GTPlanet Lime Rock Hot Lap Board (750+ Times!)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 257 comments
00:59.374 - 93 Renault Clio Williams - 166 HP - 2064 LBS - FF - 400 - RPM Bibblefish - Controller

This should be capable of low 58's. Removing the race roll cage and adding more power i think should do it.

That is a seriously fast time, well done!

I've got a few times to add to the list, first with the stock cars:

01:00.555 - 2014 BMW M235i - 322 HP - 3208 LBS - FR - 476 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:59.823 - 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe - 335 HP - 3296 LBS - FR - 486 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

What a difference between these two. I've always figured the newer car was essentially a second generation of the first, but they feel almost unrelated on track. Being a "light M", the 2-series is softer, with more roll, and those tiny little tires let it down. The 1, despite being heavier, feels lighter on its feet, and grips for days. It's a joy to wheel around the track, and as an added bonus, other than shifting up to fourth on the straight, you can keep the thing in third for an entire lap.

Now, the modified cars, with two cars that are polar opposites:

01:01.945 - 1975 Ford Bronco - 237 HP - 2643 LBS - 4WD - 400 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:57.713 - 2005 Lotus Elise 111S - 173 HP - 1767 LBS - MR - 500 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

The Bronco was actually pretty game, sticking to Lukas' Juke's tail until the third corner. It's a little ponderous, but I had a lot of fun with it. Might give it a suitably lurid paint job and take it online racing.

The Elise might just be one of the cars they wipe from the boards. I can't believe how fast it is. I remember it being a Rivals monster back in FM4, but I honestly just love how really light cars feel, which is why I gravitate towards it. You're on the power all the time, and it just slices through turns at something like 10mph more than other cars I've driven in C. Braking too late can upset it, so smoothness is key. The first clean lap saw me at a 58.1, but I kept at it just because of how much fun I was having. I've never really delved into tuning in Forza until this game, so I have no idea if I've done a decent job of it. At the moment, this was 23rd in the Americas on the boards.

So I had a go in something I built to be ridiculous, a 2.0L turbo swapped Cooper with an AWD conversion. I was hoping for a blistering time but there was no way I could control it. Also this ended up happening:

Ia7yp2H.jpg

R Class
00:57.460 1965 Mini Cooper - 719hp - 1,787lbs - AWD - 872 - Joey D - Controller

And because I rather like having an LS1 swapped G van from the 80's, I thought I'd give this a go too

C Class
1:01.983 GMC Vandura - 556hp - 5,186lbs - RWD - Joey D - Controller

I haven't tried some of my crazier builds around here yet, topping out at the Elise actually. I suppose I've probably gone around Lime Rock in something faster by now, but not in any serious capacity where I've been concerned with my time.

I've got a stock car time to add:

01:01.936 - 1986 BMW M635CSi - 286 HP - 3329 LBS - FR - 399 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

It's a fun car, very forgiving yet still reasonably competitive considering it's stock. I'd be tempted to throw some heavy rims at it to scrape together some PI for an adjustable suspension...

I got a time in the Vandura as well, tuned to D400, but I didn't write it down, so I'll have to re-do. It was either a 1:01.9xx, or a 1:02.xxx.

Weekly challenge:

00:58.371 - 2014 Volkswagen Golf R - 301 HP - 3280 LBS - 4WD - 500 - lukas2121 - Controller

Could probably get that down to a .1 but the motivation just isn't there for me, there's too many other things to do in this game.

Weekly challenge:

00:58.371 - 2014 Volkswagen Golf R - 301 HP - 3280 LBS - 4WD - 500 - lukas2121 - Controller

Could probably get that down to a .1 but the motivation just isn't there for me, there's too many other things to do in this game.
That's exactly why I've been missing from these. I'm still stuck in all the things to do. Been really stuck on tuning this time around, I almost start up a new one each time I'm on :lol:

Tried a few tunes of my own but really its so time consuming, if starting from scratch.
This little Clio car/tune was lots of fun. Rather amusing seeing so many varied tunes all being rather competitive in lap-times, some more suited to others preference.

While I'm new to the whole Forza XB1 situation, trying to adapt to a controller, then to manual gears and finally to manual clutch. I miss having a wheel.

00:59.853 - 1993 Clio - 166 HP - 1,937 LBS - FWD - 400 - Wheel Nut UK - Controller

Bit late as think this was last weeks and ended but enjoyed getting my own laptime down by almost 3 seconds from day 1 of having the console.

