Here's a First Look at GT Sport's New Sardegna Road Circuit

I'll see how it plays before I make a judgment. GT Sport's original tracks are a mixed bag with Maggiore and Dragon Trail (both seaside and gardens) being excellent, Kyoto, St Croix, Tokyo and Alsace each being a big steaming pile of *****. Hopefully Sardegna pulls one back for the decent tracks.

I'll see how it plays before I make a judgment. GT Sport's original tracks are a mixed bag with Maggiore and Dragon Trail (both seaside and gardens) being excellent, Kyoto, St Croix, Tokyo and Alsace each being a big steaming pile of *****. Hopefully Sardegna pulls one back for the decent tracks.

It amazes me that this forum provides such an amazing mix of opinions.

At track is a track. I wouldn’t call any of the ones you claim to be a steaming pile of ****, poor or bad. You have that opinion I just don’t see how that matters.

I don’t like Brussel Sprouts.... did I need to tell everyone?

At track is a track. I wouldn’t call any of the ones you claim to be a steaming pile of ****, poor or bad. You have that opinion I just don’t see how that matters.

You just did though :lol: I don't like them either btw.

Would've preferred they bring back old legendary fictional circuits, but this is fine too. Beats any Tilkedrome from the last 10 years for sure. I just hope it has better flow than St Croix A's first sector :ill:

Seems weird that they chose to expand Sardegna though, given the base track is dirt. Alsace would've been more appropriate. Then they can expand Sardegna with rallycross variants (mixed asphalt/dirt).

Last edited:

It's a discussion forum about GT Sport, I don't think it should be a surprise to you that people use it to express opinions about content within GT Sport.

I feel that PD are creating future proof original tracks that won't have teething issues like the old ones. Don't forget Deep Forest, Grand Valley and Trial Mountain were created with the old-fashioned method where the scenery is built around the track, not the other way round. I like this direction because it's offering something new and exciting, very much like the classic GT circuits. They're a new generation of original tracks where real-world locations are chosen, and I think it's more fun to know that these tracks are in real places. Even if the track is not.

I agree, With that. DTG is a prime example. great views of the water and mountains. It sets the ambience for that layout.

I'll be interesting to see how the OG trackd are reworked to fit this game and/or the next.

I agree, With that. DTG is a prime example. great views of the water and mountains. It sets the ambience for that layout.

I'll be interesting to see how the OG trackd are reworked to fit this game and/or the next.
That's given me an idea - wouldn't it be great if Trial Mountain was plonked onto Mount Haruna...

People just want a monthly DLC that is jammed packed with content that will last you thru the month and then some.

As much as I want Spa it has the same issue that Bathurst has... its a one layout track.

So its up to PD to make that content stretch.

When a track like St. Croix has six variations and they actually use the variations in events then they are getting good value from their content.

Sardegna is no different.

Four cars? Good. Six cars? Better.

This is looking like a jam packed DLC.

I feel that PD are creating future proof original tracks that won't have teething issues like the old ones. Don't forget Deep Forest, Grand Valley and Trial Mountain were created with the old-fashioned method where the scenery is built around the track, not the other way round. I like this direction because it's offering something new and exciting, very much like the classic GT circuits. They're a new generation of original tracks where real-world locations are chosen, and I think it's more fun to know that these tracks are in real places. Even if the track is not.
I just can't get into a lot of these tracks. Especially that BB oval with a right kink thing. Not sure why they came up with that one. I think of the new fictional tracks, Maggiore is my favorite (minus the weird, tight, banked turn) and that's about it. I could forgive them for Tokyo if all the tracks connected to form a huge place for people to do Wangan style cruises online, but alas they are not. Kyoto is a nice idea that is a bit too large on scale. Take those tracks and shrink them down to create some slower more technical circuits and it would be a winner.

