GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Jav
2) MitchF1GTR
3) Hon1987
4) Gogatrs
5) Sephy71
6) Magzire (GT1)
7)tr1mble
8)t_REX!
9) tissimo
10)Blaze_409
11) jepoks
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

I'll try to do some testing tonight, but my brother is having a sleepover which means he'll probably be on PlayStation...

gogatrs
I'll try to do some testing tonight, but my brother is having a sleepover which means he'll probably be on PlayStation...

Wrestle him for use of the ps3, that way you assert your dominance in front of him and his friends and u get the ps3. Double win!

hon1987
Wrestle him for use of the ps3, that way you assert your dominance in front of him and his friends and u get the ps3. Double win!

:D
I'll talk them into watching a movie or something. ;)

If they dont like that, well, let's call your idea plan b.

If theres a race next weekend (17th) wont be in town, but in for the season.
No problem Tiss, we might take that week off, or do half distance pre-season runs so you won't miss out.

anyone up for some testing of the new cars...GT1 or GT2....

GT1....Hey jav what are the hp specs for these cars?
Vette Z06 RM
Zonda R
Ford GT
McLaren F1 GTR
Mercedes CLK-LM
Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
RX-7 LM
Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car
BMW M3 GTR Race Car
Ok, this is off of the top of my head so I still need to check my notes before saying it is official:
Vette Z06 RM - 670/1150
Zonda R - 650/1150
Ford GT - 555/1150
McLaren F1 GTR - 600/1150
Mercedes CLK-LM - 600/1150
Viper GTS-R Team Oreca - 640/1150
RX-7 LM - 640/1150
Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car - 600/1150
BMW M3 GTR Race Car - 670/1150

I'm also strongly considering going to racing hard tires, so please let me know how you guys feel about it!

Sure racing Hard is ok. with me...Its the same for everyone anyway....lets get a room going....ill be on in about a minute....

1) Jav
2) MitchF1GTR
3) Hon1987
4) Gogatrs
5) Sephy71
6) Magzire (GT1)
7)tr1mble
8)t_REX!
9) tissimo
10)Blaze_409
11) jepoks
12) OwensRacing
13)
14)
15)
16)

As for tire:

I'd rather stay softs and remove traction control and driving line.

ok so hard tires are a bit silly at this Horsepower as me and Owens decided in the test room...Its not fun at all.....get in the test room and try it out and see what you guys think

As for tire:

I'd rather stay softs and remove traction control and driving line.

Driving aids are completely going away for season 2 regardless of tire choice.
Keep your toughts about tire choice coming, I wanna see everyones input on this!

Jav
Driving aids are completely going away for season 2 regardless of tire choice.
Keep your toughts about tire choice coming, I wanna see everyones input on this!

I'm not fussed at the end of the day. We can run sport hards if you want to really mix it up, it's your choice at the end of the day Jav, I just want to see some gooooood racing!

No more TCS huh? bummer....

I agree....I think we should just leave it the way it is with tcs and driving line..I don't use the line but I do use tcs, and obviously I didn't have an advantage with it ;) don't most race cars have a type of tcs anyways???

Also I'm voting for racing softs

I'm voting racing mediums at the minimum with atleast TCS+2.

I've got a hunch its a secret ploy by Jav to get me to get a wheel so I start racing on iRacing....I'm on to you Jav :sly:

Gt2 allow TCS? In Favor for the controller users and drivers that need it.

GT1 = ABS 1 only.

Soft tires.

Why I like these tired in this league. Cars have grunt. Serious power here. The soft tires let us put that power down! As well we can run much harder. Which is fun. The Hards leave you really soft on the car. Why it does require restraint. One can push these cars past a soft tire easy. So it's not like a band aid. It promotes faster lap times, closer racing, and more fun.

If had one league. This be it. Soft Racing, Powerful Car selection, excellent competition. Oh and great host.

Also didn't get a chance to congratulate the winners.

Congrats Magz and Hon!! Well done gentlemen.

Magz, the first lap was killer for me. However. It's part of racing. I should of been able to shake the heat. Apology says everything. Look forward at trying to dethrone you next season. :)

The new thread will be up in a few days, in the meantime lets get a list going for season 2, only of you participated on season 1 copy the list and paste your name in(copy this part too):

1) Jav
2) MitchF1GTR
3) Hon1987
4) Gogatrs
5) Sephy71
6) Magzire (GT1)
7)tr1mble
8)t_REX!
9) tissimo
10)Blaze_409
11) jepoks
12) OwensRacing
13) Shrugging_Atlas
14)
15)
16)

Sorry I couldn't make the last race. Too many real life issues at once. Any word on the GT1 specs and/or the new point system, yet? GT1 needs to stay with soft tires, it's slippery enough with all the grunt. TCS OFF should be interesting, IMO it will give an advantage to well balanced cars with lower HP limit (Ford GT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back