Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,909 comments
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hello Jordon and all. I started using Gran Turismo 2 as a gift from my sons. I used the controller until GT4 then bought a wheel, huge improvement in every respect. This is the only video game I play. I live south of Buffalo about five miles from the stadium where the Bills play.

I am now retired, age 70, and my profession was in IT, I was the VP for Information Services and two colleges, finance before my transition to technology. I have always been into cars since I could walk.

I live less than three hours from Watkins Glen where I started attending back in 1968. Over the years watching F1, WEC, IMSA, and SVRC. I have had the good fortune to go to HPDE on two separate weekends at the Glen, once in a GT3, the other in a track prepared Caymen S. I can tells you GT7 has the track down perfectly.

Back in 2019 I was diagnosed with (AML) leukemia, given one month to live unless I start immediate treatment at Roswell Cancer Research. Even with treatment I was given a 25% chance to live. Eight months later I went through a bone marrow transplant and by the grace of God I am doing great and able to compose this message.

Michael (lewis__eight)

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Afternoon new member came across this while looking for information on how to set up my thrustmaster t248 on acc on the ps4 so hopefully someone can help me many thanks

• Where are you from?

:gtpflag:hi my name is whitewolff ( .
i.m. 51 years old and live in the Netherlands.
i start playing games verry long time a go it start with need for speed.
and always looking for new 3 d racings games online .
also looking for cars to build ,papercraft or any ways at al,
drawing , painting it does not matter
nic to be come a part of tyhis site ,i whas looking on the net and find you.
thanks for having me .

• Where are you from?

Hi Jordan,

I found out about GT planet when searching for car tunes. Recently. I took more interest in the site when I got my buddy into sim racing and he reminded me of your site when he was searching for car tunes.

I’m in South Florida.

I started sim racing about 6-8 months ago.

I just got a Logitech G-Pro with the pro pedals. I couldn’t be more happy with it. It took a bit to get used to the load cell pedals, but I think I got the hang of them now. It’s all set up on the GT Omega Titan rig. I love it!

I enjoy MLB the Show, NBA 2K, The Harry Potter game (Forgot what it is called) but not playing them at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing staying current with sim racing joint in on discussions about sim racing. Getting help with tips on how to become faster and just overall a better driver.

Thank you for the opportunity to be involved in the community,

All my best,
Eddie Cap

Hello everyone.

I am a retired amateur Race Driver from South of Brazil.
Used to race go-karts a lot when younger, but also tested regional open-wheels and raced endurance GT races (12hrs).

Currently living in Hungary with wife, daughter and son.

The little time I have to spare I love to spend on GT7, but any racing game in all it's disciplines attracts me as well.
For example, now that the SMX season started, I have played quite a while Monster Energy Supercross 3 from Milestone (as it's until this day the best one of the series :D).

Anyhow, I was a fan for a long time of GTplanet, always just reading everything, but now I feel like I would love to comment, post and engage more with the amazing people behind all this beautiful content about this things we love.

Appreciate a lot all the time and dedication for you guys that manage the page and forums, all the best!

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I am a retired amateur Race Driver from South of Brazil.
Used to race go-karts a lot when younger, but also tested regional open-wheels and raced endurance GT races (12hrs).

Currently living in Hungary with wife, daughter and son.

The little time I have to spare I love to spend on GT7, but any racing game in all it's disciplines attracts me as well.
For example, now that the SMX season started, I have played quite a while Monster Supercross 3 from Milestone (as it's until this day the best one of the series :D).

Anyhow, I was a fan for a long time of GTplanet, always just reading everything, but now I feel like I would love to comment, post and engage more with the amazing people behind all this beautiful content about this things we love.

Appreciate a lot all the time and dedication for you guys that manage the page and forums, all the best!
Cool, I've never visited Brazil before, welcome. Hope you will stay with us. I'm Chris, I'm 32. Not too far from your age.

Hi members. Found gt planet when searching for gt7 help about trying to get an invitation for Porsche. Interesting comments posted about this feature which clearly can cause frustration. Username because I own an accord.. Not exactly a gt7 car haha fyi an aussie.

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Hey guys.

I first found GT Planet before I even registered here. I looked up engine swap compatibility.

I live in Germany.

I played racing games since my very young days, and I still love them until today.

I don't play with a steering wheel, but I would like to get one in the future.

Jump and Runs and sports games like FIFA are just two other genres of games that I enjoy.

Suggesting things that I would love to see in Gran Turismo 7 and chatting with others on different subjects is what I mostly look forward to.

Just perusing the innerweb for GT7 leagues.
I live in the US of A
Arcades about 1980
Logitech 923 until my Fanatec shows up
Dakar, Dirt 5.
Friendly competition.

• Looking for tuning settings and stumbled across it
  • Oklahoma, USA
  • I'm 49, the 80s with Outrun!
  • Currently use a Razor Raiju. But will be investing in a quality wheel setup soon
  • Sports and FPS
  • I'm retired military and I haven't found something this exciting to play in years. I'm a sponge for knowledge and looking forward to faster times and good races!. I've been, IRL ,drag racing and road runs in every car I've owned. Having been over 302 kph, 189 mph on the Autobahn on my 2001 CBR929RR Erion. I could have gotten to 200+ club but a damn Porsche had poor sportsmanship rating. I know speed and my heart pumps nitro! And I get very similar emotions as I would driving a real car.

