GTPClioCup: Round #2 - Suzuka Circuit ***RESULTS POSTED***

• Thread starter CAMikaze
  • 82 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Times sent to Chris.
Each race was completed 3-3 times...
Thanks GTXDriver. That makes it 2 times submitted. :D ::braces for the impending onslaught of submissions for the weekend:nervous:::

As for me, I have run the races 3 times each as well. I'll try to have Tyre King's advice in mind for the next few attempts.:sly:

First Splits from me today:

T1: 0'56.996
T2: 1'45.490

Nice Splits RACECAR!!
these are my best splits (best that I can remember):
T1 :58.0xx
T2: 1'48.2xx

I've only run each race once so far...:nervous:
I hope I get time to try again, they were pretty bad times! :ouch:

Oh darn it! I totally forgot to post anything here. Well i already did the qualifying and the race. I'll try to improve tomorrow and send it to CAMikaze. Buy boy oh boy, it is hard to race with AI at +10. I mean the grid looks competitive and i can get away from them during the 1st lap, but somehow later on in the lap, that 🤬 Renault Maxi Turbo 5 catch up! (in both the sprint race and the feature race) and i was like "what the 🤬?" because it could catch up from almost 8 seconds behind! My lap times didn't tumble as much (like maybe about 0.2-0.3 seconds) and the car was like a rocket! It shoot past me on the straight after the Spoon Curve! :mad:

Well I got one thing to say, its better if you guys race at +10. I mean sure it would be difficult, but the AI would try to push you to your max (just like i did :P) Well i tried racing with +7-8 and i left the AI way far away but my lap times were like 2'14.XXX and when i tried with +10, my lap times was around the 2'13.XXX bracket and can even get into the 2'12.XX bracket! :eek:

Well thats my 2 pence, :lol:

I am having enough problems already beating the AI at +5!! Don't know what's happening... I am able to get away from them in the beginning and even have about a 8 sec cushion. Then they start catching up and by the end of lap 6, the first of them is all over my tail. I was able to fend it off for a little more than a lap, but ended up finishing 2nd. Happened to me twice! And I am also doing most laps in 14s. Will definitely give it few more tries... may be try +10 for the heck of it... let's see.

I am having enough problems already beating the AI at +5!! Don't know what's happening... I am able to get away from them in the beginning and even have about a 8 sec cushion. Then they start catching up and by the end of lap 6, the first of them is all over my tail. I was able to fend it off for a little more than a lap, but ended up finishing 2nd. Happened to me twice! And I am also doing most laps in 14s. Will definitely give it few more tries... may be try +10 for the heck of it... let's see.

i did try with A.I at 10. y have some rx7 filling my mirror at all the times. You can get away, but (since you are having the same problems with the tires) they WILL destroy you at lap 9. As you said, is a smothness problem.

ok now to gt4, tomorrow is the deadline.
BTW: is nice to know that i am not alone with the tires issue.

P.S: One more time, sorry for my bad english. :dunce:

Times submitted

nige
And that makes it 4.;)
Well I got one thing to say, its better if you guys race at +10. I mean sure it would be difficult, but the AI would try to push you to your max (just like i did :P) Well i tried racing with +7-8 and i left the AI way far away but my lap times were like 2'14.XXX and when i tried with +10, my lap times was around the 2'13.XXX bracket and can even get into the 2'12.XX bracket! :eek:
It'll be interesting when the results come out as to which of us are faster. My best laps are in the 2'12.xxx range as well. :D

ok now to gt4, tomorrow is the deadline.
That is correct. Deadline is tomorrow night at 8 pm EDT, Midnight, GMT.:sly:

Did a few more laps, and just finished ahead of AI +7!! It was awesome... makes me a very happy person! The last two laps were just breathtaking... good fight. Don't know if I can do any better than that. But I still have more than half a day remaining, so I intend to make good use of it :)

Times sent, and some splits for the teasing:

T1: 0'56.089
T2: 1'45.234

Man, the sprint race was fairly peaceful, but the feature race was a nail-bitter. I had a awesome battle with the S2000. After the pits, he was in front as I was chopping down three seconds a lap and finally caught up and narrowly passed him before spoon on the last lap. Good Luck, everyone:tup:

Time submitted to CAMikaze!!! :)

Now i realized something. How come many people had to do pitstops? i didn't even have to do a pitstop during the feature race. Hmmmm, maybe i preserved my tires quite well, only my front tire just only got orange by the last lap (while my rear tire was like yellowish-orange) but amazingly enough i got the fastest lap time on the second last lap (as that 🤬 Renault 5 was catching up) so like eh? Well never mind, as long as i submitted my time is good enough and pray that i would get a good finish. :D

Now i realized something. How come many people had to do pitstops?

