IFTC: Race 03 - Completed

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 65 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely gutted with this combo now and have been racing it for the last 3 hours with no improvement :mad: even though I have been ahead of my best ghost at T2 by nearly .2 a couple of times ... it's always at that horrible end bend that stuffs me up everytime! I have no more will to race this ever again :crazy:

Gotta say though I am simply amazed at the standard of drivers taking part in this comp as I'm not used to finishing outside the top 10 on most of the events I enter! .. let alone outside the top 20 for 3 events on the trot :confused:

maybe I should consider ditching the wheel and incar view and go back to the trusty old pad and kiddy view as I'm basically clutching at straws for an excuse for my poor show boohoo :P

uploading replay to GTRP .. Good luck to all ;) :cheers:

Here's an interesting stat and maybe food for thought, Ron:

Verifying so many replays recently, I've noticed that the majority of top drivers use the racing line. ??

I think something is hampering me badly and can't really put my finger on it? :(

I still use the wheel with feedback on 1 and never use the driving line are defo possibilities .. will have to experiment and work on these 2 I suppose ;) 👍

OK SO MY PS3 JUST DIED ON ME ...:ouch::ouch::ouch:
YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH!!!!!.....

so im probably out for a while guys....DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if anyone has an answer for this how to fix it,please let me know...will call sony on monday,but even if they will replace(probably not...)i will be out for a while,or alltogether.....:(:(:(:(:(

spyrrari.

Sorry to hear that mate .. apparently it's rare but does happen :( Good luck for a speedy fix from Sony 👍

if anyone has an answer for this how to fix it,please let me know...will call sony on monday,but even if they will replace(probably not...)i will be out for a while,or alltogether.....:(:(:(:(:(

spyrrari.

That's horrible. I bought my 60 gig used on ebay, I've stopped worrying about when it's going to die, I just hope for the best and blow the dust out of it every couple days.

Ron, I hear your pain! Still searching for a sub-58 second lap here. I think I'll try the racing line, should have done that for Fuji where I have few points of reference for braking. I switched from Simulation to Professional mode for my DFGT a couple weeks ago, I think I'll try switching back, it just doesn't feel as tight on-center as it did before.

spyrrari.

i am sorry to hear that :nervous:

thats exactly my problem, too. there is no way to repair this. Guarantee of 12 months is over, so i have to pay 230,- for a replacement console :ill:

I'm absolutely gutted with this combo now and have been racing it for the last 3 hours with no improvement :mad: even though I have been ahead of my best ghost at T2 by nearly .2 a couple of times ... it's always at that horrible end bend that stuffs me up everytime! I have no more will to race this ever again :crazy:

Gotta say though I am simply amazed at the standard of drivers taking part in this comp as I'm not used to finishing outside the top 10 on most of the events I enter! .. let alone outside the top 20 for 3 events on the trot :confused:

maybe I should consider ditching the wheel and incar view and go back to the trusty old pad and kiddy view as I'm basically clutching at straws for an excuse for my poor show boohoo :P

uploading replay to GTRP .. Good luck to all ;) :cheers:

I know how you feel Ron, I would be happy to finish in the top 30, I just can't break into the 57's, Just spent an hour myself on this combo, and went from 0'58.130 to 0'58.051. :grumpy:

Here's an interesting stat and maybe food for thought, Ron:

Verifying so many replays recently, I've noticed that the majority of top drivers use the racing line. ??

That's one thing I might have to try.. 👍 I have my 3rd session still to do with this combo, hoping for a miracle on the last bend... :sly: :yuck:

Spyrrari, sad to hear that :nervous: Hope to get you back soon, we need you 👍

I think I've done close to 400 laps on this. Another 50 or so today. But just cannot better my time. I got very close today, registering 6 or 7 sub 58's.
But my time on this is over, and I just have to settle for a 57.873".
Was a great combo nonetheless, and one where I'm quite proud of my time. Not good enough to get GTP points, but I edged closer than i have been in previous meets. Alas the Lotus around backwards London is another story...

2 hours at Suzuka East this morning for a massive improvement of 2 100ths! At first I was nailing T1 & T2 but couldn't get T3, then I worked out T3 and lost the ability to drive T2... AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

I must have had over 50 laps in the 57.9xx's, but just can't seem to break into the next level.

