Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,948 comments
BIt of a late introduction, I apologize...

Q: How did you find GTPlanet?

A: Bit of a chance.

Q: Where are you from?

A: Cebu, Philippines

Q: When did you start playing racing games?

Can't fully remember, but I started going on in 2008 with Ridge Racers for the PSP.

Q: Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?

A: Have the Logitech G29 as the current one.

Q: What other games do you enjoy?

A: FPS and arcade flight simulations, also a bit on the RPG side (Ace Combat, Azur Lane, Honkai, Titanfall, War Thunder, among others).

Q: What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?

A: Put some liveries here, look at the news, and do some off-topic posting every so often.

Hello I just joined the forum because I am an enthusiast of racing games and now more with the new Forza Motorsport, I'm from Spain greetings to all from here.

Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Hello i found about this website while browsing info about gran turismo im from georgia, I've been playing racing games since 5 yrs old, i also collect diecast cars, im playing with ps5 controller on my ps5, and im looking forward to know more about this game and share and receive experience... WISH YOU ALL THE BEST Y'ALL...

Hi all

Found out about GTplanet a long while ago - longtime casual lurker, never been a poster.

I'm from the UK and started playing racing games on the Commodore 64 with Pitstop 2 being my favourite. I mainly started playing GT with GT5 but played previous versions on my friends consoles. GT Sport was the one that really grabbed me - loved Circuit Experience. I aim to go to the Nordschliefe every year for a TF day and following the last one in 2022 I bought GT7 digitally as soon as I got back.

I have a Logitech G29 and playseat but as I don't have a dedicated space for sim racing I often play on pad.

I enjoy a wide range of games, Nintendo stuff, Souls games, SF6 and couch co-op games with the family.

Look forward to connecting with other members and hopefully getting some multiplayer in! Would be great to have some crazy engine swap action.

Good evening,

My name is Kasper. I’m Danish, but I’ve lived in Spain most of my life (U.S and U.K. too).

I’ve loved racing my whole life. My late father raced and won in the WEC in the 80’s, and I raced in the karting championships here in Spain.

Alas, all that is just not economically responsible so I’ve gone for a Logitech Pro setup in the living room, much to my wife’s dismay.

Anyway, hope to race against some of you soon as I try and figure this whole sim racing thing out.

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Searching for GT7 Setups
New Jersey, USA
wheel, thrustmaster T300 GT, SF10000 Steering wheel, Next Level Racing F-GT seat
F123,ACC,
getting better at racing

-I was here a long time ago, back when it was founded.
  • Where are you from?
-USA
-The earliest one I remember playing (and liking) was Pole Position on my grandparents' Atari 2600
-Nope, never found one that felt like an actual car, so never saw the point.
-RPGs (turn based, tactical, and action), the occasional first person shooter, Ace Combat, Left 4 Dead
-Participating in the Forza section

Hi all,

I've visited the site casually in the past but I finally joined as I see this looks like a very comprehensive forum. I started to play driving SIMs way back (probably when gtplanet started) on and off (not hardcore) on PC in different eras plus GT5/6 on PS3. Correction: I started playing racing games before they were regarded as "SIMs". LOL

I currently have a 3-screen setup powered by RTX3060 and a 5-yr old PC (i5-9600k), playing AC, ACC, AMS2, and not-so-much RF2. Still using my G25 wheel/shifter/pedal setup since 2007. Besides driving SIMs, I play drone racing SIMs on PC as I am a sponsored drone racing pilot. Looking forward to linger in the Assetto Corsa sections and subsections. BTW, I'm surprised there's no sections for Automobilista/2.

Cheers

• Where are you from?

Hi there! I'm new here.

I found GTP by Googling / word of mouth
I'm from Illinois
I played racing games off and on for a while, but I've been playing consistently for about 2 years
I play with a wheel - Thrustmaster T150
I haven't had time for other games in a while, tbh
Racing and getting faster.

