Infamous Tunes * New Garage Name * New Release The R-Evolution *

• Thread starter No_OBsT33R
  • 437 comments

No_OBsT33R

(Banned)
Infamous Tunes​

New LoGo Coming soon

Introducing No_OBsT33R
I’ve been an avid player of GT since the series first was released in the late 90’s on PS1. Since then I’ve been developing my in game tuning techniques. Tuning is what makes GT the winner for me, I love the way they have translated the feel of the cars through the console. I very much enjoy the game and tuning the cars into all they can be. The game is far from perfect and above all else a game, one I enjoy very much.

I’ve put out a few set ups and they have gotten great responses (some not so good, but you can’t please everybody all the time) so I’m opening up the Garage as a way to keep them in a database for those interested in trying them out. I tune cars for balance and consistency, where I value a lower lap average but consistent over an insanely low Hot lap time.

I’m sorry (well not really) that I’m not the sort to make creative intros for my tunes fantasizing about if I were tuning real cars, I’m just more focused on High Quality Settings without any of the bells and whistles, aside from a few pics. I do find them to be entertaining when some of the GTP Tuners do it.
A little about HQPS’s tuning style

I do all my Tuning with only ABS, ALL other assist off. My personal view of the braking dynamics in GT5 is not complementary, it is quite honestly a joke, thankfully the rest of the dynamics aren’t as horrible. I find SRF the destroyer of good settings. Using SRF not only is a cheesy way of going fast but eliminates many benefits of quality settings and mask issues with inferior quality settings. I would respectfully ask anybody who would be so generous as to test and review my tunes to please have the courtesy to do their testing without any driver assist except for ABS. If testing with assist and posting a review, I would humbly ask, please don’t. Thank You.

It is in my opinion that the stickiest tires are the most sensitive to fine tuning so I do most of my Tuning on Maxed out Cars running Racing Tires for the Racing Track, Street Tires are for the Streets or Stockers IMHO.

A little code of conduct
I would also humbly request any personal drama to be kept out of the Garage. I’m about posting up my setting here and not interested in any Drama. While I’m posting my settings members are free to give their opinions on them but when doing so, please be respectful and keep in mind what may work or not work for you is not necessarily going to be the same for everybody, or every Track. While I do try to keep my Tunes Track General, some tracks will always require some tweaking the settings to get the most out of them. You may also tweak something’s for your own style of driving; this is fine, just remember to keep things positive. It is possible to give negative feedback in a positive way, let’s try to keep it all in good spirits, negative behaviour insulting, or dissecting of settings to point out what in your opinion are flaws will be reported and ignored.

The Garage

Launch Day Tune

Lexus - LF-A '10

BMW - M3 CSL '03

Grand Touring Garage Ford Mustang '70 "Trans-Cammr"

RUF CTR '87 "Black Bird"

Toyota Supra RZ '97

Last edited:
The Lexus LF-A

Where to begin? I think the LF-A is quite a phenomenal car; it has engineering brilliance in almost every aspect except the price. After putting everything they could into their first true "Supercar" Toyota failed miserably when setting the price. "Priced to fail" comes to mind, but let's hope that isn't so for the LF-A. You see the issue is not really the price, or the performance, but rather the performance/prestige of ownership for the price. From what I've heard the LF-A falls just short of being as fast as the Ferrari's it competes with, cost just about the same if not a touch more, & well it's not a Ferrari, it's a Lexus, & what is a Lexus really aside from a dressed up Toyota.

Thankfully Price Tag and "Prestige of Ownership" mean didily squat in GT5. I can look at the LF-A without considering them at all. When doing so, the LF-A becomes astonishing.
The style will be a love, hate, or "meh" situation. Personally I think it looks very good except for the back end is a little odd for me. It's defiantly an eye catcher, I've yet to see one IRL, and so this is based off photo/video only.

The engine, this is my favourite part of the LF-A and I believe where it shines the most. The way this car rev's is insane, it has a great steady pull, shifting is lightning speed, and she makes enough power to hang with pretty much any street car in the game.

Stock Drive
She has a very low center of gravity and corners accordingly, very sharp. She does tend to on throttle understeer a touch, especially at speed. Overall she feels very composed and quite manageable. No real handling flaws that need dire attention. If you are overzealous with the throttle in a tight corner she might get away from yah, but once you get a feel for her it become easy to stay inside the boundaries of grip.

Fully Tuned Default Settings
She's got a lot more push now and at speed she will throttle understeer more pronounced. At lower speed she will break loose the rear tires with low speed oversteer much harder to manage than stock, which needs to be considered when dealing with the high speed understeer. Overall though she is still rather composed and doesn't seem like she needs serious attention in any area. The over/understeer she experiences is relatively expected; I wasn't surprised at all, and dealt with it quickly.

After Tune
After tuning the car she is much improved, allowing for aggressive driving, braking late and digging through the corner with controllable throttle steer. I wasn't expecting much improvement with the car as in default setting she was already quite manageable, however my lap times dropped quite substantially. At TGTT it went from 1:08.000 in default settings to 1:05.000 after being tuned. 3 seconds is quite a bit, she can be pushed even faster by more capable. The car was already balanced so tuning her just became a matter of dialling in the suspension.

