GTPlanet Lime Rock Hot Lap Board (750+ Times!)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 257 comments
Nowhere near beating some of you, but I just set a personal best of 1:05.794 on a wheel (besting my previous fast lap by almost a full second!).

01:04.644 - 2015 Audi S3 Sedan - 4WD - 500 - Saidur_Ali - Controller
For the clutch have you tried swapping handbrake and clutch buttons, I can't use the default buttons at all.

Still amazes me how you fast guys can get up to speed on any racing game so quick.
Yep changed to that, even though there are only a few gear changes on this short track, I do mess them up quite a lot. :lol:

Well you are still faster than me by a thousandth of a second, been close to beating your time quite a few times but seem to mess up the last corner often when I see my ghost ahead going into it. Even more annoying if the gap is by a few car lengths. :banghead:

Seem to do last corner better when I'm behind and came so close to beating your time by having a better exit speed on my current fastest lap. Hopefully I will beat that time .696 time even if you improve further, otherwise I might lose sanity as I'm always so close yet so far. :lol:

Edit: Managed to beat your time on my first complete lap this morning. :)
My biggest issue with using clutch on the controller is I've gotten into the habit of getting off throttle to change gears, since I played Horizon for so much time, and I liked the idea of being more realistic about my cruising.

Some great times posted, I'm just leaving work so I'll update them when I get home. Don't know how much time I'll get to improve my own lap... It's hard to go back to the demo now :D
The most annoying thing I find about using the clutch button is why is it faster to use it on F1 cars and this S3 car? Seems silly to me to be using on such cars in a "simulation" game.

Last edited:
I'll likely not mess with my time anymore. I can't stand the constant restarts. Sad because I know I can get it down, too.

Oh well it's not far from release.

@Saidur_Ali I know who's ghost I'll be using later then.

I'll likely not mess with my time anymore. I can't stand the constant restarts. Sad because I know I can get it down, too.

Oh well it's not far from release.

Hopefully the majority of rivals events in the full game will be like the previous games where you could continuously lap the track rather than having to go through all the animations each time you mess up. Have you gave the Ford GT at Rio rivals event a go? No restarting required there.

I'll likely be pushing to improve my time until the end as the only other game I'm not completely burnt out on is Monopoly Plus. :lol:

@Saidur_Ali I know who's ghost I'll be using later then.
Think it was a slow start of lap, probably slower than your lap all the way until right at the end so should be easy to get ahead off. Might try again if you beat me. Just went back to Assetto Corsa for another on GTPlanet hot lap competition, was fun using a wheel again.

Think it was a slow start of lap, probably slower than your lap all the way until right at the end so should be easy to get ahead off. Might try again if you beat me. Just went back to Assetto Corsa for another on GTPlanet hot lap competition, was fun using a wheel again.

Your turn :P. Was using someone's ghost just after beating yours who seems to gain speed on that last straight by staying on the rumble strips longer. I know I can get below the .5 mark but it's just stringing the lap together.

01:04.599 - 2015 Audi S3 Sedan - 4WD - 500 - lukas2121 - Controller

Your turn :P. Was using someone's ghost just after beating yours who seems to gain speed on that last straight by staying on the rumble strips longer. I know I can get below the .5 mark but it's just stringing the lap together.

01:04.599 - 2015 Audi S3 Sedan - 4WD - 500 - lukas2121 - Controller
Got closer with a 01:04.623. Seems to make car accelerate quicker them rumble strips although very slipperly, maybe a physics flaw. They just need to put some arrows pointing forwards on them. :lol:

Stringing together a decent lap is always the hard part and most time consuming unless one gets a lucky go. Now experimenting with Simulation steering which seems to help until you have to countersteer. Are you using Normal or Simulation steering?

Got closer with a 01:04.623. Seems to make car accelerate quicker them rumble strips although very slipperly, maybe a physics flaw. They just need to put some arrows pointing forwards on them. :lol:

Stringing together a decent lap is always the hard part and most time consuming unless one gets a lucky go. Now experimenting with Simulation steering which seems to help until you have to countersteer. Are you using Normal or Simulation steering?

I was pulling away from the guy on that last straight all while in 4th gear (I stayed on the tarmac, they had 2 wheels on the rumble strips) but by the time we'd reached the higher revs they were gaining quite quickly on me and ultimately passed me. Maybe the bumps are putting the car at a more ideal point on the power band? I must remember to abuse all rumble strips from now on. :lol:

I'm using normal steering, I don't really know the difference between them but when I used to race LMPs on FM4 I was always more consistent with normal so I just stuck with it from then. I don't think I've had to countersteer with the Audi so I may give it a go tomorrow on simulation.

