GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 925 comments
Need some help. So I downloaded these two mods the Subaru Legacy GT300 and Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GT300 mod for Super GT GT300 class and apparently they won't appear on the game. I checked the .car files and they were classed correctly. Any solutions? I also double checked the files and there were no missing files when I extracted it. I also tried looking around NoGripRacing for solutions but it's no good as well.

Check whether the HDC's, engine files and so on are named correctly. That happens a lot.

Hi folks,

My roommate has allowed me to abscond with his G920 while he's away, and I'm using it for GTR2.

I have to have everything at maximum sensitivity to make things work with the 900 degree steering however - what can I do to make it work with the game better?

Please remember that I'm a dunce who doesn't usually have a wheel, so the simpler the explanation the better.

Hey, I hope this isn't too late. But have you tried changing your wheel rotation from the Logitech profiler? I see you're borrowing the wheel so you might not have the software - just go to Logitech site or google it.

The cars in GTR2 are race cars so they don't make use of full 900 degree steering. More like 450-540. Personally I find 450 degree works best with the default steering lock (from in-game car settings) so you don't need to fiddle with every car.

Hope that helps 👍

@adam46

I apologize for the late reply but....

So I did what you said on checking out the .HDC, engine files, etc. if they're named correctly and they are yet those two cars still won't appear. Any more solutions?

@adam46

I apologize for the late reply but....

So I did what you said on checking out the .HDC, engine files, etc. if they're named correctly and they are yet those two cars still won't appear. Any more solutions?

CAS file or Genstring errors?

CAS file or Genstring errors?
Could you be the one to look into the mods I mentioned and see where the error coming from? I really don't have the time right now to look into the mod problems. I want a fast solution that's all.

Could you be the one to look into the mods I mentioned and see where the error coming from? I really don't have the time right now to look into the mod problems. I want a fast solution that's all.
Just run a trace file and message me the results.

Well this is sad. The modeler (or should I say a girl) who did the two mods I mentioned no longer models cars for any sim racing game so there goes my chances of asking.

If only someone knows an alternative mod/skin pack that contains the real life itasha Super GT cars and newer GT300/GT500 SGT cars then maybe I wouldn't be in this position right now.

Well this is sad. The modeler (or should I say a girl) who did the two mods I mentioned no longer models cars for any sim racing game so there goes my chances of asking.

If only someone knows an alternative mod/skin pack that contains the real life itasha Super GT cars and newer GT300/GT500 SGT cars then maybe I wouldn't be in this position right now.
From what I've heard she actually passed away a few years back.

It can be either both but all I know is that she just probably either faked her death or she is dead. Overall I'm leaning towards on what @Silver-Sylph said.

But still sad to see Izukon no longer doing mods for any racing simulators. Her Super GT mod is the best work that she ever made.

It can be either both but all I know is that she just probably either faked her death or she is dead. Overall I'm leaning towards on what @Silver-Sylph said.

But still sad to see Izukon no longer doing mods for any racing simulators. Her Super GT mod is the best work that she ever made.

It's been debunked that she's a phony. Doesn't devalue their mods though.

Hey, I was just organizing some GTR2 pick up races and was wondering if anyone was interested, we'll be running NGTs (and the comparable G2s) for 45 minutes around Enna Pergusa, if anyone wants more info, I can dm the link to my discoed server from were it's run

There is no "Easy" course in the GTR games, but if there was such one, it would be Enna Pergusa. I considered that the "easiest" course from the very first GTR. The one thing you need to be careful of is to not plow into the tire barriers at the chicanes. You can (and will) face terminal damage by simply plowing into those tire barriers.

It really speaks volumes just how much games like GTR2 are still played and loved. I admit that part of why I have been slow at making stuff for GTR2 because I been so focused on making fantasy series. I am now simply thinking of just making skins and stuff. What I may one day want to accomplish is making a track for GTR2. So I am still studying how courses are made and thinking of how to make something purely authentic. Making any kind of mod is very hard work and can take a while to make something of great quality. However, I don't think it will be too much a stretch to develop something even for an aging game. Again- great people still are playing and enjoying GTR2 even in this age of Assetto Corsa and Project CARS.

Have fun with that NGT race at Enna Pergusa! :)

Ok, so we're doing another race this weekend, Lotus Elises at Donnington National for 30 mins. Again, if anyone is interested, shoot me a quick DM and I can give you my Discord

So this week we're running Saleen S7s, Viper GTS-Rs and Corvette C5-Rs at Dubai National, time will be Saturday 3 PM EST, hope to see some of you guys there!

