IHRPL - 2011 Race Modified Champion is BossGary1955!

Week two is in the books! Excellent turn out for the Acura NSX races, with results that certainly stirred the pot. Soopa ran into a shaky Synthbent at Grand Valley East and lost what should have been a win, though Greennarcotics was and always gives him a run for the money. Bossgary took advantage of Soops problems and took second in a heated battle after being down as far as 7th.

Next it was onto the Nordscleife for four laps with a 20:00 start. Darkness fell quickly over the hills. Soopa got out to a quick start and finally got a win on the Ring. The battle was for 2nd & 3rd with strong showing from Synthbent, zXDanger and macospect1. Flsurffisher was aiming to take 2nd having practiced extensively but a crucial mistake in the early stages of lap two spelled disaster. Danger drove like a champion, pushing the NSX to its limits in an almost flawless display of skill. He took second and may have challenge Soop for the lead had he gotten out of the pack sooner. Synth and Mac held their own to take 3rd and 4th respectively.

The final race was run on elegance. The millionaires paradise called Monaco. With mechanical problems hampering Soopa, Rally06 & Seanforever duked it out for this victory. Several laps saw the pack bunched up before Bossgary showed his mastery of this technical course and broke out. He'd finish third but his overall performance propelled him into the heat of the championship battle. Along with Boss, zXDanger showed championship caliber skill both finishing with 19 pts, tops for the Acura NSX.

Next week it's the Camaro Z28 Rm '69, on the fast and furious Highspeed Ring, curvacious Rome & very technical Indy Road. Lets see who can improve their position, or who will have a poor performance and drop out of contention.

Heres hoping that the mechanical glitch is gone next week, Soopa and I got it early on in Monaco, and luckily I didn't get it until the final couple corners on the Ring, I'm not entirely blaming it on that, but it did hinder me and a few others. Oh well thats racing:P

Started light practice with a DS3. Indy Road isn't as bad a course as I thought. 1:41 is best sofar. Highspeed Ring is just that. Haven't turned on the rain yet. Car is a beauty! Handles great and has tremendous traction!

Ran HSR in the rain - about 1:29. If it rains tire selection WILL be vital to winning. Slicks, Intermediates or Rain.

Rome is fast! 1:12 but not my best. This car would be a joy on tracks like Toscana Tarmac, Trial Mtn & Deep Forest even Mt Aso. It just has that "gritty" handling and acceleration to it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I won't be making the race on Monday, sorry guys. I might make the TVR race though, and although I won't gain any points from it, could I come and race in it anyways?

Yeah, it's like damage that never goes away. Your car pulls right, your top speed drops and left hand turns are near enough impossible.

I only came on here to warn you but I was too late 👎

Great car apart from that major issue though :lol:

Z28 RM - Indy Road 1:40.143; Rome 1:14.077. HSR will vary based on if, when and how hard it rains and lasts.

Might not make it tomorrow, just getting home from an anime convention... think I caught a bit of the con crud.

I should be able to make it, but I'm not 100 percent sure yet, I actually forgot the race was tomorrow! :P

Week 3

Week three was all about the "Boss!" ~ Bossgary1955 that is. When you are racing against him the key is to get in a good groove very early. Once he gets his bearings on a particular track, the man is a machine! Consistent good times lap after lap! That was the result in all three races.

Started event one in a pouring ran that never let up. FishHunters personal testing track. He grabbed the lead early and threatened to run away with it. Synthbent wouldn't let that happen and held on. Boss was back in the pack trying to get a feel for the wet track. Then it happened. Fish trying to find a line to increase the lead oversteered on the final turn surrendering the lead to Boss who came in at 32.52.169. Synth finished 2nd by 14.002.

Then it was on to Rome. Where Gary and a newcomer Skatman would battle from start to finish. The two were only seperated by 2.032 seconds across the finish line.

Finally, Indy Road presented itself. It appeared it was both Synth and Gary's first race on the track. Fish again took the early lead. Gary found his rythm early and began closing the gap. Another Fish mistake on the last turn yielded the lead to the Boss who took a 23.423 win over 2nd place. Synth had a respectable showing finishing down 40.032.

The Boss made a very strong showing to take a what appears to be a commanding lead in the RM Championship. 67 pts to 43 for Soopaman. Even with the bottom three scores promised to be thrown out Boss' lead may be insurmountable. The rest of the pack is bunched up in the 30s (Greennarcotics 38, Synthbent 35.5, zXDanger 33 and Fish 31.25). The conclusion promised to be exciting as they battle it out for the top three spots tonight!

I'll be there tonight, should be a great race(s)! Let's just watch the first chicane on Monza, easy to pile up there. Are we allowed to "cut" the second chicane at Monza?

2nd Chicane cutting is allowed. However, looks like the network is down. If not back up by 6:30 EDT we'll resked.

FishHunters
2nd Chicane cutting is allowed. However, looks like the network is down. If not back up by 6:30 EDT we'll resked.

Network is working fine for me.

Great series! To bad I could only make 2 of the races, but still fun and very competitive! I look forward to the next race, World Rally right? And I think next Monday is some kind of one night LMP race right?

EDIT: congrats to the winners, job well done.

Last edited:
:) First I want to thank God and my family without their support this dream would have never come true. Next my sponsors with out their backing we may have never got to this level . Next my crew , some time I let them down with a bad race but they were always there to get me back on track. Next a big thanks to Fish for putting on a great series, and last to my fellow racers, great job by all the drivers in all the races!!! CYA in the winners circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gtpflag:

:) First I want to thank God and my family without their support this dream would have never come true. Next my sponsors with out their backing we may have never got to this level . Next my crew , some time I let them down with a bad race but they were always there to get me back on track. Next a big thanks to Fish for putting on a great series, and last to my fellow racers, great job by all the drivers in all the races!!! CYA in the winners circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gtpflag:

👍👍👍 :lol:

Great series! To bad I could only make 2 of the races, but still fun and very competitive! I look forward to the next race, World Rally right? And I think next Monday is some kind of one night LMP race right?

EDIT: congrats to the winners, job well done.

Yes to all!

Congrats to Bossgary .... :cheers: 👍

Also great work Fish on organising this series it was really good fun :)

Sorry I couldn't make the last race my broadband went down :( At first I blamed the Mrs, but then I realised it wasn't her fault :embarrassed:

Week 3 I was away so couldn't make that either, gonna be quite busy next couple of weeks, but I'll try to make the rally races as I've never done any online :)

Well done bossgary on winning your first event 👍

Sorry I couldn't make the last race my broadband went down :( At first I blamed the Mrs, but then I realised it wasn't her fault :embarrassed:

Week 3 I was away so couldn't make that either, gonna be quite busy next couple of weeks, but I'll try to make the rally races as I've never done any online :)

Well done bossgary on winning your first event 👍

NP Soop! We do miss you when you're not around though!

Back