How do you feel about Israel?

• Thread starter Poverty
  • 95 comments

Poverty

(Banned)
This is genocide and world stands by and lets it happen... The world has not learned its lesson from WW II..

Israel threatens 'open war'

Gaza's 1.3 million inhabitants now face the threat of "an open and long war", reports Khaled Amayreh

Speaking in the southern town of Bir Al-Sabaa Tuesday evening, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Israel would use all its force and firepower against the Palestinians.

"It is going to be a long war," said an exasperated Olmert, who called Palestinian resistance fighters "wild beasts and terrorists".

The fresh threats came amid a wave of destruction, as Israel continued to bombard Gaza from the air, sea and land, targeting power stations, civilian homes, schools and government buildings.

Olmert made no mention of the fact that nearly 1,000 Palestinian children and minors have been killed by Israeli forces, and that the systematic bombing of the Palestinian civilian infrastructure continues apace.

The former Likud extremist also failed to mention that his government is denying the majority of Palestinians access to food and work, pushing them ever closer to a major humanitarian disaster, as he pledged that he would do anything necessary to liberate the Israeli soldier abducted near Gaza 10 days ago, apart, that is, than negotiate.

Soon after Olmert made his remarks Israeli war planes were once again at work over Gaza, bombing, for the Palestinian Interior Ministry building and the Al-Arkam primary school in downtown Gaza.

The Ministry of Interior building was destroyed completely while the school, believed to have been built through a European grant, was seriously damaged.

Israel said the attacks were in retaliation for the firing of a homemade Qassam projectile that landed in the southern Israeli town of Askalan (Ashkelon) Tuesday afternoon, causing no casualties or damage.

Israeli political and military leaders insist the firing of these homemade missiles into a major Israeli population centre represents another red line which the Palestinians have crossed. In their determination that the Palestinians should not be allowed to possess even the semblance of a deterrent that might alter the "rules of the game" and undermine their carte blanch to bomb and kill Palestinians at will, Israeli officials have started to talk of using "extreme" tactics in an effort to terrorise the Palestinians into total submission.

On Wednesday Zeev Boim, a close aide to Olmert and former deputy-defence minister, urged hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in northern Gaza to start packing or else!

"As far as I am concerned, the inhabitants of Beit Lahya and Beit Hanun should start packing right away," Boim was quoted as saying.

Avigdor Lieberman, another Israeli Knesset member, didn't flinch from suggesting that the Israeli air force carry out a genocidal blanket- bombing of Palestinian population centres.

Lieberman, a former government minister, is by no means a marginal figure. He stands at the helm of the fourth largest political party in Israel and his views represent a powerful strand of "nationalist discourse".

Meanwhile, the Israeli army and paramilitary police continued their rampage of terror and sabotage throughout the West Bank, raiding and vandalising Palestinian charities, offices, and in some instances ordinary businesses.

The raids targeted boarding schools, orphanages, zakat (charity) committees and clinics run by religious organisations.

The Israeli army surrounded the Ramallah home of Abdul-Aziz Duweik, speaker of the Palestinian parliament, shortly before dawn Wednesday, apparently in order to kidnap him so he could be used as an additional bargaining chip in Israel's attempts to free the imprisoned Israeli soldier. The blockade, which lasted for more than an hour, ended when troops found out that Duweik was not at home.

Israel has already taken more than 120 Palestinian lawmakers, government officials, cabinet ministers and ordinary activists hostage.

Many of the captives are being held in the notorious Ofer detention camp west of Ramallah, while others, including four cabinet ministers, have been placed in solitary confinement in the Ramallah prison.

In the face of Israel's escalation of its attacks and the daily bombing of civilian targets in Gaza the Palestinian government has retained its composure.

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, whom Israeli leaders have threatened to murder, appealed to the captors of the Israeli soldier to treat him well, and said that the government was involved in intensive efforts to end the present crisis.

Haniyeh reminded the captors that Islam forbids mistreatment of prisoners under any circumstances.

"We can't behave like them, we are Muslims," he said.

His appeal came less than 24 hours after prominent Muslim scholar Youssef Al-Qaradawi called on the captors to preserve the life of the Israeli soldier, whose whereabouts is unknown to the PA and its Hamas-led government.