Great combo, really addictive.. :) occasionally done every corner better but putting those on one lap appears to be too much for me. Amazing times in the top 3!! :cheers:

edit: :)

Last edited:
That's one thing I might have to try.. 👍 I have my 3rd session still to do with this combo, hoping for a miracle on the last bend... :sly: :yuck:

Spyrrari, sad to hear that :nervous: Hope to get you back soon, we need you 👍

yeah mate is sucks superbig time this!!!:ouch::nervous::ouch:
tried everything to get it fixed(took out HDD,cleaned,cables out,...)nothing workes,its just dead with my game stuck into it...

tomorrow is the deadline for turning in the replay and am sure i have to pass on that one...let alone try to better my time on this event!!!i had this whole day free at last(had very little time in the last 3,5 weeks)to really have a good long session on this race,but all went to hell...!!!!!

:(:(:(:(:banghead::banghead::banghead:👎👎👎

i will do everything possible tomorrow to get it fixed somehow,but the chance this will work is like 0.000001%...

spyrrari.

i will do everything possible tomorrow to get it fixed somehow,but the chance this will work is like 0.000001%...

spyrrari.

Good luck with getting it sorted mate, will miss you if you have to drop out - we're having a great battle! You're one of my most reliable measures - I know if I get close you I'm doing well.

Good luck with getting it sorted mate, will miss you if you have to drop out - we're having a great battle! You're one of my most reliable measures - I know if I get close you I'm doing well.

cheers mate,nice words...sooths my mood a little...just a little though...i am really p-off...:grumpy::grumpy:x1000!!!

spyrrari.

sad to hear that spyrrari. look forward to your return and earn more points for us :)

jeez, just went into the database and had a look at the tables. crashed from position 30to 60 in just 2 nights. really intense competition 👍

still looking forward to achieve a timing in the sub 57 range as well :(

How close....

22 GTP_spyrrari1 0'57.789
23 GTP_Stotty 0'57.791
24 GTP_Mr_P 0'57.792
25 Chronos-GTS Clio 0'57.807
26 GTP_PrudentBe... 0'57.826

yeah mate is sucks superbig time this!!!:ouch::nervous::ouch:
tried everything to get it fixed(took out HDD,cleaned,cables out,...)nothing workes,its just dead with my game stuck into it...
spyrrari.

Have you tried connecting it to PC and pulling out data ? (if it is possible...)

Have you tried connecting it to PC and pulling out data ? (if it is possible...)

yeah,also tried that but since the ps3 is completely stuck i cant get anything out of it!!!....also tried to connect it to another ps3 etc,etc,etc...nothing works....
called sony today and they want 240 euros for a reserviced 2nd hand ps3.....NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am going to do this!!!

i will try to have my ps3 fixed by some guy here in amsterdam tomorrow,but i am not very confident he will succeed....

spyrrari.

3 Arebufo_rootbe 0'57.596 2008/11/22 00:13
4 eclipsi_RC 0'57.596 2008/11/22 01:57
5 rootbe 0'57.599 2008/11/22 05:02
6 esSutil_stradiv... 0'57.664 2008/11/22 08:10
7 esSutil_gigi5 0'57.665 2008/11/21 03:11

Mouarf ....

What are you trying to say here moonlyght?

yeah,also tried that but since the ps3 is completely stuck i cant get anything out of it!!!....also tried to connect it to another ps3 etc,etc,etc...nothing works....
called sony today and they want 240 euros for a reserviced 2nd hand ps3.....NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am going to do this!!!

i will try to have my ps3 fixed by some guy here in amsterdam tomorrow,but i am not very confident he will succeed....

spyrrari.

well, i'm sure your PS3 will 'revive' ;)
have faith in that amsterdam guy and keep us posted!

What are you trying to say here moonlyght?

Nothing much than our spanish friends are incredibly close from each other :sly:
Great team work 👍

@ Spyrrari Good luck mate ;)

spyrrari.
Be careful connecting the hdd to another ps3 as the hdd is encrypted and tagged to it's original ps3, connecting it to another system will format the hd to that ps3 and your data will definitely be erased.

And because the hdd is encrypted connecting it to a pc won't work either unfortunately. I was in the same situation as you and ended up getting another ps3 and had to replay all my damn games because I couldn't get my game saves from the old hd, because of that I always make sure to back up my ps3 and game saves

Be careful connecting the hdd to another ps3 as the hdd is encrypted and tagged to it's original ps3, connecting it to another system will format the hd to that ps3 and your data will definitely be erased.

And because the hdd is encrypted connecting it to a pc won't work either unfortunately. I was in the same situation as you and ended up getting another ps3 and had to replay all my damn games because I couldn't get my game saves from the old hd, because of that I always make sure to back up my ps3 and game saves

yeah i found this out today aswell man...so my only hope is this fixer tomorrow will fix my broken ps3...otherwise i also have to buy a brand new one,and this does not makes someone very happy....:yuck:

spyrrari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back