Has ever a Gran Turismo game been relatively easy/quick to get all cars?

• Thread starter RacingFan1
  • 142 comments
Joking? Gt sport was really hard to get all multi millions cars, unless you grinded like a madman several hous a day repeating the same race over and over again. And they never gifted you those expensive cars in the roulette
My son won the Jag XJ13 in roulette.

It isn't about ease or speed. It's about having more races to complete to earn more credits to give the illusion of ease or speed.

Joking? Gt sport was really hard to get all multi millions cars, unless you grinded like a madman several hous a day repeating the same race over and over again. And they never gifted you those expensive cars in the roulette
Oh please... The only cars I bought in the game were those multi million cars when I reached the 20 mil cap.
Sure don't have all those "millionaire cars" but pretty much the majority of Gr. 1, Gr. 2, Gr. 3 and Gr. 4, so pretty much all the Sport Mode needs covered.

Funny thing, don't have a car yet to be competitive on Nostalgia Cup.

Also, I am 46 years old and have played GT since beta. You asked if it was ever easy to make money in previous GT's and the answer is yes.
Read title. I asked if there was a GT game where collecting ALL cars was easy and quick, the answer is no, in all of them you had to play and grind a lot

Read title. I asked if there was a GT game where collecting ALL cars was easy and quick, the answer is no, in all of them you had to play and grind a lot
And now you have to play and grind much much more than you ever have to before to get the very same cars.

Or you can buy them with real money of course........

It's funny because grind in F2P games (which this is) is usually targeted at teenagers and pre-teens because most adults don't have the time to put thousands of hours into one game.

Last edited:
I don't even think the price of Legend cars is THAT major of an issue; GT7 is supposed to be a long term game/service after all. It's just being heavily exacerbated by the fact that the game just slashed credit earnings with pretty much nothing else to do right now.

There 100% needed to be additional events to go along with a change like that, to walk the walk, after saying you don't want players to grind single events. Now GT7 has set the stage for a week of outrage, some of which was complete downtime of the game entirely. Perfect storm right there.

The bad PR is a bit depressing for me because it's otherwise a pretty good GT compared to previous titles, and is an excellent foundation to build upon compared to games like GT5 and 6 which were heavily incomplete at launch, but weren't as egregious with their MTX's, and as a result are looked back on more fondly right now.

Last edited:
Never mind the fact that literally zero people are complaining about not getting all the cars fast, I still say it was incredibly easy to get all the cars in GT4. And GTS would have been easy as well I think if I had spent any time in it. I have a bunch of the cars and stay about 5 mil cr pretty easily. The fact that you could not upgrade cars in the same way in GTS means nearly all of the money you earn goes towards getting the cars. Again, no one is asking to get "all" the cars easily. All we want is a reasonable reward for our time spent in the game. Yes, driving is fun, it is way more fun in GT7 than in GTS even. The fact that you fanbois keep coming in here and trying to defend these business practices is mindblowing to me.

Actually the answer is "yes", but you just straight-up ignored it.
How are you defining "easy", "quickly", and "relatively"?

"Relatively" alone absolutely savages the point, because there will be some games where it's easier and some where it's harder - therefore some will be "relatively easy/quickly" compared to others. Indeed relative to GT7 and GT Sport, the answer is an overwhelming "yes".
So... if you're not interested in discussion and only want to listen to bad takes that reinforce your own... what's the point of this thread?

Actually the answer is "yes", but you just straight-up ignored it.

So... if you're not interested in discussion and only want to listen to bad takes that reinforce your own... what's the point of this thread?
Which game and how much time? And it has to be by grinding for sure

Last edited:
Quite sure the answer is NO
GT2: 20-25 minutes. You can now afford the most expensive car in the game.
GT4: B-Spec.
GT5: B-Spec.

Thread dedicated to teenagers who complain about this.
Yes, I don't think anyone expected anything more from this thread when they saw who the OP.

Check out each and every single other GT game.
Other than GT Sport, I have. You're wrong.

I dont have the exact numbers
If you did you probably would have had some self-preservation kick in before saying so many dumb things so self-assuredly.

So for anyone here angry, wanting all cars easily, I'm afraid you got into the wrong franchise.
So you made your own entire thread dedicated to arguing with a point no one made in the first place after embarrassing yourself so badly in the other one.

This one is amusing because you're making a strawman against your own thread.

Last edited:
Which game and how much time?
Weird. You're asking me a question but not actually answering the ones I posed you to help me answer it...
How are you defining "easy", "quickly", and "relatively"?

"Relatively" alone absolutely savages the point, because there will be some games where it's easier and some where it's harder - therefore some will be "relatively easy/quickly" compared to others. Indeed relative to GT7 and GT Sport, the answer is an overwhelming "yes".
And it has to be by grinding for sure
Why? Because you say so?

Aside from the fact that past games were objectively easier to earn money and had cheaper cars, I have not seen a single person complain that they can't buy all cars extremely quickly.
By easy and quick i mean something like... 50 hours, lets say around a month. Or two at most
Have you seen anyone say that it should take 50 hours to buy every car in GT7? If not I don't know what your point is.

Last edited:
Then yes, GT1 and GT3, as well as GT4 Prologue, GT Concept, GT5 Prologue, and GTHD.
I dont count prologues as proper titles... and GT1/GT3 were the shortest but pretty sure they took more than 2 months unless you go "efficient grinding mode", which didnt happen the first ever time you played it.

Last edited:
GT Sport. You literally get a car every day from the roulette wheel just for driving a few laps. Between that and the credits, outside of the super rare cars you can pretty much get any car you would want to drive with not too much effort.

Which makes going from that to what GT7 is that much worse.

Which game and how much time? And it has to be by grinding for sure
I was a billionaire in GT6 through regular gameplay. Every car bought and a weird fixation buying Miura's. At last count, I had about 60 of them at 15 million each.

GT5 was harder but even then, I still bought every car long before the game reached EOL through normal gameplay.

If you're playing devil's advocate for GT7, good luck to you. You'll need it.

Its not about how easy it is to get all cars

Its more about the fact that if I want to get a high end car the amount of grinding i have to do to get it is absurd. Say I want to get a gr4 for a daily race i need almost half a million credits. Theres no race in the game that lets me get that without “mechanically repeating races” or whatever kaz said. Thats not fun

I dont count prologues as proper titles... and GT1/GT3 were the shortest but pretty sure they took more than 2 months unless you go "efficient grinding mode", which didnt happen the first ever time you played it.
Again, what is your point?

Have any "teenagers" said that GT7 is bad because you can't get every car in 2 months without grinding?

So many goalposts have moved fore and aft, I'm not even sure what sport this is anymore.

The answer is a resounding, ear-piercing "yes". Every single Gran Turismo not named "GT Sport" and "Gran Turismo 7" are exponentially easier to obtain any or all cars in. It doesn't matter if you don't consider them mainline games or not.

Back