hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,010 comments
chevy55.jpg

Hey any more gassers? I freakin love them

Meh, Murdering a car out and sticking an LSX in it is possibly the least creative, original, or unique way of modding it.

The metalflake and candy has been a heavy part of the kustom kulture since the 60s, there were cars like that cruising Bellflower and Woodward since the early 60s, and it all later evolved into the lowrider scene late in that decade; as that happened, the 'flake became toooo related to lowriders so customizers let that style aside and concentrated on metallics.

Only lately, in this free-for-all era, has this style had a comeback. It is one of the hardest and more expensive ways of kustomizing a car because getting it really right not only involves the paint, but a load of details as well. for example, in the '60 that Keef posted, as awesome as it is, the engine is toooo chromed up, too nice and way too modern, it's not era-correct.

I want to hate it.. I want to yell at you for posting it in the wrong thread.. But every time I look at it.. I just love it even more.

The main reason I posted it is because it was on Stanceworks. That community is about more than low BMWs. They actually feature quite a lot of hot rod stuff, because without hot rods the modern scene wouldn't exist.

It isn't the wrong thread, air suspension and insane lowering have been a part of the hot rod world since the 70s, and mainstream enough as early as 1990. Jus ask AirRide, they have kits for cars you wouldn't even imagine (1962 Olds Delta), and they have even developed air bag systems that can work with high performance suspension aplications. It will never be as good as a hardcore set of coilovers, but they are quicker and far firmer than anything riding on air has any right to be.

If your dad changed that interior to something more traditional, it would be an absolutely sweet car. I love the 12-spokes, and the colour. Also, HEMI. omg.

Yeah the interior is probably going to be the last to be done, but it's a driver, I'm not a real big fan of the seats, but once the tranny problems get ironed out it's going to get driven..

Sleeper-ific!
sweet_dreams_7.jpg

sweet_dreams_6.jpg

sweet_Dreams_1.jpg

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

OH MY GOD. CRAP.

That thing is... insane, mind-freaking-blowing. Awesome, amazing. I'm in damned love.

Leave me alone, I learned to drive in a Fairmont Wagon. Have been a fan ever since. The fact that this car eschews everything a street machine should be and destroys you while bein' beige, with a non-Ford powerplant underhood, is even better. The only way it wouldbe cooler is if it had a GENIII HEMI with two turbos. But amazing, AMAZING car. It's only missing the stock hubcaps, and it would be absolute evil.

Got damn. Hell.

Back