The LF-A's weight distribution is very close to 50/50, the car is sitting around 48.2/51.8 F/R. I adjusted the springs to a more race car like stiffness keeping the weight in mind. Once I felt the spring rate was raised to a good balanced stiffness front/rear (not balanced settings as in equal values, but where they have an = stiffness to supported weight ratio) I then tuned the dampers insuring when testing they are not overpowering the springs. With wider rear tires, a heavier back end, & a slightly narrower Wheel Track vs the front, she will lean a little more in the rear. I tweaked the sway bars to minimize the offset lean angle front to rear, and then adjusted the Camber angles accordingly trying to keep the tires planted as flat as possible on the outside wheels in a corner, but considering the draw backs to braking and acceleration keeping them to a minimum while benefits to a maximum.

There was very minimal understeer at this point (beyond what you would naturally expect) I used the toe angles to tune this out and relied on gearing and LSD tuning to manage the low speed throttle oversteer.
After many laps and a few tweaks and adjusting, I felt confident I had another Quality tune ready for the Garage.

Lexus-LF-A.jpg

ENJOY!

No_OB

LF-A with an Oil Change & broken in.

Fully Modified - All Parts - NO Increased Rigidity

UPDATED

Alright, I'm going to finalize this Set up and move on to the next. I've much improved the Tune, just check it out and see.

Last edited:
So its Red Valley Racing's LF-A Vs. GT Gods LF-A Vs. High Quality Performance's LF-A
This Will Be Interesting!
:nervous:

Dylans1o
So its Red Valley Racing's LF-A Vs. GT Gods LF-A Vs. High Quality Performance's LF-A
This Will Be Interesting!
:nervous:

Sounds cool. Let me know the detail when they are figured out.

I like the car, the engine is a beast.

Sounds cool. Let me know the detail when they are figured out.

I like the car, the engine is a beast.

Well The Tracks Will Be:
Suzuka And Indianapolis Road Course If Thats Ok
3 Laps On Each

You Post Your Times Ill Post Mine, Anytime Tomorrow.
Also Ill Have To Check With GT Gods To See Are These Settings Good And If They Can Join In So These Are What You Could Call The Beta Settings!

(Dont Ask About All The Caps Its A Habit, lol)

Okay, I'm okay with that I guess.

I'll be posting late tomorrow (like this time tomorrow) working all day. Got to go to bed soon.

3 lap average?

Alright, Im going to hit the sac should have both times for tomorrow. I just did a few Laps at Suzuka, it's been a while, haven't been there much since GT5P, I got 3 alright laps strung together nice and consistent. It's been so long I know I can improve it, if I have enough time after Indy tomorrow I'll try. My first lap I caught a lil dirt with my rear tire after the rumble strip, and could of dug a lil deeper lap 2. The third was on point. I think I can do better.

Now I need to sleeeeep

Peace!

I'm off to work, when I get home I'll bring over the Driver Friendly RUF Yellow Bird when I get home.

Dylans1o
I dont think GT God's Will Be Joining Us!

That's all good, I'm still in. Got to get to Indy when I finish work (damn red eye flights, hope to be at the Track before dawn) lol

Dylans1o
Suzuka Avg. 2:03:922
Lap 1 - 1.05.143
Lap 2 - 1.04.257
Lap 3 - 1.02.367

Your doing the short track? I ran the full Track, I already did my time there, won't be able to go to the short one, I still have Indy to do.

The full Track is a little better, longer track, more room to show the tune, with a larger variety of corners.

Your overall time is the 3 added together. Your average is that total divided by 3.

This is such a great way to showcase a tune. It shows if there is consistency around the Track, if your fastest time is a hot lap or something you can repeat consistently. It also shows if you can jump in the car and run the times or need to chase your ghost for a while unsure what lap you will make it past him or at least keep up.

Last edited:
Your doing the short track? I ran the full Track, I already did my time there, won't be able to go to the short one, I still have Indy to do.

The full Track is a little better, longer track, more room to show the tune, with a larger variety of corners.

Oops lol i meant to put 2 instead of 1

Dylans1o
Indy Road Course
Avg. 1.30.989

700b0f94.jpg

6377c751.jpg

1st Lap 2:00.407
2nd Lap 2:00.458
3rd Lap 1:59.949

I'll go over the times in a few min.

I still have Indy to do when I get home.

Last edited:
My goal isn't to be the fastest, I don't have time to play that much, so I rely on a balanced set up. I tune to make stable, quick, enjoyable cars that can run consistently quick laps. No hot lap wonders here. I've been messing with GT since the 90's I never liked aids, so I'm used to it. The testament is more to the settings, fast and consistent lap to lap

Last edited:
The first 2 laps were basically about staying sharp and. consistent while heating up the tires. The third lap I was able to go faster as my tires got to the sweet heat.

The set up is stable & consistent, this is evident from the extremely small difference lap to lap.