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

GTPlanet always comes up as the recommended forum for racing games.
I am from Notts England Uk
I use a pad but have used wheels in the past.
I’m playing GT7 at the moment and Tiger Woods Golf and Diablo 4 all I PS5
I’m looking to use the Time attack part of GT7 on here like user created ones etc.
Thanks for letting me join

• Looking for tuning settings and stumbled across it
  • Oklahoma, USA
  • I'm 49, the 80s with Outrun!
  • Currently use a Razor Raiju. But will be investing in a quality wheel setup soon
  • Sports and FPS
  • I'm retired military and I haven't found something this exciting to play in years. I'm a sponge for knowledge and looking forward to faster times and good races!. I've been, IRL ,drag racing and road runs in every car I've owned. Having been over 302 kph, 189 mph on the Autobahn on my 2001 CBR929RR Erion. I could have gotten to 200+ club but a damn Porsche had poor sportsmanship rating. I know speed and my heart pumps nitro! And I get very similar emotions as I would driving a real car.
LFG that will allow me to learn and grow. I'm retired and play everyday fyi.

GTPlanet always comes up as the recommended forum for racing games.
I am from Notts England Uk
I use a pad but have used wheels in the past.
I’m playing GT7 at the moment and Tiger Woods Golf and Diablo 4 all I PS5
I’m looking to use the Time attack part of GT7 on here like user created ones etc.
Thanks for letting me join
I love the Diablo series. Haven't played the new one. I also dabble with golf my friend.

• Where are you from?

Wassup ppl,

Recently bought GT7 and its been my main game ever since. I came across this site while looking up info on car tuning. Currently reside in the USA and I started playing racing games since PS2 (NFS Underground and GT4). I’m on the controller for now but am close to purchasing a steering wheel set. Right now im between the TRS300 and the DD Pro. Still trying to decide which is the better buy.

Other games I play are mostly COD & Madden. Thankfully taking a break from the sweat fest that comes with COD. I look forward to gaining more knowledge of the game. Whether its learning how to drive with a wheel, more info on tuning, and joining races within the community).

Also have a VR set that I havent used yet with the game but looking forward to it nonetheless.

I read GT planet for the first time about 20 years ago.

• Where are you from?
    France

In 1990's on Amiga, PC...

Yes, a Thrustmaster T300 RS

Platformers, narrative games...

Looking for gentle racers to compete online

Hi All

• How did you find GTPlanet? Searching for Tunes and Praiano's Tunes came up when I first got Gt7 in August.
  • Where are you from? Michigan
  • When did you start playing racing games? Had NFS back in the 90's but hadn't played any since then.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Just controller so far
  • What other games do you enjoy? Played PC games mostly but got a PS5 for Harry Potter for my wife and luckily picked up GT7 and love it. Previous game I played a lot was RDR2 on PC and lots of Steam games and MMOs before that.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Keeping up with whats going on in the game and participating in the forum.

Hi ho Silver

I know GTplanet since the GranTurismo 6 days I just didn't bother to create an account .
Im lurking it since that days 😅

I'm Austrian , the KTM Brand Land not the Land with Kangaroos

Last edited:
I was lookin for a way to suggest cars/trucks with the possibility, however in the slightest, to make it happen. RANGER NATION!!!!

Hey,
Been gaming for over 40 years and I've owned loads of Racers in that time. I really got the bug with Forza 3 on the xbox 360 but now everything is PS5/PC based. I picked up GT7 in the recent Jan sale and I'm completely hooked. By the end of the 1st week of owning it I'd bought a G29 and pedals off of Ebay.
I found GTPlanet whilst looking for some tuning ideas.
I'm always looking for more friends to play with. I'm in the UK and I'm up for finding more friends to play with, so if you fancy it my PSN name is Doggtired.
Cheers!

• Where are you from?

• Every time I had questions that needed googling, GTPlanet always had the answers in the forum.
  • Iceland
  • January this year (4 weeks) 😅
  • Thrustmaster T128. It's honestly the best steering wheel I ever tried. I haven't tried any other steering wheel, but I'm really happy with it.
  • Death Stranding, Borderlands. But after I got a PSVR2 this Christmas, I've mostly been playing VR games. I've never been a huge fan of racing games. But GT7 with VR and a steering wheel, is not only the best racing game I've ever played. It's just the best game I've ever played.
  • Hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute something of value back to the community. I'm still so new to this, but the community has been very helpful to me.

Hello everyone,
Just an average guy from Indonesia who got hooked into cars and racing games since I was a kid. Knew GTPlanet from well, random news feeds that pop up in my timelines. Never used a wheel before, though I may want to try using one one day. Other games, well, I probably have tried most genres out there so its all up in the air. As for what I want to do here, well, just hang around and try put up a conversation here or there. Nice to meet you all!

Always heard about GTPlanet, just tried figuring out things on my own when I could. 51 year old HPDE instructor in South Carolina. I've been around Road Racing my entire life. My Mom has pics of me at 2 years old standing up in the cockpit of my late Father's Formula Vee. Been away from GT for awhile, but jumping back in with a vengeance. Hoping to pick the brains of some of the decal creators that are here to get some decals that I had in GTSport but they didn't find their way to GT7. Can't wait to dive into the forums and see what I've been missing here.

• Where are you from?

:gtpflag:GTPlanet
Hi everyone

•GTPlanet was suggested to me by looking for Tips for GT7
•England
•First Gran Turismo on PS1
•No Steering Wheel unfortunately
•Lots of different types
•Tips on improving my Cars & the rite Gear Settings for Racing Better & Progressing More Lol

Last edited:
Back