But the Israeli government, disregarding all such gestures, remains intent on bullying and bombing the Palestinians into unconditionally freeing the imprisoned soldier. The soldier's captors, though, are unlikely to fall in with the Israeli strategy while more than 10,000 Palestinians, including 450 children and dozens of women, many held without charge or trial, languish in Israeli jails and detention camps.

How do you feel about this?

I myself am angry and dissapointed, it seems like Israel is looking for any excuse to attack and pressure the Palestinians and doesnt want peace.

I myself cant understand why countries like Israel, and the countless others in Africa, cant get on with theyre neighbors. Surely the money and lives they would save should be enough incentive.

I find it ironic that the oppressed have now become the oppressors.

what exactly are they standing up to? The palestinians pose no threat to them. Its like me beating up a little kid that looked at me funny.

danoff
I'm proud of Israel. I'm glad someone still has the balls to stand up for themselves.

There it is right there! 👍
Poverty
what exactly are they standing up to? The palestinians pose no threat to them. Its like me beating up a little kid that looked at me funny.

You can't be serious. Israel is surrounded by countries that would like nothing more then to obliterate Israel off the map. Remeber that the muslim militants don't like the Isralies' (sp) either.

Poverty
lol so you guys should have respect for terrorists then.

Nope, not a drop. But if you take my soldiers captive, I'm going to come down on you hard. Why is that such a bad thing? It's called defending your people. America should do that more often. It's possible to be a nation with great foriegn trade AND not take any flack.

did palestinian government paid people take the israeli soldier? Because if its not going by your way of working the entire world would have nuked each other by now.

Poverty
did palestinian government paid people take the israeli soldier? Because if its not going by your way of working the entire world would have nuked each other by now.

Who said anything about nukes?

danoff
Who said anything about nukes?

:banghead:

You can't be serious. Israel is surrounded by countries that would like nothing more then to obliterate Israel off the map. Remeber that the muslim militants don't like the Isralies' (sp) either.

I dont blame them. But if these muslim countries are such a great threat why would Israel run the risk of getting obliterated for one soldier? :odd:

Poverty

They are going after the people that took their soldiers. Peroid. I'd do the same if I was president.

Swift
They are going after the people that took their soldiers. Peroid. I'd do the same if I was president.

And what about the soldiers Israel has taken? And isnt it just one soldier?

If Iran wanted him back they would negotiate. But they have no intention of doing so. Something tells me that Israel doesnt care if they get him back or not.

The question is, what IS Israel?

Israel is a land born out of territory - though not countries - which was formerly Palestinian and populated by immigrants. 45% of the land was given to the Palestinians, and today they even have their own government - though it's within and overruled by the Knesset.

Now, I've heard of this country called "Australia". The native peoples have no government. They have no land. They were merely subjugated into the immigrants' rule.

See any aborigines blowing themselves up on coaches full of children?

So the aboriginals were treated MUCH worse by the occupying immigrants - Palestinians were given land which, I should add, they didn't have until then, and self-rule within a larger state.

And yet they STILL don't blow up civilians.

Most of them live in what we would consider poverty, and dont have the necessary means or knowledge to make a bomb.

Plus people in the UK and US have blown up civilians, so its a case of double standards there, that only muslims blow up civilians.

Who said anything about Muslims?

Name me one occasion when either the US or UK armed forces - or the Israeli armed forces for that matter - have specifically targetted civilians.

Poverty
Most of them live in what we would consider poverty

Aborigines? Are you kidding me? Or do you think that they only live "Bush"?

Poverty
Most of them live in what we would consider poverty, and dont have the necessary means or knowledge to make a bomb.

Plus people in the UK and US have blown up civilians, so its a case of double standards there, that only muslims blow up civilians.

No, but only Muslim extremeist make it a point to let everyone in the world know who did it.

And is one man not worth standing up for?

Also, Israel doesn't want peace? How many places have been blown up in Jeruselam in the past decade? Did the Jews do it to themselves?

Swift
No, but only Muslim extremeist make it a point to let everyone in the world know who did it.

And is one man not worth standing up for?

Also, Israel doesn't want peace? How many places have been blown up in Jeruselam in the past decade? Did the Jews do it to themselves?

I.R.A and E.T.A blow things up now and again, and let everyone know about it. And these are just incidents off the top of my head.

And for how many decades have the jews been pressuring and oppressing the Israelis?

