Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,909 comments
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
I found get planet looking for running tips
Houston Tx
Not a wheel right now , mine broke and doing some research to get my next one Play a lot 2k b ball and 2k golf
I’m looking forward to learning new things and chatting with diff people

Plus I want to join. A racing league with even skilled people Nd learning to tune better

Thank yall for having me !

Last edited:
I found get planet looking for running tips
Houston Tx
Not a wheel right now , mine broke and doing some research to get my next one Play a lot 2k b ball and 2k golf
I’m looking forward to learning new things and chatting with diff people

Plus I want to join. A racing league with even skilled people Nd learning to tune better

Thank yall for having me !
Welcome to GT planet, so what did you do New Year's eve. I'm Chris btw.

New member here and decided to make an account. Been reading over the forum for a while now and want to get more involved. I’m in a few FB pages on sim racing but forums are more my speed.

Ive lived in Germany for 7 years (retired military now) and have 30 laps under my belt with my old e90 335i. Been a “car guy” since I’ve been walking. I work in autobody collision repair. In my free time I detail cars and play Gran Turismo.

With that short intro I’ll answer the intro questions.

Found the site researching GT news
From North Dakota
Ive been playing GT since the original release
Using G29 and shifter
Tom Clancy Games

Mike

Hey I'm Rusty, I'm an 18 year old dude from the worst place on planet earth, Delaware. I've loved racing games since I was a little kid from need for speed to gran turismo (obviously) I'm super interested in learning from veterans so I'm open to discussion when I can get to it!:cheers:
  • Found it when looking for a boss 429 build in GT7!
  • From Delaware, USA
  • When I was very young! Started with GT4 on the ps2
  • Don't play with steering wheel, I use a DualShock
  • I love souls games! Some multiplayer games too
  • I'm looking forward to learning from veterans, I want to try honing the craft of car tuning on primarily GT7 and possibly using it in the real world!

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Google
Gran turismo 3
Gt29
F1
Wrc

Hello - been lurking here for at least two years mostly on the AC Mods Thread and decided it was time to join.
  • How did you find GTPlanet? A friend pointed me to a mod car on the AC thread and I hung around.
  • Where are you from? California, USA
  • When did you start playing racing games? Decades ago. Lots of GranToursimo2 onward.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Logitech g27 for many years, now a DD
  • What other games do you enjoy? Don't have the time but I want to give GTR2 a shot with all the mods
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Enjoying the banter of fellow sim racer
Congrats on 23 years of GTP @ Jordan!

[edit] Whoops, sorry Jordan, I meant to space out the at symbol to your handle. Looks like I tagged you instead.

Last edited:
  • Came across GTPlanet when surfing the net looking for Assetto Corsa related mods and discussions.
  • I am from central California, USA.
  • When? Not sure about the year, but I remember Indy, Grand Prix Legend, GTR2, Colin MaCrae Rally and Richard Burn Rally..
  • I play with Thrustmaster T300, TLCM pedals and SHH shifter
  • It would be great to make a few like minded friends who is also interested in street cars in Assetto Corsa. Interested as in .. making the cars drives more .. forgiving.

• I googled for a Sim-Racing-Community with the emphasis on Gran Turismo.
  • Where are you from?
    • Rhineland-Palatinate in Germany
    • As far back as "Rad Racer" on NES. ^^
    • I play with a steering wheel (ol' trusty Logitech DFGT) on PC, but I don't own one for PS5 right now.
    • Too many to list. I'm an avid "Soulsborne" player and shooter fan.
    • Find like minded people.

Hello everyone. I'm Joey, just registered and been absent from gt for more than 20 years. After playing 1 and 2 on the psx, I'm now playing gt7 and enjoying the hell out of it.

Time trial discussion boards.

• Where are you from?
    Portugal

3 years old on PSX with Speed Freaks

Most of the times yes. G29

Rocket League, Forza Horizon

Time trials

I wanted to find some settings for my cars and found you in Google.
  • Where are you from?
The UK but I'm living in the Czech Republic now
I'm a bit.older than most so like 20 years ago
I don't yet. Im trying to save up for a wheel
World of tanks and call of duty
Lots of tips and tricks including some inspiration to make my driving experience better

Hi everyone. Found the site while trying to get answers on GT7 problems! Last GT I had was GT4, went to XBox and that was that....until I started seeing GT7 footage with wheels and pedals! Have been a controller user for over 35 years and have finally dived into it. Thrustmaster TGTII, TLCM pedals and a GT Omega Art rig...oh and gloves too :lol:

Am sure this site while prove to be very useful in the coming weeks, months and years! Already have an issue with my pedals registering very low - 47% on brake and 79% on brake. At one point earlier in my session I noticed the cars were running very slow so I checked the pedal calibration and they were at 20% wtf?! Anyway thats for another thread, glad to be here.

