Honda Civic - 10th/11th Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 642 comments
Honda-Civic-Type-R_2.jpg
Honda-Civic-Type-R_1.jpg
The rice is strong with this one... Still cool, though.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's because I want one, but I'm seeing 10th gens EVERYWHERE. I drive 8 hours a day for work so I see a lot of cars, and I feel like I'm seeing at least 50-100 a day. Honda must be making a huge profit, hopefully. Mostly sedans, veeeeery few coupes, and a handful of beautiful hatches. Only seen one Sport trim on the road so far. Such a good-looking line of Civics, but I do wonder if they'll age as gracefully as the EG and EK generations have...

Rest assured, the aftermarket exhaust companies are already in the planning stages...I wonder what Spoon and Mugen can do with the car, sound-wise.

How do you even make an engine sound like another cylinder count?

The only method I can think of is pumping an artificial noise into the cabin using the car's speakers. It seems like the Type R's sound has been changed mechanically, which is intriguing.

I have a feeling the exhaust manifold is a tricky thing. The Shelby GT350 has some weird unequal length manifolds to change the sound from a 180* V8 to a 90* V8.

Sound like a five cylinder on the lower range, but when it gets to mid range and higher it doesn't sound like that, it sounds like a four cylinder with a turbo running decent boost numbers. Almost like a superbike.

I like the sedan from the rear doors forward. The extra length in the cabin flows better with how long the front is, in my opinion. The rear seems a little too tall to me, though.

I sometimes wish we could have the coupe and sedan versions here in the UK to go alongside the hatch.

Why couldn't they black out the chrome window trim pieces like they did on the hatch Sport?

I'd get this over the Si unless it's going racing.

maxresdefault.jpg

One of the best Casteol liveries making amends for that appalling new Civic carbuncle.

:( *sniff* With the Megane RS going awd, Renault won't be able to best that time.

Maybe, little (yet older) sister Clio RS, may avenge its fellow Renault Sport sibling's title. Because of its lightweight chassis, Renault Sport may beat VW & Honda, if they have the right tuning. I'm talking about crazy, old-school, F1-inspired turbo/revs here!

Last edited:
Maybe, little (yet older) sister Clio RS, may avenge its fellow Renault Sport sibling's title. Because of its lightweight chassis, Renault Sport may beat VW & Honda, if they have the right tuning. I'm talking about crazy, old-school, F1-inspired turbo/revs here!

If Renault Sport produced a production version of this with a total power output closer to the 300hp mark, they may have a chance.
cilo_rs16_143.jpg

I reckon the next generation Clio will have a more competent chassis for taking on the FWD nurburgring lap record now that the Megane has gone AWD.

If Renault Sport produced a production version of this with a total power output closer to the 300hp mark, they may have a chance.

I reckon the next generation Clio will have a more competent chassis for taking on the FWD nurburgring lap record now that the Megane has gone AWD.

Renault confirmed that hyper-Clio wouldn't be produced, sadly. IIRC, it was either due to the expected cost, or the focus on relaunching Alpine.

Meanwhile....I just WISH we could get a Clio RS in North America.

Yeah, I saw a ton of them in Paris, and it's quite a handsome little car (along with most of the modern Renault lineup actually — I'm a big fan of van den Acker's work). With Nissan over here and so much sharing between the two, I really don't know why it hasn't happened.

Back