Forza 6 installing for me right now. I was planning to run this week's challenge but it's a bit late.

If I do some laps in my starter car will I be included? I want to get as much Lime Rock action as possible.

My time still isn't up on the weekly starter car challenge robot! Sort it out bruv! :D

It *is* on there, I just mistakenly put it on the Modified board. Thank you for your patience.

Forza 6 installing for me right now. I was planning to run this week's challenge but it's a bit late.

If I do some laps in my starter car will I be included? I want to get as much Lime Rock action as possible.

I don't think anybody will object, so I'd say go for it. 👍
Everybody is more than welcome to add starter car times (or indeed, any Weekly Challenge times) after the respective week is over - it just won't show up in the WC board, it'll go straight to the big main. Which now has 30 times on it, way to go guys!

Also, @Joey D - You're the first person to hit a tie time (with yourself), so I've put the car that has a lower PI above, as it seems like more of an accomplishment. I'll need the PI for that Vandura, though.

I'll be integrating the Challenge times into the full leaderboard on Sunday. So, @Im_Lukas, you get to pick Week 2's challenge (unless @dylansan beats you :P).

I'll be integrating the Challenge times into the full leaderboard on Sunday. So, @Im_Lukas, you get to pick Week 2's challenge (unless @dylansan beats you :P).

If I'm not beaten then how about S class Ford GTs, as in the 1966 Ford GT40 MkII, 2005 Ford GT or 2017 Ford GT, all modified up to S800. Just thought it could be fitting given the cover car being the 2017 GT and many of us getting the car free from the demo.

Also, @Joey D - You're the first person to hit a tie time (with yourself), so I've put the car that has a lower PI above, as it seems like more of an accomplishment. I'll need the PI for that Vandura, though.

I didn't even notice that. It's 499 in the C class though.

Don't worry about me beating any times at the moment. I'm having too much fun in career mode to bother with hotlaps just yet. Plus my S2000 gave me a lot of trouble with oversteer. Maybe once I get more practice I'll come back to it.

As for this week, I'll have to see if I can rack up enough cash for a GT. Doubtful, but I'll try.

Stock time:

01:02.710 - 1957 Ferrari 250 California - 262 HP - 2315 LBS - FR - 363 - lukas2121 - Controller

This car is really nice to drive stock, lots of body roll in the corners but it's quite easy to slide around.

I'm getting the new Challenge up now. :)

I've got a bunch of times to add, two from each category. Let's start with the slowest ones:

01:10.318 - 1981 Ford Fiesta XR2 - 84 HP - 1852 LBS - FF - 245 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

Ugh. If anybody needs a pristine example of why an LSD is handy in a front-drive car, this shall be your lesson. Despite not even cracking the triple-digits of pony power, this thing would bleed off power if I applied full throttle with the wheels pointing more than a hair's width in either direction. That could be in third gear, at over 60mph. It could be on the Uphill, tag-teaming with gravity to sap seconds from my time. It was a miserable drive. On the plus side, it still looks cool in a way only an 80's warm hatch can, and I learned FM6 has a very precise tire noise for when you're murdering the poor rubber. So, yay?

01:08.066 - 1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra - 139 HP - 2669 LBS - FR - 256 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

What a difference 11 PI points, and a set of wheels unburdened of delivering power and simultaneously steering, makes. I realized I didn't have one of these in my garage yet, despite it being a favourite autocross machine in FM4, and I was surprised by the time. It can definitely crack into the 67's with a skilled driver behind the wheel. Sure, it won't be threatening much of anything on this leaderboard, but to put over two seconds on the Fiesta was impressive. It also doesn't sound half bad, even if you do still kind of pity the thing. Which I'll get back to in a bit...

01:01.358 - 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT - 210HP - 2358 LBS - MR - 400 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

Onto the modified stuff. The Dino's very lightly breathed upon, as I wanted it to maintain that road car feel. That's going to be a constant theme with my modified times, so while I recognize the road-biased ones will likely never challenge the pointy end of their classes, I love driving them too much to stop. The Dino's soft, and very long-legged (first gear goes up to nearly 60mph), but it's such a joy to toss through curves that you don't really mind. This particular one did most of the second volume in the Career: I did a race or two with my D400 250 GTB, but it just wasn't the right blend of competitive and enjoyable. The Dino's times are respectable - enough to hang with the lousy glitched Drivatars, at any rate - so I'm satisfied with its spot.