Hello everyone. I'm Joey, just registered and been absent from gt for more than 20 years. After playing 1 and 2 on the psx, I'm now playing gt7 and enjoying the hell out of it.

Time trial discussion boards.

• Where are you from?
    Portugal

3 years old on PSX with Speed Freaks

Most of the times yes. G29

Rocket League, Forza Horizon

Time trials
Welcome Joey,

I am a fellow 'time attacker' and love this section at GTPlanet. If you like you can send me an invitation via PSN ("apaul3133").
Have a nice day and happy lapping!

Gorefast

I'm new to the forum. It's a pleasure to introduce myself. I've been into GT for over 20 years, consider myself as experienced gamer, and above all, value clean racing and fair play on the track. I'm open to invitations and joint gaming.

Thrustmaster TGT II
Next Level Racing Cockpit

PSN same as nick - RXGT_26

How did you find GTPlanet?
Looking for a porsche setup for the 650pp cup at Lago Maggiore
Where are you from?
USA
When did you start playing racing games?
1997 when the first GT came out on PS1
Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
Not currently but I'm looking to get one
What other games do you enjoy?
I really enjoy RPG's and i play a few shooters as well
What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
Sharing car builds and racing together getting better at the game (GT7 PS4)

I'm new to the forum. It's a pleasure to introduce myself. I've been into GT for over 20 years, consider myself as experienced gamer, and above all, value clean racing and fair play on the track. I'm open to invitations and joint gaming.

Thrustmaster TGT II
Next Level Racing Cockpit

PSN same as nick - RXGT_26
Also got the T-GTII, how you enjoying it? What pedals?

Also got the T-GTII, how you enjoying it? What pedals?
I've been using this steering wheel since December 2021. In the meantime, there have been two malfunctions. The first occurred after 6 months, an unspecified issue with the engine. I claimed the product, received a new engine without any issues. However, another problem arose in the summer of 2023. During gameplay, the steering wheel would randomly disconnect, as if it were simply losing power. I took it to the service, and surprisingly, under warranty, I received an entirely new model. Since then, around 7-8 months ago, everything has been working fine; the steering wheel operates correctly.

As for the pedals, there haven't been any issues with them from the start. Everything functions properly.

I've been using this steering wheel since December 2021. In the meantime, there have been two malfunctions. The first occurred after 6 months, an unspecified issue with the engine. I claimed the product, received a new engine without any issues. However, another problem arose in the summer of 2023. During gameplay, the steering wheel would randomly disconnect, as if it were simply losing power. I took it to the service, and surprisingly, under warranty, I received an entirely new model. Since then, around 7-8 months ago, everything has been working fine; the steering wheel operates correctly.

As for the pedals, there haven't been any issues with them from the start. Everything functions properly.
Eeek! Now I'm worried about reliability 😭

• Where are you from?

I was looking for problems and bugs related to the DFGT steering wheel and I ended up here
Im from Brazil - Sao Paulo
Since i was a little kid, probably with the NFS series
I do not have a steering wheel, but i looking for one, my choices are DFP or DFGT
War Thunder, American Truck, Project Reality, My Summer Car and Revhead
Find answers to my questions and some friends, maybe haha

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

Hi there!! Someone on reddit recommended me this forum cause I need some help in Assetto Corsa. It is nice to see how much people still play this wonderful game!! 😀

• Where are you from?

• I found GTPlanet when searching how to report GT bugs
  • California
  • 2022 - GT is my first
  • Yes, a Logitech G29, combined with the VR2; there's no going back
  • Beat Saber (tons of fun)
  • Learning

• Where are you from?

I found GTplanet on Google. I live in the United States and I really enjoy any racing game especially GT7. Thanks for listening. I am happy to be here.

Hi i am from scotland, i have been gaming for many many years. I like racing sport and rpg games. I stumbled onto this group due to an article about Forza Motorsport that showed up on my phone. I like fifa games really enjoyed robocop and am currently playing fc 24 and f1 23 as well as Forza motorsport

Hey guys I'm Perseus! I hope this site it's all cracked up to be because ei have tried everything and I'm at a loss! Can any of you help me with an issue I'm having in GT7?

