How do we Turn OFF our PS2 MODCHIPS ?

• Thread starter fLipb0y
  • 38 comments
if it's a ubisoft microcontroller, it's probably a magic clone...check the directions for a magic 3.1 - btw man, only the fairly recent chips had disabling allowed. The old ones ALL didn't have it

go to the main menu of the ps2 (no cd in)
hold reset until the led on the button turns red
hold reset until the led on the eject button turns blue - that should do the trick

Originally posted by fLipb0y
ahhh darn it , well actually , i aint really sure , cuz i took my apart and i tried 2 pull the chip off but it seems its stuck , is there any way take it off ?:confused: :banghead: :confused: :banghead:

There is a electronics tool called a de-soldering gun which melts and sucks the solder inside the gun to detatch soldered parts... but I do not know if its appropiate for ICs.

go to any hardware store or to radio shack

if you use the sucker thing on the IC of the ps2, make sure you don't suck parts of the ps2 off...i've done it to some network cards that I was practising my soldering on.

if you are replacing your chip, you had best know what you're doing because i can guarantee that you WILL fry your ps2 if your soldering sucks. You will be using 30AWG wires as a minimum and that stuff is almost as thin as a hair. That means you can't risk a single messup with the soldering.

ok, if u got it a long time ago, or if you were cheap, then you are ducked. Else, if it's a magic 3.1 or newer (messiah 2, apple 2, dms 3, etc) then you just follow the chip's instructions. my magic 3.1 is as follows:

go to the boot menu, hold reset until the console goes to sleep mode (red reset led), then hold reset again until the blue eject led comes on. that's sleep mode for me

You could also solder an on/off switch if you have a magic 3 chip...i don't know about the others on the market
i think this worked for my super 7 mod chip as it was not able to read the disc thanks

i think this worked for my super 7 mod chip as it was not able to read the disc thanks
mate this post is from 2003 :lol:

sometimes i forget how long this site has been around, I saw the "i don't want sony to detect my modchipped PS2" OP and was like.... mate, really?

Back