00:57.723 - 1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra - 199 HP - 2293 LBS - FR - 500 - SlipZtrEm Controller

Hail to the King! :D
Okay, it isn't top of the class - the Elise was a scant hundredth faster - but who would've thought this would clean up as well as it did? Yes, I used it a lot in FM4 for Autocross demolition (it could receive the 5.4L V8 swap, giving it an even power/torque number, with a wide powerband, and massive tires), but this is still running the stock engine, upgraded it may be. It is running huge tires as well though, I think 275's. Despite carrying half a ton more than the Elise (compared to only 27 more horses in the corral), it feels very similar in the way it just floats through turns, seemingly not even slowing down. A lot of turns just need a gentle lift to get the nose locked on line, with the tail never threatening to outrun you. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this thing. This is quite the specific achievement, but it's an achievement nonetheless: at the time of running the lap, it was the 2nd-fastest Mustang II in C Class in the Americas (sitting at 32nd overall).

Modified:

01:01.704 - 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio Verde - 123 HP - 2580 LBS - FR - 300 - lukas2121 - Controller

Was not expecting a time like that in E class. The amount of grip this thing has is insane although that's to be expected as I could fit racing tyres and max tyre width within the PI limit. I think it can handle all but the first two turns flat out however a lift on turn 5 keeps it off the kerbs and let's you carry more speed through.

Edit: (2 more times, still modified)

01:01.639 - 2011 Ford Transit SuperSportVan - 278 HP - 3516 LBS - FR - 400 - lukas2121 - Controller

Only just faster than the E class Alfa but considering it's a van I'm quite happy with its performance. Even though I did add racing brakes I'm shocked at just how good the braking was.

00:56.765 - 2009 Ford Focus RS - 337 HP - 2925 LBS - FF - 600 - lukas2121 - Controller

I don't know what it is that makes me think B class is always best for FWD vehicles but this car has certainly backed up that thought. I had a look at the aero options but they didn't look right to me so decided on building this car without aero. The car is very well behaved and turned out better than expected, especially when I had read about people having problems with lift-off oversteer in this car.

Last edited:
I suppose I'll make sure there's at least one time in this weekly challenge:

00:52.413 - 1966 Ford GT40 Mk II - 643 HP - 2628 LBS - MR - 800 - lukas2121 - Controller

Both of the newer cars I found much easier to drive, this one would punish me for the smallest mistakes but it felt much more rewarding when I got it right.

Stock times for some of the 'extreme offroad' vehicles... like taking a weightlifter to a 100m sprint, probably

01:01.387 - 2012 Bowler EXR S - 550 HP - 3,858 LBS - AWD - 567 - Chuck155111 - Controller

01:03.490 - 1968 Dodge Charger Fast & Furious Edition - 650 HP - 3,671 LBS - RWD - 501 - Chuck155111 - Controller

01:04.146 - 2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter - 430 HP - 3,800 LBS - RWD - 400 - Chuck155111 - Controller

01:07.591 - 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor - 450 HP - 5,700 LBS - AWD - 325 - Chuck155111 - Controller

01:30.615 - 2014 Terradyne Gurkha LAPV Fast & Furious Edition - 300 HP - 16,499 LBS - AWD - 185 - Chuck155111 - Controller

Bowler is an all round nice thing to drive a speed, a bit wobbly and you end up balancing the magnified understeer/oversteer you get with high weight and soft suspension, but the AWD helps.

The Charger is a Pro 2 short course chassis with a B-Body on top BUT THOSE TAILLIGHTS ARE NOT FROM A '68 ARE THEY T10, which immediately makes it the best vehicle in the world. Problem is, it uses every kerb as an opportunity to cock a front wheel, which makes it very unstable indeed and easy to ruin a lap.

I was expecting the Rally Fighter to be another Charger, but the Fighter feels a lot softer and plainly rolls a lot more. Has less of a problem with three-wheeling thanks to a lack of rigidity; this is more of a desert-wafting trophy truck than a tighter LOORRS racer. Turns out it's actually simpler to drive than the Dodge - it doesn't jump and lurch, and the power is less volcanic. Very satisfying to hold in a slight drift through 1 and 2.

Raptor is easily the nicest to drive around a track thanks to being closest to an actual car. Very easy to get into a rhythm where you can knock tenths off. Just not fast, at all, especially when the competition is so much lighter.

The Gurkha is just stupid.

Let's extend this one to the weekend, to get some folks involved. I'll probably post a time in a bit for it, as well as for some of the new cars.

