Have this happened to you guys?

• Thread starter Osmala
  • 11 comments
United States
United States

Watch the video so you can understand what's going on. I had this kind of problem in the past but after some modem restart and ps5 restart it was fixed, but now I just can't do races online....

I just can't do races online...
Connection issues?

Connection issues?

I tried to do what that post said but where I live my only option is that T-Mobile 5G modem or my phone. With both I'm having trouble with gran turismo only, other games I play online normally... :(

T-Mobile 5G modem or my phone. With both I'm having trouble with gran turismo only
Yeah, that'd do it.

It's likely that the latency is simply too high to allow you to take part in racing cars, where a third of a second of lag (which is a pretty reasonable estimate for a phone data connection) translates into about 20 metres at an average race track speed. While it barely matters for driving tanks or running about shooting or stabbing people, in racing games it's just too much.

Wireless networks are also more susceptible to higher packet loss than wired ones are, which some racing games don't tolerate well. You can check the quality of your connection on one the many online network quality test sites, like this one: https://speed.cloudflare.com (have in mind that the latency reported there is only for the connection between your phone/router and the test site.)

Last edited:
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 6.20.55 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 6.20.50 PM.png

It looks like my connection its not that bad... :/

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like my connection its not that bad... :/
1715910239346.png

Yes, it is. Bandwidth is almost entirely meaningless, and unloaded latency is close to meaningless, but you're running up to 370ms - over a third of a second - for upload. 100ms is getting to the edge of reasonable, 200ms to the edge of usable. I imagine that if you were to use the in-game test you'll get a "poor" result.

Additionally I've just deleted the image in which you shared your IPv6 address. Not a good idea - although I am curious why it's saying you're in California when you've got your location set as Brazil here?

Watch the video so you can understand what's going on. I had this kind of problem in the past but after some modem restart and ps5 restart it was fixed, but now I just can't do races online....

Hey man, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it and we can try to resolve this racing issue. Have you tried the possibility of getting a fibre connection with ethernet cable out of your router, that can be hookd up to your PS5.

I cannot play GT Sport or GT7 without a cable due to poor latency issues (yes they exist even in the UK lol), this will greatly reduce your issue with online sport mode from what you showed in the video, in GT7 and hopefully get you into some good daily races.

Which part of the US are you in, California has numerous broadband/fibre providers liek AT&T, XFINTIY or Spectrum, surely they can sort out an internet solution for your home?

Last edited:
Can you believe that I live in the heart of Silicon Valley, YouTube is just 5 min from my house and my options are 30mb from At&T or the 5g modems! Fiber is not available in my area yet…

Latest Posts

Back