One man is worth fighting for in my mind, but for most countries it never has been. Why the change of heart now from Israel?

Name me one occasion when either the US or UK armed forces have specifically targetted civilians.

I could probably find one or two if I asked some of my older friends, but we both know our governments have funded organisations, or people who our government knew had every intention of bombing civvies.

Name me one occasion when the Israeli armed forces for that matter - have specifically targetted civilians.

What do you call the things theyre doing now?

*Apologies for the lengthy time it took to reply, I just had to pop down argos quickly*

The Israeli millitary is justified in their actions as they are a sovern nation that will take millitary action when acts of war have been done. The 3 or more captured soldiers are reason for war to happen, and when you've got Hezbollah and Hammas baisically poking a Grizzly Bear with a stick over, and over, and over again chances are that Bear is going to stand up and maul everyone within arms reach of it.

Syria, Lebanon and Iran will all gain lessons out of what is going on, baisically not to screw around with Israel. My only concern at the moment is what is going to be the stupid excuse for millitants to attack American, British and other Allied troops in Iraq and Afghanistan for supporting Israel.

I myself hope Israel lose. And people wonder why the countries who arent allies with the US etc want to make nukes.

Poverty
And for how many decades have the jews been pressuring and oppressing the Israelis?
Again I'll ask, WHAT??!?!?!

Poverty
I myself hope Israel lose. And people wonder why the countries who arent allies with the US etc want to make nukes.

You my friend have a very short view of history or even the general tone of what's going on over there.

only_da_b3st
israel is digging itself into a deep s#*! hole. just about every radical muslim hates israel. by attacking lebanon, this make the problem worse...

Worse? Worse how? The stated aim of pretty much every Middle Eastern state's foreign policy is "the destruction of Israel".

Pov - you're still missing my point a little. Native American Indians and Australian Aboriginals have received far worse treatment at the hands of their migrant overlords than Palestinians have. The Palestinians have 45% of all of the land in Israel and their own elected parliament - the other two examples haven't. Native American Indians and Australian Aboriginals were killed to make way for their "pioneer" immigrant masters - Palestinians haven't.

Yet (some) Palestinians feel the need to blow themselves up in cafes, restaurants and buses, killing the Israeli civilians - who they specifically target. The comparatively-poorly-treated Aborigines and Native Americans have yet, as far as I am aware, to behave similarly.

Palestinians HAVE a country - okay, it's a dependancy of Israel and technically subjugated to Israel - which is something they have never had in the past, and something Aborigines and Native Americans don't have at all. Why do they still feel the need to kill innocents?

(incidentally, as a matter of grammar, "I myself" is something you should consider dropping. Who else could you be talking about when you say "I" that necessitates "myself" as a clarification?)

You my friend have a very short view of history or even the general tone of what's going on over there.

I dont know where you get your info, but Ive learnt to keep an open mind, and try to weed out the brainwashing and propaganda thats going on in the world to the point that I will say that Iran pose no threat immediate threat to my live other than having greater political leverage.

Pov - you're still missing my point a little. Native American Indians and Australian Aboriginals have received far worse treatment at the hands of their migrant overlords than Palestinians have. The Palestinians have 45% of all of the land in Israel and their own elected parliament - the other two examples haven't. Native American Indians and Australian Aboriginals were killed to make way for their "pioneer" immigrant masters - Palestinians haven't.

There have been cases of native americans blowing stuff up out of war time. Im not sure if there have been such cases in australia with the aboriginees.

However just because native americans and aborigness dont do something doesnt mean another country should follow suite. On every continent there have been cases of "terrorism" done by all different types of people.

We (UN) dont need to resort to such measures (in this day and age, although they do fund people to do theyre dirty work) because we have the power. We dont need to resort to such things because we have other political measures to basically get whatever we want.

Directly or indirectly we are holding most of the world back in one way or another(but thats another story).

What about the likes of che guevara (sp) and mandela, they blew things up, its not just a muslim thing like the media would suggest. Everyone has done it, especially countries or people that cant fight back against theyre oppressors with a army. Hurt the enemy by all means, and if you were a palestinian you would be doing the same thing. Our ancestors did.

Palestinians HAVE a country - okay, it's a dependancy of Israel and technically subjugated to Israel

How long have they had this?

Latest Posts

Back