I was pulling away from the guy on that last straight all while in 4th gear (I stayed on the tarmac, they had 2 wheels on the rumble strips) but by the time we'd reached the higher revs they were gaining quite quickly on me and ultimately passed me. Maybe the bumps are putting the car at a more ideal point on the power band? I must remember to abuse all rumble strips from now on. :lol:

I'm using normal steering, I don't really know the difference between them but when I used to race LMPs on FM4 I was always more consistent with normal so I just stuck with it from then. I don't think I've had to countersteer with the Audi so I may give it a go tomorrow on simulation.

The general consesus is the only difference is countersteering on simulation isn't assisted, which is why it's a nightmare to control. No one knows for sure though

I'm struggling to get out of the 1:04:7xx's, behind you from the get go really but turns 3 and 4 you seem to carry way more speed than me.

The general consesus is the only difference is countersteering on simulation isn't assisted, which is why it's a nightmare to control. No one knows for sure though

I'm struggling to get out of the 1:04:7xx's, behind you from the get go really but turns 3 and 4 you seem to carry way more speed than me.

I see you creeping up the leaderboard, I'm sure you'll get there soon!

Turn 3 is probably my most messed up corner, if you hit the inside kerb too hard it will throw you wide but if you're still thinking "I didn't use all the kerb there" then you end up losing so much time. And then on exit getting even one wheel on the grass can lose all momentum you carried through.

Turn 4 I just chuck the car in and hope it sticks, a good run through there uses a medium amount of the inside kerb, anything more and I end up clipping the tyre wall.

Turn in is much better with Simulation, was looking at some top replays and thought they can turn in way better so tried it and I seem to do first sector so much better with ease. Only last sector is really tricky as if using them rumble strips, getting any serious oversteer you lose control of car. Managed to improve but messed up second to last corner which cost me a lot of time and ranking positions but got good run on the rumble strips for final corner which allowed me to get back ahead of you. Think main competition is over now so I think that is it for me on this:

01:04.581 - 2015 Audi S3 Sedan - 4WD - 500 - Saidur_Ali - Controller

01:04.442 - 2015 Audi S3 Sedan - 4WD - 500 - lukas2121 - Controller

Finally got under the .5 mark! It feels so good when you get the last corner right. Not sure I can go much faster now, maybe a .3 at best.

01:04.442 - 2015 Audi S3 Sedan - 4WD - 500 - lukas2121 - Controller

Finally got under the .5 mark! It feels so good when you get the last corner right. Not sure I can go much faster now, maybe a .3 at best.
Well done on improvement, like I said before I won't be running again as main competition is over and by the looks of things I can't even if I wanted to going by what @Fat Tyre said. Think it would have been possible to do .3 with lap I posted above if I didn't mess up second to last corner, .1 probably if I did all the corners close to my best, would have interesting to see how it is with steering wheel though, last three corners look like they would be easy to do with one.

They took away Lime Rock rivals today from the demo :(

That's a shame I was really enjoying this short but difficult track. Does anyone know if the leaderboards are still available somewhere? I'd like to see where I actually ended up in the world, at last check I was 59th in Europe so maybe I just squeezed in to top 100?

Ah well, off to Rio or Sebring I guess.

Well done on improvement, like I said before I won't be running again as main competition is over and by the looks of things I can't even if I wanted to going by what @Fat Tyre said. Think it would have been possible to do .3 with lap I posted above if I didn't mess up second to last corner, .1 probably if I did all the corners close to my best, would have interesting to see how it is with steering wheel though, last three corners look like they would be easy to do with one.

Thanks. I think maybe even a .2 if you got a real good run on that corner, I know on one lap I came from 2+ car lengths back to pull equal to you out of that corner, only to mess up the last corner by attempting to take it flat out :ouch:. I did make an attempt with simulation steering and was consistently fast through the first section but couldn't go faster than my best with normal steering so just returned to what I'm used to.

I don't know if you've already said anywhere but are you planning to get the full game?

Thanks. I think maybe even a .2 if you got a real good run on that corner, I know on one lap I came from 2+ car lengths back to pull equal to you out of that corner, only to mess up the last corner by attempting to take it flat out :ouch:. I did make an attempt with simulation steering and was consistently fast through the first section but couldn't go faster than my best with normal steering so just returned to what I'm used to.

I don't know if you've already said anywhere but are you planning to get the full game?
I managed to get it really good that corner a few laps before doing this lap which made a bit more gutting and probably the worst I ever did on any of my 1:04 times by a big margin so maybe you are right about getting .2 with it. I remember seeing your .599 ghost quite far behind in the mirror and came out of the corner behind your ghost instead.

It is really tricky the last part with simulation so I stopped there as I know I could bin it even on the final straight on even a better lap and that would be even more gutting.

