hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,011 comments
even a stock dart had a hemi :lol:

The hemi Dart was anything but stock... Do some research.. Lightened to the max and thinner glass in the doors . No window regulators aluminum seat risers .. And more dangerous to drive than 90 % of cars built since

Moving on, stock darts had a hemi, their saloons had the hemi too which was lighter than the jag 6. Imagine the awesomeness if they put the 4.5 hemi from the majestic in the dart.

The hemi Dart was anything but stock... Do some research.. Lightened to the max and thinner glass in the doors . No window regulators aluminum seat risers .. And more dangerous to drive than 90 % of cars built since

so your saying that it came from the factory as described?

so your saying that it came from the factory as described?
They were shipped to Hurst-Campbell from chrysler with no drivetrain and modified for sale as a factory drag racer.. This is copied from the dart page .. This tells the whole story on a Hemi Dart

As if that wasn't enought, approximately 80 Darts were fitted with the 426 Hemi. But this wasn't just a engine swap. They featured a fiberglass hood and front fenders, a front bumper and doors stamped out of a lighter gauge steel, special one-layer Corning Glass for the side windows (which did not meet DOT standards for use on public roads), no door window mechanisms, and no exterior side mirrors, all in an attempt to save weight. The weight saving measures continued inside with the deletion of the rear seat, the radio, and the replacement of the front seats with special lightweight van seats mounted on custom-fabricated aluminum mounting brackets. There was no insulation, no undercoating or sealers were used, and even the right side seatbelt was removed. Under the hood, the brake master cylinder was moved to clear the cylinder head, and rubber brake lines were used instead of metal so that they could be removed for access to the valve cover without disturbing the brake hydraulic system. The actual Hemi engine featured a pair of Holley carbs on a magnesium cross-ram intake. Iron heads (instead of aluminum) were used to keep the cost down. A heavy duty cooling package was standard, as well as headers, but the cars were delievered with no paint -- just primer and naked black fiberglass from the cowl forward on cheap black wheels with skinny tires. Final cost per car was around $4,500, and to make sure that the cars were raced and NOT driven on public streets, every Hemi Dart came with a sticker that stated that "This vehicle was not manufactured for use on Public Streets, Roads or Highways, and does not conform to Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. But they definitely performed on the track, and would hit 10's in the quarter miles with minimal modification. This would make it the fastest factory built car in muscle car history.

To clear this up This is the 1968 Hemi Dart

thumbnail2.jpg
As shipped

thumbnail.jpg
The Hemi

thumbnail1.jpg

In Race Trim

even a stock dart had a hemi :lol:

To clear things up, I believe Stumpydino was refering to the 1959-64 Daimler SP250 "Dart". I used to work for somebody that owned one, and they did all come with a Hemi as stock.

we be needin' some real hemis here.

dodge-gss-hemi-dart-chicago-0802-1.jpg

1968%20Dodge%20GSS%20Hemi%20Dart%206.jpg

1968_Dodge_Charger_hemi_528_by_Partywave.jpg

118488d1298926240-plymouth-hemi-cuda-30011970_plymouth_hemi_cuda_coupe_-_black_-_fvr.jpg

hrdp_0810_07_z+hot_rod_pump_gas_drags+1970_hemi_cuda.jpg

1969-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-NASCAR-Race-Car-Hemi-Orange-rvl-_WPC-Museum_-_Chrysler-Group_.jpg

2010-hurst-hemi-challenger-04.jpg

444_original.jpg

01-hemicharger.jpg

DSC_0513.JPG

hrdp_9901_06_o+dave_rentsmans+hemi_bantam.jpg

1004rc16_o+hot_rod_reunion_vintage_race_cars+hemi_engine_display.jpg

0607cr_13_z%2B2006_san_francisco_custom_hot_rod_motorcycle_show%2B1671_chrysler_muscle_car.jpg

Picture009.jpg

this thing is insane...
080.JPG

114.JPG

worlds-fastest-dodge-challenger.jpg

MG_4508s.jpg

And of course, we can't forget Ford's...

