IFTC: Race 03 - Completed

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 65 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fired up the PS3 earlier to have one last go at this and it won't recognize any discs, everything else works except discs, be it film or game. Phoned Sony there going to send a courier to fetch it on the 1st Dec for repair... not impressed this is the second one i've had problems with, guess thats me out of action for a while aswell unfortunately.:ill:

I've posted my best time and replay on the database for this round, hope to back asap.

yeah i found this out today aswell man...so my only hope is this fixer tomorrow will fix my broken ps3...otherwise i also have to buy a brand new one,and this does not makes someone very happy....:yuck:

spyrrari.

if you have a the 60gb version, try to sell it on ebay (repaired or broken).
then you can buy a new 80gb. thats the way with the lowest disprofit for me.

i will do it this way, i think :nervous:

sorry to here something similair from you, Duratec.

Wouldn't it be better to buy just a HDD ? If it is 60BG it has some "options" that other models do not have (we all know what).

And to make it not a total OT ;) time and replay for race #3 posted few days ago and for race #4 soon because I do not know London i reverse direction at all...

Last edited:
Sorry the hear about your broken PS3's spyrrari & Duratec. I'm about to have a go at this and try to get tenth off or two, hopefully this combo won't kill my PS3 as it's out of warranty.

I remember the DVD lens would get a little dirty on my PS2 and not read discs. After the warranty run out I would clean it once a year by opening it up and use some cd cleaner fluid on the lens. It's still working after 6/7 years. I'm expecting to do this on my PS3 bluray lens. My PC DVD drive seems to be bomb proof but this affects my cd player also. We try to keep the house clean and smoke outside etc. I hope I can fix it by cleaning or replacing the HD when it happens but a lot of the faults are maybe not repairable. If it broke soon after warranty I'd be pretty pissed and would not pay £200 for a refurbishment and wait for the price to drop while playing the PS2 occasionally.

It's a conspiracy to keep some of the fastest GTP'rs out of the leaderboard!

Sony, we are on to you..........

Wouldn't it be better to buy just a HDD ? If it is 60BG it has some "options" that other models do not have (we all know what)..

Sorry for offtopic, but the yellow light defect has nothing to do with the HDD.
Even without the HDD, the PS3 doesnt start.

And dont forget, to change the HDD, you have to make a backup and put it back on the new HDD. Otherwise the PS3 wont accept the HDD.

And we (spyrrari & me) can not even get into the xmb. Theres no possibility to copy the Data and save the gamefiles.

As far as i know its the power supply pack that causes the yellow light defect.

Duratec can get his PS3 BD drive repaired, shouldnt be as bad as the yellow lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back