So, now that the GT350R is fixed, I gave it a quick go. Took a few laps to get re-accustomed to FM6, since I've been fiddling with the GT6 track creator all week, but this is such a glorious combo:

00:57.056 - 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R - 538 HP - 3660 LBS - FR - 656 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

(EDIT) Ha! Got half the new pack out of the way.

01:09.372 - 2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine - 304 HP - 5500 LBS - FF - 270 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
01:10.687 - 1967 Volvo 123GT - 115 HP - 2515 LBS - FR - 223 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:52.302 - 1994 Nissan #75 Cunningham Racing 300ZX - 780 HP - 2705 LBS - FR - 828 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
00:53.670 - 1967 Honda RA300 - 420 HP - 1301 LBS - MR - 767 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

(EDIT 2) Good lord, I've gone E Class crazy. See the OP for an idea of what I mean: I've added roughly 8 or 9 cars just today. It's been fun, working my way up. They're by no means great times since most of them were set on the 3rd or 4th lap, but it's hard to argue that I haven't gotten into a groove. I've since moved on to modifying the Amazon:

1:01.954 - 1967 Volvo 123GT - 142 HP - 2162 LBS - FR - 300 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

I need to dial out a little oversteer still, but @Im_Lukas, I was seeing gains on your ghost in each turn, it was just a matter of stringing them together. My next day off, I'll try to get it together. Right now though, it's good enough for 17th in the Americas.

Last edited:
Pardon the double-post, but this warrants it IMO:

The Hot Lap Leaderboard Google Sheet

So far I just have the Stock one - the Modified will be a coming, soon. The driver list auto-populates based on the main board, so you'll be able to keep track of how many runs you've done, and in which class. I'm going to work on a "Fastest" sheet soon too, covering what's bolded and italicized here.

1:01.954 - 1967 Volvo 123GT - 142 HP - 2162 LBS - FR - 300 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

I need to dial out a little oversteer still, but @Im_Lukas, I was seeing gains on your ghost in each turn, it was just a matter of stringing them together. My next day off, I'll try to get it together. Right now though, it's good enough for 17th in the Americas.

Nice time, I've started working on my own Amazon for E class, will be interesting to see how our builds differ once I've finished it.

Right now I'm in love with the Honda RA300, will be taking that round Lime Rock soon, as well as a couple of times for the Ring which I need to note down.

Nice time, I've started working on my own Amazon for E class, will be interesting to see how our builds differ once I've finished it.

That it will. I tried to go for something fairly balanced. I've got two in my garage actually; one in C Class with the E46 engine swapped in just felt like too sweet of a ride to ignore!

Right now I'm in love with the Honda RA300, will be taking that round Lime Rock soon, as well as a couple of times for the Ring which I need to note down.

The Honda's a blast. I don't doubt you'll beat my time, but it's so enjoyable, I'd say we both win.

Finished up the stock E Class cars that currently populate my garage:

01:04.751 - 1968 Fulvia Coupé Rallye 1.6 HF - 130 HP - 1815 LBS - FF - 300 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
01:04.755 - 1973 Renault Alpine A110 1600s - 123 HP - 1576 LBS - RR - 287 - SlipZtrEm - Controller
01:04.811 - 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo - 168 HP - 2381 LBS - FR - 300 - SlipZtrEm - Controller

The Fulvia felt slow, but apparently wasn't. The A110 felt pretty quick, and very nearly won out. The BMW felt fast in the straights, but its crap brakes and pipsqueak tires undid any advantages it may have had.

Was going to move on to D Stock, but maybe I should take a break!

Modified:

00:55.477 - 1939 Auto Union Type D - 518 HP - 2852 LBS - MR - 700 - lukas2121 - Controller

00:51.608 - 2015 Ford #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X - 668 HP - 3152 LBS - FR - 800 - lukas2121 - Controller

The Falcon was using my tune for Sonoma so hits the limiter down the main straight so I may come back and improve on that some time.

Stock:

00:52.081 - 1967 Honda RA300 - 420 HP - 1301 LBS - MR - 767 - lukas2121 - Controller

That lap felt right on the limit, maybe at a push I could get in to the 51s. Probably the easiest to drive of the old F1 cars IMO.

Wooohoo, I beat your time @SlipZtrEm! I think I could have gone on 51.xxx but I tried to go very easy on the last turns so as not to mess up my lap. A one hit wonder for me but I'm sure you'll be able to beat my time again for a few seconds.

Stock:

00:52.138 - 1994 Nissan #75 Cunningham Racing 300ZX - 780 HP - 2705 LBS - FR - 828 - Fat Tyre gtr - Wheel

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back