hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,011 comments
oh damn. When you said "Fiat Topolino with a sbC" I was thinking:

tops6.jpg

I never thought it would be a mostly stock-looking one. Awesome car!

That Topolino is the ultimate sleeper.

This Ford Popular, not so much. :lol:
03092011090.jpg

Road legal, V8 powered. :lol:

This isn't a true muscle car on account of displacement but I think I'm doing things right
heres my s197 daily driver.
ngx26u.jpg

303whp/310wtq
4.10 gears
intake and tuner

Heh, I like the retro window slats :D Looks ever so slightly under-wheeled though (and it's not often I'll say that). Any plans for anything bigger?

Heh, I like the retro window slats :D Looks ever so slightly under-wheeled though (and it's not often I'll say that). Any plans for anything bigger?

Yeah I know they are the tiny GT wheels (17s). Over this coming year, I will probably get a second set of tires and wheels (because all seasons are too expensive to burn up), aftermarket rear control arms, steeda motor mounts, GT500 struts and FRPP Springs.

Might do muffler delete axlebacks too, I dont mind the exhaust on it now and headers takes 12 hours or more to do so I don't even want to mess with them.

I am thinking about the black Cobra R wheels, I almost bought a set a few months back for about $100 a wheel. Similar to these http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-1995-cobrar-wheels-9404.html

Last edited:
Do we take requests? Anyone care to furnish this page with 1960s Mustang coupes? Have a hankering for them at the moment...

IMG_0139.JPG

Mustang'64+%201505%20p02&03.jpg

I know I'm odd already, but I've always preferred the coupe to the fastback for some reason.

why? it looks horrid O_o

Simplicity. Small rims, fat tyres. Perfect stance IMO. Much prefer it and the racing versions posted so far to the ones on enormous modern chrome wheels.

My idea of the perfect pony car or muscle car is one I could use whenever I wanted without worrying about a few dents or someone accidentally scraping it or whatever. Johnny Smith (from Fifth Gear)'s Charger is a good example of this:

184.jpg

_DSC3125.jpg

Bit beaten up but designed to be used every day. Love it. That 'Stang up there, shiny paint aside, has the same vibe.

been meaning to do this for a while, I've got a stack of fine old rags with a few far cool/different beasts...I've yet to start on the hot rod show world collection but if you've ever seen one of those magazines you'd know most would be going into the questionable thread :lol: most are these are from late 50s-60s
I start with this weird fellow who goes by the name Burt Munro, from Hot Rod 1968 :D someone should do a film about him or somethin :dopey:
burtmunro.jpg

chevy50.jpg

from an article from 64 called then and now these were done less than 8 years apart - quite a change in style, maybe not for the best

chevy53.jpg

chevy57.jpg

chevycaprice66.jpg

corvettea.jpg

corvette62.jpg

sorry only half page :( too cool to skip though

corvette63.jpg

dragsterw.jpg

how cool is that shot :D

ford31.jpg

fordmustangjet.jpg

fordranchero.jpg

chevycamaro73.jpg

Last edited:
EPIC, MAGNANIMOUS post, Stumpy. The blue A with twin Paxtons is insane. So is the flamed 57. And the 62 Vette in the half page is Steve Parish's car. It ran almost as fast as a pro stock of the time, yet was fully street legal. We're talking 1970 here.

Latest Posts

Back