Dylans1o
you should compare my tune to yours

I will when I get home. Not gonna be done till around 10pm to 11pm E.S.T. I also need a little time to settle in.

You should check out mine at the same time.

Last edited:
I got that time for Indy in. I haven't driven the Track since that GT5 Demo a little while before the full game release. It was fun but didn't spend much time on it.

I know I can knock a few seconds off after I get to know the corners, but the time is adequate, and I got other cars I'm working on.

75093d34.jpg

I think it speaks quite well to the quality of the Tune when you can establish such a narrow gap between laps...

Last edited:
700b0f94.jpg

6377c751.jpg

1st Lap 2:00.407
2nd Lap 2:00.458
3rd Lap 1:59.949

I'll go over the times in a few min.

I still have Indy to do when I get home.

sany0104.jpg

SUZUKA FIRST TRY , 1'57" 834 , FOUR HOUR TO SLEEP BEFORE JOB, LET'S SEE TOMOROW. NOT HD TV AS YOU CAN SEE....HIHIHI TRAV

157gu.jpg

Now it's OK, 4 laps SUZUKA , 1'57"117 /57"....with a setting i have ,that i didn't drive for a month ,i'll publish it tonight on my thread. Sometime this physics on GT5 are very strange, but it works ,for this case , a + front TOE ???!!!.... anyway, it's stable easy and fast.

Last edited:
praiano63
SUZUKA FIRST TRY , 1'57" 834 , FOUR HOUR TO SLEEP BEFORE JOB, LET'S SEE TOMOROW. NOT HD TV AS YOU CAN SEE....HIHIHI TRAVELING.

Nice lap Bro, but it's not a Hot Lap race. It's a 3 lap average we are going for ;) we are trying to show consistency of the Tune.

If you want on board run a 3 lap trial and put up the 3 laps & average. Make sure to run with no assist. I might have to revisit Suzuka :D but not until tomorrow at least. Time to crash.

Please no cap lock post please.

Last edited:
1:30.505
1:30.709

I know I can knock a few seconds off after I get to know the corners, but the time is adequate, and I got other cars I'm working on.

I think it speaks quite well to the quality of the Tune when you can establish such a narrow gap between laps...

While I agree, the ability of a tune to consistently run laps is important, it's the difference between consistently running fast laps, that shows the true quality. I also feel that consistency is more on the driver's shoulders than the tune's, except in extreme situations.

As for your lap times, unless you're exaggerating 'a few seconds' I must admit, I'd be rather impressed to see you accomplish that feat. Assuming 'a few' is an absolute minimum of 2, I think you'd be rather hard pressed to run a 1:27.915 or faster with that tune and no aids, including ABS as your tune says. It's definitely not impossible, but won't be as easy as you've made it out it to be.

My review:

High Quality Performance
Funny that RVR and HQP got tested one after the other. As above I mention the effects of using ride height to achieve certain goals. RVR used a lower rear ride height to induce oversteer and here HQT did the exact opposite. With quite a bit of rake in this tune, the understeer on a car that's already as stable as the LFA, is what I would consider crippling from the center out. The plus side of this choice is that you have tons of traction on corner exit. You can safely go full throttle at pretty much any gear other than 1st without fear of any traction issues. If you are the type of driver that brakes early, sets up quickly, and then accelerates off hard from an early apex out, this tune will probably suit your style. Unfortunately for me, I drive the exact opposite. I drive hard and deep into the corners, coast through the apex and then accelerate out as soon as I see the car set. This tune simply doesn't fit my style, at least not on a flat track like Indy Road course. Perhaps results would differ on a track with intermediate levels of banking. Another thing I noticed, not that it seemed to cause any handling issues, is that when on part throttle, through a turn, the car seems to 'wobble' from corner to corner. It looks like it's on hydraulics almost, as the outside front kind of bounces up and down, as the opposite corner opposes it. I'm not actually sure what causes this, but I have seen it with a few other tunes I've reviewed in the past and I can't remember what the tuner said it was from, or how to fix it. It's almost as if the weight of the car is oscillating on the springs. Maybe just too stiff of a front spring, as it is the stiffest spring of all the tunes I've driven? (Edit: GT Gods are stiffer) I'd start by evening out the ride height and re-testing, before I got into shocks and springs.
Best 3:
1:28.651
1:28.609
1:28.020

Full comparison here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5252805#post5252805

Thanks for checking it out, I tune for people looking to get the truest feel out of their cars, I don't think that suits your driving style, so none of my tunes are catered to you , you play the game like a video game, thats fine, it is one. But I play to get the truest feel using real world techniques regardless as to how well they work (they work just fine) in the game. I do this for real, what do you do?

Your reviews are always opinionated and make technical critiques. You seem to hold high value in your own opinion, but Just so I know where you're coming from;

What's your automotive background?

Where do you get your info?

I'm curious because you say one thing is high or another is low, constantly criticizing (possibly a size complex issue) but I need to know, is this your opinion based on theory, video game playing, & google? Or Do you have any real world automotive expertise?

What car do you Drive?

Last edited:
Back