I just can't get into a lot of these tracks. Especially that BB oval with a right kink thing. Not sure why they came up with that one. I think of the new fictional tracks, Maggiore is my favorite (minus the weird, tight, banked turn) and that's about it. I could forgive them for Tokyo if all the tracks connected to form a huge place for people to do Wangan style cruises online, but alas they are not. Kyoto is a nice idea that is a bit too large on scale. Take those tracks and shrink them down to create some slower more technical circuits and it would be a winner.
Hey I didn't say that all of them were good, I mean Toyko is just shocking, so to Alsace and that silly Broad Bean which I never drive on. I mean Saint Croix, Maggiore, Dragon Trail and now Sardegna shows a direction that I like. I don't mind Kyoto but it's not that challenging.

Did a quick count of how many variations in total there are of of original tracks. Didn't count the ovals. Just for context the game was released with 27 configurations in total.

Tokyo (12), Maggiore (8), Sardegna (6), St Croix (6), Kyoto (6), Dragon Trail (4), Alsace (2) = 44

My brain hurts. :sly:

It's a discussion forum about GT Sport, I don't think it should be a surprise to you that people use it to express opinions about content within GT Sport.

You’ve missed my point.

We all like certain things and dislike other things. I don’t understand why people post on here that they hate this or that. I mightn’t think that Spa or Trail Mountain are the holy grail, but I don’t think everyone should have to hear me say it. I guess I was raised by the ideal that if you’ve got nothing good to say then shut up.

We’ve not even been able to drive this yet and people are getting all wound up cause it’s not this or that.

Did a quick count of how many variations in total there are of of original tracks. Didn't count the ovals. Just for context the game was released with 27 configurations in total.

Tokyo (12), Maggiore (8), Sardegna (6), St Croix (6), Kyoto (6), Dragon Trail (4), Alsace (2) = 44

My brain hurts. :sly:
How did you get 12 for Tokyo, I've only got 6? Also Kyoto is 5, the short track isn't available in reverse.

Since hitting level 50 and saying goodbye to a certain three cornered oval, I find that I only drive on the real world tracks from now on so I have no interest in these extra tracks. Incidentally GTS has had the most new tracks to the series of ANY GT game for quite some time now.

Tokyo East Outer and both South loops are pretty good, St Croix B layout is also good imo

How did you get 12 for Tokyo, I've only got 6? Also Kyoto is 5, the short track isn't available in reverse.
Math is hard. :sly:

I'll try again. This time I used the gran-turismo page for reference.

Original tracks - Alsace (2), Blue Moon (6), Dragon Trail (4), Kyoto (5), Maggiore (8), Tokyo South (2), Tokyo Central (4), St Croix (6), Sardegna (6) = 43

Also counted the real life layouts.

Real life tracks - Autopolis (2), Barcelona (1), Fuji (2), RedBull (2), Sarthe (2), Tsukuba (1), Monza (2), Interlagos (1), NBR (3), Willow (5), Brands (2), Panorama (1), Suzuka (2), Goodwood (1) = 27

So a quick count has me at 70 layouts on 23 locations.

There used to be an oval circuit that Indycar raced on which had a right hand kink/dog-leg on the back straight. I can’t remember the name of it right now, but I’ve definitely seen video footage of it from back in the 70s.

These just feel like course creator tracks to me. Obviously hand tweaked by PD, but the general makeup is very reminiscent: a real-world terrain with several variations of track layout over the top.

Alsace, Dragon Trail and St. Croix have the same vibe. Kyoto, and Maggiore to a degree, also did before they went crazy with the interconnected layouts (fully hand authored?) et c.

I'll try again. This time I used the gran-turismo page for reference.

Original tracks - Alsace (2), Blue Moon (6), Dragon Trail (4), Kyoto (5), Maggiore (8), Tokyo South (2), Tokyo Central (4), St Croix (6), Sardegna (6) = 43

Also counted the real life layouts.

Real life tracks - Autopolis (2), Barcelona (1), Fuji (2), RedBull (2), Sarthe (2), Tsukuba (1), Monza (2), Interlagos (1), NBR (3), Willow (5), Brands (2), Panorama (1), Suzuka (2), Goodwood (1) = 27
Tokyo Central is 2, and Tokyo East is 2. Nurburgring is technically 4 (Nordschleife, N24, GP and Touristfahrten). Sardegna is now technically 8, because there's the two Windmills dirt tracks, but 6 if you're not counting those.

Back