Last edited:
Hello, I'm 59 y.o. living in Southern Illinois, USA, North America. I've been interested in cars most of my life. I started playing a some Need for Speed back 30 years ago. I'd spend a few hours here and there playing on a PC using a joystick. I wasn't a gamer growing up. I didn't buy a game console until a few years back. I don't do any other gaming besides Gran Turismo.

I've got a couple hands full of hours of actual track time under my belt at Porsche Club of America Driver's Education (DE) events in Porsche 968s and a 911 4S (993). Most of those hours are at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. That is an expensive hobby which wasn't viable for the long-term. So, I began to look at Driving Simulators like Gran Turismo to satisfy my need for speed. I eventually bought a PS4 and Gran Turismo Sport. Again, I put in a few hours here and there. I'd find that I'd go months without logging on. This was mostly a winter hobby as summer time is much better spent outdoors. So here I am in winter, engaging the new (to me) Gran Turismo 7. I got a Thrustmaster 150 wheel and pedal kit, but I haven't "set up" my cockpit just yet. I'm still using the PS4 controller.

I found gtplanet as I was looking for information about how to get past the Menu 37: Gr.B Rally Cars. I'm just not that interested in wasting the time required to engage the learning curve to gain the off-road and rally skills necessary to get past this menu. I don't plan to be doing any dirt track driving after I complete the menu. It's just not what I bought Gran Turismo to do. At present, I've got HOURS invested trying to get this menu completed. The highest I got to was 7th place. (after many, many hours of repeating the course). Luckily one of the Gr.B Rally cars came available in Legend Cars and I was able to buy one of them. But the other Gr.B Rally car isn't showing up in Legend Cars and it's now been a couple months since I've made any progress in the Menus. And recently I've learned -- thank you gtplanet! -- that once I get past the menus, I can begin to sell parts of my collection to raise money to buy cars that I actually want in my collection.

So, I've learned a bit about adjusting the suspension, the transmission, and the torque-vectoring differential to get the Gr.B Rally car to handle more predictable to be able to get up to 7th place. But for all of my adjusting, I still can't get near the 3rd place needed to get the menu complete. And for some reason, the folks that designed Gran Turismo don't seem to have designed the simulator to notice that the player is in Menu 37 and might need to buy the Gr.B Rally car to get past this particularly difficult menu. It could be months before they offer the Audi Gr. B rally car that I need to complete the menu. And I'm certainly not going to waste too much more time driving that ridiculous course to try to get 3rd place. So here I am; stuck!

Does anyone have any tips for getting the menu closed out? Is there a setting that I could use to get the Gr.B Rally car that I'm using to nail that track and get my times down to a level where I can actually get 3rd place?

I've got a few other thoughts on the game which don't make much sense. Why does the Used Car Lot offer so many cars that I have already acquired? At present, half the cars on the lot are vehicles that I already own. Can't the program easily have the system examine my Collection and offer cars that I don't yet have?

And why does the game have the AI drivers smash into me and others while on the course when they want the rest of us to consider Sportsmanship in our driving behavior? Isn't the best way to encourage sportsman-like behavior to have the AI drivers to behave according to the standards that the simulator designers ask us to meet? These AI drivers stop short, try to cut me off on long straights, bump me, try to squeeze in during corners when they don't have the line, etc. If I do any of that, I lose my Clean Race Bonus and lower my Sportsmanship score. The AI driver's behavior eventually wears you down and you start bumping back...

Other than that, I enjoy the game. I've still got a lot to learn. Just this week, I found the car that drives and handles just as I want it to: an '02 Mazda RX-7 Spirit 2 Type A -- 2240 lbs with 493 h.p. with a turbo add-on. Sadly, I can't seem to get any more power out of it. Not that it needs too much more horsepower but I can't get the PP past around 680 and the Turbo Races have cars with around 700 PP so I'm chasing hard to the last lap to get the win. I've been using a '17 GT-R with 699.80 PP which is a beast and allows me to get ahead by lap 4, but it doesn't have that "on rails" feeling that the RX-7 offers. I love me a super-light car with lots of power and superb handling. That's the real fun for me.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to learning more about the capabilities of this driving simulator.

I have a PSVR2 and saw that they updated GT7 to have VR support so I bought GT7 just after Christmas and i was looking for more information and came across this site.
I'm from the UK.
I remember playing GT1 on the PSX but mainly played arcade style racers such as Need for Speed.
I bought a G923 recently.
I'm not much of a gamer but I enjoyed pavlov and GTA5
I'm just wanting to find people who I can have a laugh with.

Back