JERACERX, you deserve cheers for keeping GTR2 active with these races. I haven't found the time to return to GTR2, but I surely want to return to making skins. I even still aspire to make a track for it as well. Anyhow, good job continually offering races!

Hello folks - a weird issue is blighting my game at the moment. It turns on normally, but towards the end of the tracks' loading process it is kicking me out with a pop-up telling me about a runtime error. The trace file doesn't seem to be providing any clues, other than the two lines below, which appear a few times throughout...

AnimationAct 203: GMT and EFX meshes diff too much.
SteeringAnim 660: Error loading ExtDriver-ShiftR_M.lma.

However, that also sometimes comes up on successful track loads too, so I'm not sure if that's actually an answer to anything.

There's nothing irregular in the trace at the point it kicked me out.

Is it just as simple as reaching the limits of the game? Am I just being unrealistic in asking it to run 70 cars from EEC and other mods with relatively new car models?

EDIT: Also, folks, when I lower the number of cars to, let's say mid-50's, it loads up. However, once I try and look at the timing tab in the garage it crashes again. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Is it just as simple as reaching the limits of the game? Am I just being unrealistic in asking it to run 70 cars from EEC and other mods with relatively new car models?

Yes.

The only reason really you get runtime errors with GTR2 is when the game has run out of memory, you can try the 4gb patch which will help but EEC models are very heavy for GTR2.

GTR 2 Super Touring World Tour

I’m organizing a supertouring league in GTR 2 that will run 9 rounds and cover tracks from around the world.

Schedule:

Test Race at Valencia 3/11

Laguna Seca 3/18

Curitiba 3/25

Bathurst 4/1

Fuji 4/8

Macau 4/15

Kyalami 4/22

Diepholz 4/29

Monthlery 5/6

Brands Hatch Indy 5/13

The mod we’ll be using covers a variety of series over the 90s and beyond, and car choice will be fully open. As a result there will be 3 classes in the championship:

Class A: 1998 and beyond

Class B: 1995 - 1997

Class C: 1990 - 1994

The cars in this mod are not balanced and have realistic performance compared to each other, to combat this in there will be the Golden Banana Cup, a subclass for grossly uncompetitive cars. Any points scored within the main class will be transferred to the Golden Banana table.

1st: 15
2nd: 12
3rd: 10
4th: 8
5th: 6
6th: 5
7th: 4
8th: 3
9th: 2
10th: 1

The Google sheet posted here contains links to all mod and track downloads plus a link to my discord server where announcements are made:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SXfpN3onc5hb--VKJFgoqzQZOGet2lkWGTOvPDLWL_I/edit#gid=919564030

To sign up, fill in your name and car information, and also if the car counts for Banana Cup (ask me)

There will be two 30 min races per round, with race 2 having a reverse grid.

There will be a 15 min qualifying session to determine race 1 positions.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. My replays in GTR2 run far from smooth. I have a lot of stuttering and frameskips while my machine is largely capable of running this game. When playing there is no issue, only when watching the replays. I run the Steam version on W10 and I have an I5 and 8GB of ram.

To add: tried Race07 on max settings. No issues present.

Any ideas where to look?

Last edited:
Hello all,

I wanted to tell you about a multiplayer series that is starting on the one and true platform for classic GT racing: GTR 2!
biggrin.gif
This is actually the same group of racers that JERACERX posted about previously here.

For the series we will be using an updated American Le Mans Series 2000 Mod. The cars are not balanced so the BMW V12 LMR will be faster than the (still rather excellent) Ascari A410.
tongue.gif
But we're racing just for fun so it doesn't matter!

We race on Sunday evenings. We have an enthusiastic group of about 8–10 people that join the races, but we hope to attract more people to drive with us!

The first championship round (endurance race at Sebring) will be held tomorrow, on April 07, 2019. After that, races will take place weekly and the calendar takes us to places like Mosport, Laguna Seca, and Adelaide.

Basic series info:

Qualification starts: 20:00 GMT / 3:00 p.m. EST

Qualification length: 10 minutes
Race length: 70 minutes

For more info about how to join the races with us, please join the Discord server:
https://discord.gg/JNDHWF7

If you want to join the championship, please use the Google document. The Google Doc includes download links to the mod and instructions on how to setup the game. Enter your name in the list of participants and select a car:

Championship table:

We have a very international group and communicate in English.

Thank you and we hope that some of you will come to race with us.
smile.gif

Happy racing!
smile.gif

Pekki

Back