GTPL Crew Official Events Thread

• Thread starter Katiegan
  • 310 comments
Well, for as long as the peace lasted, it was quite good fun.

Would definitely do again (and will definitely bring the darn PS4 headset if it ever happens again)

So who else is hyped for the furthest inland sea vehicle competition I'll be hosting soon :lol:

Totally bringing my jetski to the financial district.

No cheating by stealing trucks with boats on the trailer.

It was fun. Will certainly be joining next time if I can:tup::cheers:

Also, thanks for the rally race :bowdown:That was the only thing I had left of my daily objectives

The event today was fun, although in the future we'll definitely need to choose spots that are going to have less/no AI going through and people need to stop bringing police into the car show. Enough car shows are ruined by police IRL, we don't need virtual car shows ruined by them as well! :lol:

I'm not going to lie, there were times where I was sort of hoping for people to rush to their cars and drive away when the cops arrived for the millionth time, just for the added cinematics.

I also love how pretty much every time I tried to go down via the downramp, you know, like anyone trying to be sane would do, I would run head-first into someone who decided to use the same ramp to go back up :lol:

12549109_1705766872968172_4605187226794699373_n.jpg
Man this looks fun, sadly I had to leave earlier. (Why I live in the wrong timezone.)

Just for the record, how many PS3 players are out there that would be willing to have an event of some sorts? Perhaps some sort of 'nostalgia' car show where you can only bring along cars and modifications that were available in the vanilla version of the game (e.g. no 'DLC' cars, no chrome rims, etc)

I am interested as well... I still have several original cars from the beginning!

EDIT: As far as car shows go, I think there should be more structure. Lord knows I love a good car show and really miss them but they all are the same... Bring out everything you own and then someone poops in the punch bowl. Shows should have a theme. Shows for only a certain class or "club" type show where only one make is allowed. It would be pretty cool the have a bunch of the same cars to show everyone's individual take on a certain car. Those that don't have that car can spectate and judge....

Last edited:
I liked the GTP car show but I agree it would have been better if people didn't constantly get the rozzers to ruin it. Maybe the next GTP event could be a race playlist or TDM or something.

If I could add my two cents, if we're going to do something like a car show, I'd suggest it being a passive mode event, or probably less extreme, no weapons event. I'm there to show off my car, no dodge flares, and RPGs and have the cops show up every five minutes. I know a lot of us put quite a bit of time a d GTA$ into our personal vehicals, I wanna show it off to people, not get it all smashed up and haveing to repair it/call Mohrs all that often. Like I said, just my personal opinion on the matter.

Anyhow, I hope we do a yacht party soon. I still haven't seen any of them in person, and I would very much like to.

There seems to be quite a few GTP'ers on just now. Do you guys want to get in a lobby and do some races?

I sent out a bunch of invites, see what happens

Edit: I was in a friends only session so sending invites again.

Last edited:
Funny you should mention races...

actual_1454081374.jpg

As this is a crew for a forum based on a racing game, and Rockstar are offering double cash on races, I thought now would be the perfect time to host a GTPL race event!

It's a bit last minute since Rockstar only released the details of this today, but I'm hoping we can still get a good turnout since a lot of members actively play GTA anyway.

Event Details
Tomorrow (January 30th) at around 7pm GMT (convert to your respected time zones, an hour earlier than last week's event FYI), I'll be hosting a 16-race playlist consisting of tracks featured in the Gran Turismo series. Some are based on real life tracks, others are based on the fictional ones made by PD. All races will be Super Class races, and while it's not required, I would prefer if only the Sultan RS and Banshee 900R were used. Since not everyone can afford such expensive garage queens, I will allow for other cars to participate, however, to make sure it's fair and nobody runs off in a T20, only cars with roughly the same performance as the Sultan RS and Banshee 900R (based on Broughy1322's stats) are allowed. To avoid confusion, below is a list of the eligible cars. Anybody racing in something else will be kicked from the event.

Cars Permitted:
  • Karin Sultan RS
  • Bravado Banshee 900R
  • Vapid Bullet
  • Coil Voltic
  • Pegassi Vacca
Only the cars listed above are allowed to be used. Catchup and Slipstream will be on to try and make things as equal as possible.

Tracks:
Here's the list of tracks that will be used in the order they'll appear in the playlist, along with links to the tracks on the Social Club in case you want to get some practice in.
  1. Autumn Ring Mini
  2. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  3. Cape Ring South
  4. Brands Hatch
  5. Trial Mountain Circuit
  6. Red Bull Ring
  7. Suzuka Circuit
  8. Circuit de la Sarthe
  9. Tsukuba Circuit
  10. Apricot Hill Raceway
  11. Special Stage Route 5
  12. Cote d'Azur
  13. Grand Valley Speedway
  14. High Speed Ring
  15. Tokyo R246
  16. Nurburgring Nordschleife

As always, play nice. These races will be standard races, not non-contact, although if we can't control ourselves I may change that. Obviously some pushing and shoving is inevitable, but don't pull moves like randoms do in public races.

Should be able to attend this. Annoyingly the only Super I own is the Turismo R, so, unless I can somehow earn 500k by tomorrow, then I'll most likely be using a stock Vacca or Bullet.

Wait I might be able to but how will I know where to join and when it happens I only have 1 GTP member as my friends list , I'm level 79 and username Lambo-CA10

Last edited:
Back