 and 3.5 seconds respectively.;) My guess is I got a bit of a ways to go if I'm to make any improvments on my finishes compared to the last round.

If I can remember to do it, I'll be using my PC's spreadsheets program to make a database of all the drivers taking part in this series. Reason is I'll try to input all the submitted times so that I can get them out in a more timely manner for you to read up on. ;) For those who have done something like this before, I was wondering what kind of program you use. I imagine TS will have something to say about this since he's involved with the GTPDTM series.:sly:👍

Ran the sprint race twice, the feature race once, and done my hot-lap.

Can't remember the splits from the hot-lap exactly, but the T2 is somewhere in the mid 1:46's.
Can't for the life of me see getting near a 1:45 tho!
Prop's to any that can! The first of the Degner curves and the first part of Spoon curves, are probably where I'm losing time. I am just not being brave enough, I reckon. :guilty:

As to the spreadsheets subject.

I use Excel to input the times etc, and when finished I remove the grid-lines in the prefs.
Then I pull a box round the cells, right-click & copy, and then paste them into Paintshop pro.
Save the resultant picture as a Jpeg, and then upload to image-shack for posting in the thread.

Easy peasy!

Neil

So i guess i am the only one having serious problems with the tires at lap nine.
Out of the need for a memory refresher, what kind of controller do you use? I use the DFP for GT4.

(DFP = Driving Force Pro)

Out of the need for a memory refresher, what kind of controller do you use? I use the DFP for GT4.

(DFP = Driving Force Pro)

No wheel for me. Just the one that came with the ps2: a old Dual shock analog controller scph-10010 preassure sensitive.
not a big fan of the analog stick, so i use the buttons and arrows.

Is it possible that i kill my tires due to overbraking? looks that on the first part of degner curve and before the casio triangle i hit the brakes way too hard.
Thanks

New slipts T1:58.099 T2:1.47.612

So i guess i am the only one having serious problems with the tires at lap nine.

No,no.You are not alone.
I tried to shave off some seconds from my previous result and maybe I was too hard with the tyres.There are some parts of this track where you need to lift off the accelerator...:guilty:
I lost so much time in the last lap that there was no use to push hard in the first 8 laps...Tyres turned to red and simply can't drive my Clio...:ouch:
I must find a good pace for this feature race.:indiff:

You are not alone in having the front's wearing.

9 laps is the probable limit for them on this car. (Trust me, I didn't get this screen-name for nothing, you know!)

The corners that actually do the damage are the esses (especially the right), the anti-banked corner (which as it's name suggests is negative cambered) and Dunlop (which drops away with negative camber again, after the apex/crest. Hence why, if you push too hard into it, you end up on the cutting to the west short course and then the kitty-litter, even though it opens out slightly).
They are all open and fast enough for you to get tempted into pushing round them with more turn on and more power down than you would do in real-life.
And that is what wears the fronts.

Finding the right pace for the feature race is quite hard, but I seem to have managed. My fronts were orange/red and nearly wasted by the time I got to the Casio triangle on lap 9. Only dropped 1 second to previous laps on the final lap, and that was mainly because I felt the need to reduce speed for 130R, so I still had enough grip left to get anchored up and turned @ Casio.

Neil

No wheel for me. Just the one that came with the ps2: a old Dual shock analog controller scph-10010 preassure sensitive.
not a big fan of the analog stick, so i use the buttons and arrows.

I use the DS2 myself, and have serious problems with tire wear. I have losing about the same time as you in the last lap... would have preferred to pit a lap earlier actually.
I thought that the problem was partly due to the controller... cannot be as smooth as you can be with a steering wheel. However, I will try to keep in mind the suggestions by TyreKing. May be I can save some tyres for the last lap, and improve my time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back