I don't think many people did pitstops. Only that the tires were worn out towards the end of the stint. I had the same problem initially, but in later attempts, I started to preserve the tires from the beginning and it was alright. Did lose about 4-5 seconds in my last lap compared to the best, but didn't need a pit stop.
I also just submitted my times. It was a fun race and I always love tackling the esses. So cross fingers for the official results...

Bummer.

Life has got in the way this race, and I've not been able to get comfortable to run the races, so no times this week.

I hope to run the races soon, the challenge of making the first complex fast and flowing without going grasscutting is one that I should enjoy, given a better mood and no guests.

V.

kyoani2cliosmallap4.png

From the Kyoto Animation Pits
Coming off the demoralizing first race weekend at Midfield, where the #42 team was disqualified for a technical violation, the crew was really looking forward to getting their act together at Suzuka, a favorite track of both driver and team.

Unfortunately the comedy of errors continued when the Clio Cup car was shipping mistakenly to the Suzuki headquarters in Japan instead of the Suzuka racetrack, and it took a few days to take the GSX-R/4 out for a test drive sort out the misunderstanding.

By the time the car arrived at the track the team had only two days to prepare the car, of which one was wasted on standardized testing of the not-racing kind.

Luckily CCY was right at home at Suzuka, a track which he frequently raced in more powerul cars for fun, and so he was able to adapt to the combination quite quickly.

"There's definitely a lot of time left out on the track, especially compared to the times of some of the more competitive drivers, but it was still an intense and entertaining drive," he was quoted as saying. "The tires were going away near the end of the feature race, but a pit stop wasn't necessary at all. Definitely something that worked in my favor, considering the quick pace of some of the other cars."

"All in all, it's a fun track to drive at 9/10ths, but really hard to get the full 10/10ths out of."

His fastest qualifying split in the second sector was in the mid-1'47s, and he averaged a mid-2'14 lap in the races.

Damn it!:ouch:

Missed the deadline! Sorry Chris, guys!:guilty:

Must try harder!

Neil

I believe the deadline is at 8:00 so you still got time, TK

Yup! my bad! Thanks CCY, really have to start paying more attention to things like EDT/GMT/CST etc.
:dunce:
Neil

Times in!

Sorry guys, my head's battered to buggery. Stressed out with foster-kid, step son, pregnant misses being stressed over the same things, really sore right knee (long story) & strong painkillers!

Neil

Times in!

Sorry guys, my head's battered to buggery. Stressed out with foster-kid, step son, pregnant misses being stressed over the same things, really sore right knee (long story) & strong painkillers!

Neil
Wow, you have as bad as I do this weekend(with the acception of hardware problems). I've got a headache just thinking right now.

Times were sent late but that happens ;) --- Randy

OK everyone, I have tabulated the results for the Round. But I have to wait for a response via PM from Optikal regarding his times before I post them.

In the meantime, I'll get to work on the Round 3 thread. Hope you're looking forward to racing in Monaco like I am.;)

Sorry about the confusion. I mistakenly put my best laps as 1 min and some seconds rather than 2 minutes and something. Guess that would have put me in the first place!! :dopey: :dunce: All clear now... too bad for me :( Damn these stewards are good. Couldn't they have let me off just this once!!??

So monaco... I hate that circuit. No time to enjoy the surroundings. And so easy to lose time on. I prefer the test track :P

Hey, where are those Hungarians anyways? I've only seen Fatomas submitting his times? Where is the others? As for Venari, well i'm sorry if life got in the way of your race, hope to see you compete in the next round. ;)

Dont wory my friend, the Hungarians will be there, we have sended the times to Camikaze...:):):)

Unfortunatly we havent a lot of time to race at Suzuka, because we had a TimeTrial race series on our Hungarian website...It was wery hard and Carlito lost, he was second...We went ElCapitan Reverse - CalsonicSkyline R32 +20%hp -10%kg...Crazy Bumpy Race

See you at Monaco...:):):)

Hy everyone! I hope for it they will be visible soon Suzuka times. I am curious onto the result. I am sorry for it only that I was able to be going yesterday on him simply quasi, was not more of my time. Trust in him that onto the next competition will be more. Good competition for everybody!

11 secs of penalty for me, but still happy, almost didnt send the times at all.
i have to pay now for running home in the old E38 M62, very close to 100 U.S dollars of (how do you say it in english when you are speeding and a */*/*//*/ cop stop you?? and give you a ticket and take away your drivers licence?)............ well but i make it.

P.S: one more time, sorry for my bad english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back