GTPClioCup: Round #2 - Suzuka Circuit ***RESULTS POSTED***

• Thread starter CAMikaze
  • 82 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Suzuka was annoying, mainly due to the AI cars. (Early Rant Warning) Early braking, hogging the road and racing lines (How is it that the AI seem to have more 'mass' and are impossible shove out the way?), spinning out (only missed him by centimetres, like Lowndes in the Bathurst! It's an Australian thing :sly:), pushing me OFF THE ROAD, and more than once at that :grumpy:. And that Renault 5! How can a car that is much older and made to race on dirt overtake a modern racecar which is made to run on tarmac??? Oh, I also think the Clio needs to be more aerodynamic too, the boxy shape may look good but kills it's top speed capabillities :ouch:

(End Rant)

Well, thanks for letting me get that out of my system 👍

ps when the rules say "keep at least two wheels on the track at all times please", the rumble strips are part of the track right? :sly:

Wow, Suzuka was annoying, mainly due to the AI cars. (Early Rant Warning) Early braking, hogging the road and racing lines (How is it that the AI seem to have more 'mass' and are impossible shove out the way?), spinning out (only missed him by centimetres, like Lowndes in the Bathurst! It's an Australian thing :sly:), pushing me OFF THE ROAD, and more than once at that :grumpy:. And that Renault 5! How can a car that is much older and made to race on dirt overtake a modern racecar which is made to run on tarmac??? Oh, I also think the Clio needs to be more aerodynamic too, the boxy shape may look good but kills it's top speed capabillities :ouch:

(End Rant)

Well, thanks for letting me get that out of my system 👍

ps when the rules say "keep at least two wheels on the track at all times please", the rumble strips are part of the track right? :sly:
I had some close calls while trying to pass the AI carsand had that battle with the S2000. As for the "two wheels on track" rule, Of course

Results have been posted.

Details and points tables are soon to follow. ;)

Congratulations to our podium finishers and hats off to Carlito for completing the best feat possible in a single round by a driver.
  • Pole Position
  • Sprint Race Win
  • Sprint Race Fastest Lap
  • Feature Race Win
  • Feature Race Fastest Lap
For this, we proudly present to you the first ever...
GTPlanet Clio Cup Five Star Racer Award
Congratulations from all of us Carlito.:D:tup:

Ouch, 10th again? Man, there must be something wrong with me here....these Hungarians must have been cheating or something. Or maybe i'm just a bad driver :guilty: Congrats to Carlito, you really deserve it man. 👍

I'd like to know where my results are...?:nervous:
I've sent them in October 5th.
OKies, it's fixed. And you did pretty good Driver.:sly:👍

I just looked at the results,
and wow me and gtx must have had some close racing.:)
and Im still best non Hungarian, in the races at least.:)

Congratulations to Carlito for his excellent wins. How you get under 2'10 for the hotlaps I shall never know!! :crazy:
Congrats to all the podiums as well 👍.

See you in Monaco :)

nige

Where's Holl01 when you need him? :sly:

Allright everybody, the Points Standings have been posted. I'll work on the race details tomorrow. ;)👍

Ouch, 10th again? Man, there must be something wrong with me here....these Hungarians must have been cheating or something. Or maybe i'm just a bad driver :guilty: Congrats to Carlito, you really deserve it man. 👍

Ouch...........cheating???
I dont think so :crazy:

No,you are just not so fast at the moment...:)
As I told in the past we can prove our results in .max files (PAL) if you need.👍

No,you are just not so fast at the moment...:)
As I told in the past we can prove our results in .max files (PAL) if you need.👍

Well if you can, please do show me. I could learn a thing or two when i watch your replays.... :)

Well if you can, please do show me. I could learn a thing or two when i watch your replays.... :)

O.K.,I speak with Carlito and we will convert his races and qualifying lap into .max and load it up on next week.
Please,be patient.

Hey folks, I missed the last couple of races due to my mom being in hospital. I will race the next one for sure!

BTW the Results board looks great!👍

Hey folks, I missed the last couple of races due to my mom being in hospital. I will race the next one for sure!

BTW the Results board looks great!👍
Hope you can join us for it daddy-o, deadline for the Round 3 times is just over 6 days away as I type this. ;)👍

As to how the results look the way they are, I did like this...
  1. Complied the results using a database program that I got with an earlier edition of Microsoft's Office suite.
  2. Copied the results onto a spreadsheet program
  3. Captured the screens of the resukts with a program called IrfanView
  4. Cropped the screencapped images with ACDSee
  5. Uploaded the images onto a image hosting website and linked them to the results posts
After I did all the work on the results, I discovered a couple of things that I think will make the results for future rounds look even more better. Here's hoping you like them. ;)

Hope you can join us for it daddy-o, deadline for the Round 3 times is just over 6 days away as I type this. ;)👍

As to how the results look the way they are, I did like this...
  1. Complied the results using a database program that I got with an earlier edition of Microsoft's Office suite.
  2. Copied the results onto a spreadsheet program
  3. Captured the screens of the resukts with a program called IrfanView
  4. Cropped the screencapped images with ACDSee
  5. Uploaded the images onto a image hosting website and linked them to the results posts
After I did all the work on the results, I discovered a couple of things that I think will make the results for future rounds look even more better. Here's hoping you like them. ;)

Very similar to how I do the results in the Historic 'C' class series!

I use Excel to make the tables (without cell dividers shown),
Then copy/paste the selected sections of the spreadsheet into Paintshop pro 9 as individual images,
Save each as a jpeg,
Upload to image-shack & use!

4 steps to get the same result without the colours.

To add the colours it would take 30 seconds to create the template, then the same 4 steps each race.

Not that the way you are doing it doesn't work, or look great. But you could save yourself a LOT of effort if you streamlined the way you did them by using the least number of programmes and therefore reduce the jpeg artifacts in your final images.
That in itself you improve the look of the tables.

Just a friendly pointer to a fellow series admin. 👍

Neil

Well,here they are for your special request.
These are the winner races from Carlito.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Carlito Sprint Race.max
    59.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Carlito Feature Race.max
    83.1 KB · Views: 13
Well,here they are for your special request.
These are the winner races from Carlito.
Enjoy!

Oh thanks! I'll try to watch it tomorrow. Maybe t will give me some good inspiration for the race in Monaco (as i haven't stared yet :guilty:) But anyways, cheers mate! :cheers:

I'll +rep you for giving the replay and being so helpful 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back