GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jav
Ok, teaser pic of Tat and I having some fun arround the Daytona24 course!

RileyDP.jpg

I'm on #68!

Oh.......My........Goodness!!!:)

Needs TCS for those on the DS3 but they're pretty fun.
I tested 4 GT1 cars so far and one of them has so much rear-end grip that even with no TCS the rear wheels don't spin at all while tires are fresh. Yes even at WOT mid-turn. The other 3 were pretty twitchy with TCS off but easier to turn. All 4 ran similar times at GP/F.

Could someone please share a base set-up for the RX-7 LM? This is the 5th car I'm testing and having trouble with both over and understeer, running 2s/lap slower.

Jav, have you decided on day/procedure for car selection?

I tested 4 GT1 cars so far and one of them has so much rear-end grip that even with no TCS the rear wheels don't spin at all while tires are fresh. Yes even at WOT mid-turn. The other 3 were pretty twitchy with TCS off but easier to turn. All 4 ran similar times at GP/F.

Using both sticks or the buttons for accel/brake?

I have driven a couple with no TCS and the diff mucked with and they're usually pretty good in a 2nd gear (fast 2nd gear...) or higher corner but the slow stuff its just bag em up city.

The Red Bull Sprint Series is now live, looking for stewards/officials too.

Last edited:
At the moment it's going to be 1st come 1st serve, Magzire and Hon will have priority on car and class. Other than that all of season 1 drivers have a secure spot in the championship.
If you guys would like to we could get a list going with everyones wishlist of 3 cars, so we can get an idea on availability.

Is there a complete list of cars in GT1?

Can we have a few days after the official list to pick cars.

Also when people pick. Be sure to pick two or three favorites.

Is there a complete list of cars in GT1?

Can we have a few days after the official list to pick cars.

Also when people pick. Be sure to pick two or three favorites.

Car selestion will remain open till Friday before the first race of the season.

Jav
At the moment it's going to be 1st come 1st serve, Magzire and Hon will have priority on car and class. Other than that all of season 1 drivers have a secure spot in the championship.
If you guys would like to we could get a list going with everyones wishlist of 3 cars, so we can get an idea on availability.

I can't decide whether I want to make the step up to GT1 or stay where I am in GT2!

Jav
So how's everyone liking the new GT1 specs?

Loving the Zonda R has great pace. Little heavy under braking. Looking like my main choice. I think im still faster in the BMW so its gonna be hard decision.

ultrap13

Could someone please share a base set-up for the RX-7 LM? This is the 5th car I'm testing and having trouble with both over and understeer, running 2s/lap slower.

I have a RX 7 set up u can use ...ill give it to u when I get home...

I'm just gonna throw my car selection out there
1st is the Zonda R ...even though I know both mag and hon are looking at this car
2nd is the RX 7

I like the Zonda, Viper, CLK from GT1 so far; for GT2 I'm in favour of the R8 thus far, but I want to play around with more of them before I make the final decision!

Blaze, and Jav what class are you 2 running in?

I like the Zonda, Viper, CLK from GT1 so far; for GT2 I'm in favour of the R8 thus far, but I want to play around with more of them before I make the final decision!

GT1 and the CLK-LM. If I had it my way. I would run in both classes at the same time. But something about the laws of physics doesn't agree with me on that one. however. if i was an electron i could be everywhere.

Man I think I'm liking the Citroen for GT2!

Main reason I want I Racing is for the daytona prototypes
Ohh man that thing is a blast to drive!! The Vette and Radical are pretty sweet too!

Nice pic Jav... and i think i will work on my paint lol

btw on the pic, your car is bottoming out :D
Tat that thing was sparking all trough the banking! Just crazy!! Got no clue on how that setup passes tech! Check out Team Shark's website, they got a pretty good setup data base!

Jav
Tat that thing was sparking all trough the banking! Just crazy!! Got no clue on how that setup passes tech! Check out Team Shark's website, they got a pretty good setup data base!

lol, yeah that's true ! I was following a guy today on Daytona and there was fireworks behind him lol. Imagine 80 min race with that noise in the cockpit lol, poor guy.

And I use the setup shared by Martin yesturday, raised the front a bit and stiffen the 4 corners by 3-4 clicks :sly:

As right now my choices are

GT1:

Z06( if I can get the push out of this car)

CLK( maybe should be my first choice)

Ford GT( love this machine however straight-line speed is subpar CLK and Zonda pull it even in draft.)

GT2:

NSX Proto LM (would love to see this in gt1 but it's a dream machine on Suzuka)

Personally I'd like to stick with the Viper Oreca in GT1 even though it's down 42 HP from Season 1. The Vette is tempting at 670 hp, fastest in a straight line, should rule on less twisty circuits. Zonda and CLK LM are definitely quick but somewhat throttle happy. Ford GT needs a few more ponies, why do you insist on 555 HP Jav? 555 is not even a selectable option..perhaps go with 571 or 581?

My least favorite are McLaren F1 GTR (slow overall) and the RX-7 (weird handling). Haven't tested the Nissan GT-R, yet.

I'll be out of town this weekend (16-17 Jul).

Personally I'd like to stick with the Viper Oreca in GT1 even though it's down 42 HP from Season 1. The Vette is tempting at 670 hp, fastest in a straight line, should rule on less twisty circuits. Zonda and CLK LM are definitely quick but somewhat throttle happy. Ford GT needs a few more ponies, why do you insist on 555 HP Jav? 555 is not even a selectable option..perhaps go with 571 or 581?

My least favorite are McLaren F1 GTR (slow overall) and the RX-7 (weird handling). Haven't tested the Nissan GT-R, yet.

I'll be out of town this weekend (16-17 Jul).

The most we could do for the Ford is 571 any more and it would just dominate the field. I'll test it out and let you guys know how everything goes!

Jav
The most we could do for the Ford is 571 any more and it would just dominate the field. I'll test it out and let you guys know how everything goes!

Basically give the Ford enough HP so it can draft and stay with cars and not get pulled.

As you mentioned it may just be the car handles so well it won't work.

Basically give the Ford enough HP so it can draft and stay with cars and not get pulled.

As you mentioned it may just be the car handles so well it won't work.

Yup, like I said any more will just make it too fast and dominant, it was proven a real contender all trough season 1 with 3 legitimate wins, 2 poles and a controversial win at Monza.

Jav
Yup, like I said any more will just make it too fast and dominant, it was proven a real contender all trough season 1 with 3 legitimate wins, 2 poles and a controversial win at Monza.
You're right the Ford GT did score wins and definitely has the highest cornering speed. I guess I was too focused on my own test results which may not be the best indicator due to my limited experience with the car. Perhaps 561 or 571 then to help just a bit with the top speed like Owens said.

The thread for season 2 has now been opened:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5596256#post5596256

I'd like to thank all of you who in one way or another took place in this series, it has been a great season with some real good class A racing and sportsmanship!
Congratulations to our season 1 champions Magzire and hon1984!! You guys did an exellent job!
Thank's to GTPlanet, this is a great community and thank's all of you for making ths possible!
Thank you Rich77 for serving as a steward on season 1, really appreciate all the help!
A very special thank's goes to MajikTom for creating this awsome design for our thread, we will always have an open spot for you on the GTPFIA my friend, thank you for all your help!

And with this I'd like to ask the moderators to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back