mdmp_1002_13_+boss_429_mustang+1994_boss_mustang.jpg

mdmp_1001_01_+exedy_racing_clutch_nmra_ford_expo+1969_boss_429.jpg

1979Boss429.jpg

WG-BOSS429Mustang.png

0810sr_20_z+goodguys_11th_annual_hot_rod_custom_car_nationals+e_ticket_ride.jpg

"Fast Eddie" Shcartman Boss '9 Maverick pro-stocker:
SC0511-107452_1.jpg

and then his 1970 Cougar:
cougarboss3.jpg

and of course, the famous Ardun hemi conversion for the Flathead:
DSCN1126.JPG

Bean Bandits ftw
DSC_0333.JPG

most-bitchn-roadster_2.jpg

P1010218.jpg

1932ford3windowcoupe09.jpg

enough already. next post: Chevy 350

lol.

Cano will you

marry me?

I'm already taken bud, and she's WAY jealous. You'll have to do with befriending me, haha

Love it. But not a fan of that hood. Need more rear meat too. Easy fixes. :D

That thing's been around for almost 10 years. It was built by Ford itself when it began teasing the public with the new 5.0 liter "cammer" powerplant that would later become the production Coyote:

07BJJ270208057A.jpeg

07BJJ270208057C.jpeg

07BJJ270208057D.jpeg

The Hemi Orange '68 ..... :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Caption :
So the driver of the Dart (pointing to his mechanic) says ......

When I said we need to turn the heat on the competition, you took this waaaaaaay to serious.

Very nice post Cano 👍

As I know nothing of this car , My question is this. Did they use a 70 body? Reskin the quarters or is a 69 boss car? No Scoops in the quarters means it has to be one of the 3

Thanks for the incredibly large picture, I LOVE incredibly large pictures. Whenever you feel like posting more insane-size images, please do so.

Chevy-Freak, the car is a cusomized Dynacorn body, but you can commision A47 to build you one over any 69-70 Mustang body... with the exception of the ragtop, I'd imagine.

Also, as you may know, Power Tour has now srapped up, and Hot Rod magazine has got a complete coverage with hundreds of pictures of the event. While you can just go to hotrod.com and find the stuff for yourself, I'll link here the biggest gallery they put up. They're all car-show pictures, but it's a fine panorama of what was in attendance cruising around. I won't link pictures here because they are way too many and, well, you can go see them yourselves.

http://www.hotrod.com/eventcoverage/hrdp_1106_2011_hot_rod_power_tour_car_gallery/photo_01.html

Thanks for the incredibly large picture, I LOVE incredibly large pictures. Whenever you feel like posting more insane-size images, please do so.

My bad, buddy. No need to get all up in arms. Fix'd.

My bad, buddy. No need to get all up in arms. Fix'd.

hahaha no no, I wasn't bein' sarcastic, I REALLY like insane-sized pics. If you look my previous posts, it's very difficult that you find small pictures in them, you'll find plenty of 2000+ pixels in them. I've always liked big pictures and, plus, some times I can even use them in Photoshopping other cars. This is serious! keep bringing them up.

While I'm not a big American car fan, I absolutely love hot rods. In particular 32 Roadsters.. I really love Gassers too but they aren't as easy to come by. Here's some pictures I took 2 years ago at the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green

5879639122_19982f56e3_b.jpg

5879578632_8a8fc8d9d8_b.jpg

5879128754_4ae857570f_b.jpg

5875889430_d04ec02c97_b.jpg

5878564027_b5ab778d45_b.jpg

Nice pics Corey, that pick up has some serious rubber back there. Also, the green, patina’ed car… damn how I love it’s looks, even if the patina is fake.

And I wouldn’t put a hood over that Camaro, either. That thing’s mean.

1956gmc.jpg

Nice clean Pick up with a beefy engine and a 4speed on the floor. I did all the wiring on this beast, and offcourse took it for a spin. I like old cars with a lot of power.

To mei it looks more like a camaro

Yes, it is a Camaro, but it looks a lot like a 1969 Mustang called “Harbinger”, built by Agent 47: flat black paint, same or similar wheels, track-car stance, etc.

Amd that 70-ush Vette is pretty wild.- I love the psychedelic 70s style!

Back