I'm not getting the game at launch, I don't particularly like the physics and controls. I had Forza 5 Limited Edition for a long time now but never really played it for same reasons and don't find it much fun. Would much rather play Assetto Corsa or pCARS. May get the game if there is some really good deal on it though but that might take a while. Wonder how the game will do on sales as demo doesn't seem to have many people playing Rivals and I remember Forza 4 Demo having a lot more people playing it. Given there was a big prize for this demo, it is a bit surprising so few played this challenge. Rooting for Daveyskills to win it if he is eligible as he is the only top ranking player I talked to in person before.

Wonder how the game will do on sales as demo doesn't seem to have many people playing Rivals and I remember Forza 4 Demo having a lot more people playing it. Given there was a big prize for this demo, it is a bit surprising so few played this challenge.
There are a lot fewer people who own Xbones than had a 360 at the time of FM4's release though.

There are a lot fewer people who own Xbones than had a 360 at the time of FM4's release though.
It is probably something like 20% or even lower and FM5 did have much more than 20% of the sales of FM4. Maybe download size is too big for many to download and also you have to complete the demo to get rivals but given there is incentives with this demo, really surprised by the number of players who attempted it so far.

Not much of an incentive if we're honest: it's a car worth about an hour's racing's of credits in the full game. I wouldn't doubt some people just didn't bother downloading because of the size of the game.

Not much of an incentive if we're honest: it's a car worth about an hour's racing's of credits in the full game. I wouldn't doubt some people just didn't bother downloading because of the size of the game.
Also get an exclusive livery I think and chance to win a copy of the game. If you were fast enough, there was 20 trips to Austin, Texas up for grabs for people who are eligible.

Also get an exclusive livery I think and chance to win a copy of the game. If you were fast enough, there was 20 trips to Austin, Texas up for grabs for people who are eligible.
I somehow feel you're overestimating the number of people who consider themselves fast enough to clinch a place at the Austin event if you're suggesting that it might make a great deal of difference to the numbers taking part in the Lime Rock competition or have much bearing on the people buying the game.

Drivers that skilled are a tiny minority of the gaming public. I'd be more interested in the attach rate of FM6 to new console buyers as I recall people saying that the Limited Edition Xbox doesn't come out until after the game's release.

I somehow feel you're overestimating the number of people who consider themselves fast enough to clinch a place at the Austin event if you're suggesting that it might make a great deal of difference to the numbers taking part in the Lime Rock competition or have much bearing on the people buying the game.

Drivers that skilled are a tiny minority of the gaming public. I'd be more interested in the attach rate of FM6 to new console buyers as I recall people saying that the Limited Edition Xbox doesn't come out until after the game's release.
Just a bit surprising given Forza 4 demo had much higher numbers. GT Academy 2012 and also 2013 download both had over a million player IDs, don't think small chance of winning stopped people trying at least. FM5 Rivals figures seemed really low a while back when I last checked so I won't be surprised if FM6 sells less than FM5 as the demo figures seem really low.

Can we please, just maybe, avoid turning yet another thread into a GT vs FM thread? As much as some users would prefer it?

Take it elsewhere.

Can we please, just maybe, avoid turning yet another thread into a GT vs FM thread? As much as some users would prefer it?

Take it elsewhere.
No intention of turning into such a thread. Concerning just to see for example this Forza Fuel challenge total participants less than 72,000 worldwide for final ranking. Might be one of the worst selling Forza games, maybe lowest even in franchise but I do see a lot of adverts for the game so will be interesting to see how well it does. Worst case they heavily discount it which is good for me. ;)

Forza 6 was one of the most heavily pre-ordered games on amazon according to this article I quoted a couple of weeks ago so if it's really doing that badly then the other games mentioned are also doing pretty badly. Like I said I'm not convinced the Forza Fuel numbers correspond that closely with how the game's selling but either way it sounds a bit early to write the game off to me.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/microsoft-...s-forza-rare-gears-among-most-popular-1507532

No intention of turning into such a thread. Concerning just to see for example this Forza Fuel challenge total participants less than 72,000 worldwide for final ranking. Might be one of the worst selling Forza games, maybe lowest even in franchise but I do see a lot of adverts for the game so will be interesting to see how well it does. Worst case they heavily discount it which is good for me. ;)

Forza 6 is the 5th biggest selling PC and videogame right now. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Wait a year and you'll get it for £30.. In the mean time il enjoy the best racer on console while you play it down.

Board News:
The 'Ring companion board is live, but I wanted to bring to everybody's attention two things: for FM6, we're going to try listing HP and weight with the submissions (it makes for interesting comparisons), and on Lime Rock, the Forza Fuel S3 times will be kept off the board, as they included the standing start time, so are not representative of what the board will end up looking like. That said, they'll be kept in the spoiler'd section forever, so I won't just drop them.

See you guys on track. :)

Latest Posts

Back