How are the "time driven" and "play time" calculated in achievements?

• Thread starter CrestDelta
  • 10 comments
Australia
Australia
So somehow I've gotten 4 extra hours in "time driven" compared to "play time". Which is quite confusing to me.

How can I have driven longer than I have played?

Anyone know how these two achievements are calculated? If they're for different things, that's cool, I just want to know how it calculates each hours.

I think time played is the game itself.
Time driven is the amount of time actually on track and driving. Spectating doesn't count.

Unless it's a bug, time driven being "time spent in the game on track" and play time being "time spent in the game not on track" seems the most plausible. If you add the two together, does it sound close to the total time you've spent with the game?

Not really no. I've got about 45 hours now in "time driven" and "play time" has been stuck at 8 hours for a few days at least.

According to my stats it seems that both is related to time on track. I never got a count staying in the main menu. Time driven counts even if you don't move the car, time played only counts when you push a button. Just my guess.

My guess is time driven is on track time only, time played is all the time that you have spent in GTS looking at replays, in the livery editor, perusing stats etc etc etc AND time driven.

My guess is time driven is on track time only, time played is all the time that you have spent in GTS looking at replays, in the livery editor, perusing stats etc etc etc AND time driven.

Yeah again, that doesn't make sense, because my time driven is about 4-5 times my time played.

How recent is that screenshot?? In the screenshot time driven achievement hasnt unlocked level 1(bar is only at halfway point), it looks like it is at about 2 hours "Time Driven" where as the achievement on left shows first level unlocked with change so about 8 hours "Play Time"

Sounds like a glitch. I am waiting for my lvl 1 login to kick in, I am at 11 or 12 days but game says that achievement is almost complete.

Think of it as two different stop watches elapsing time independently of each other. So when you’re driving, the ‘time driven’ clock is running but the ‘time played’ clock stops and vice-versa.

In other words, the ‘time played’ clock doesn’t run when you are driving. It may seem strange, but the clocks serve separate functions.

Based on your stats, you are spending significantly more time driving than browsing menus or doing other things in the game.

Back