• Where are you from?

google, looking for settings
UK
in my 30's
GT DD pro 8nm with CsL P1V2 or mclaren GT3 V2
GT7 Project cars
i am using my sim to learn tracks, build skills. We race in real life in enduroka using Mk1 Ford Ka's

Hi there everyone! Hope you're all doing good

How I find out of GTPlanet? Well, I actually discovered it like 2 years ago but actually started to really come often for seeking for guides that would help me with GT5 licenses and GT7 Human Comedy missions (especially Lake Maggiore endurance race, took a whole year to complete)

I started playing racing game like 15ish years ago? I started playing as a gamer with 3 incredible masterpieces (NFS Most Wanted 2005, GT4 and dear old CMR3) but the first
actual game that included driving I played was Driver

I'm from Italy

Unluckily never had the money nor the place to buy a wheel setup but tried out lots of simulator when going to arcade game rooms and to some special events

I play a bit of everything, in fact lately I've been playing a lot on Starfield and the latest Like A Dragon games but still my focus remains on racing/driving games, cannot stay a day without at least booting up a GT or a FM or at least something like ETS2

Here I hope I'll find someone helping me fixing some issues with FM and FH5 and discuss about FM and GT7
I play mostly on pc but I also all PlayStations from the first to the 4 (I bought a PS3 just to finally play GT5 and 6 hahaha) and a XBOX 360, in fact I want to create my own collection of all gaming console, at least from the 90s to today

hello, I discovered GT Planet with great pleasure, I am passionate about motor sports, (whatever the number of wheels!) since my childhood, I am now 70 years old and this passion has not died down. Obviously the years related to my youth are those that interest me the most, but I am open to the modern world of "mechanical things", I practiced motorsport and motorcycling on the circuit, and this practice remains my best memories of a life of passion, thank you for welcoming me.
I forgot, I'm French, so please forgive any English mistakes I might make!

• Where are you from?

• Where are you from?

i heard about you from tidgney channel
uk
first started playing from gt3 only recently got back into gt7 first one i played in years im not very good
i still use controller but would like sim racing setup
i recently bought the metal gear solid master collection been playing that
i mainly joined as the setups for the daily gt7 races as half of it dont fully understand

• Where are you from?

i found gt planet from tidgney
UK
i started from gt3 but have not played in years i only about 6 months ago started doing gt7 online dailies on c rank
only use controller but would like to upgrade to sim racing setup
resident evil metal gear solid last of us
i mainly come on site to use for setups for daily taces on gt7

Hi There!
  • How did you find GTPlanet? --------i hear about that many times
  • Where are you from? --------i'mfrom spain
  • When did you start playing racing games?-------- since gran turismo 1 on ps1
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? --- thrustmaster T150
  • What other games do you enjoy? -- GT, Grid, Dirt, Project cars, Assetto...
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?--- find people to play clean races in different games

• How did you find GTPlanet? A friend
  • Where are you from? America(unfortunately)
  • When did you start playing racing games? Midnight Club(Complete Edition on the PS3, still play it)
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? No, I don't use the steering wheel(Im 14, and can't afford it) I use the PS5 controller
  • What other games do you enjoy? I'm a railfan as well, so I enjoy playing Trainz Sim 3, Train Sim 2, etc
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? I'm looking forward for some racing tips, and to make some friends on this site. It's been a while since I've been around car people.Hoping for the best.
  • Google
  • Born in Spain, living in NC, USA.
  • I was 18 when I got the PS1 and feel in love with gt1 and the red "Escudo", my favorite car for rally.
  • Regular remote for me
  • Only GT7 for now, what do you recommend me?
  • I look forward to learn how to improve my driving experience and share good moments with other gamers about epic cars and races.
Just got the ps4 pro in Nov 2023.

Thank you

Hi there!

I just registered here right after, finally! having acquired my first wheel and foldable playseat, in which I hope I'll spent many, many hours driving GT7, ACC and other PS racing games. It's been a long and winding road due to family and space constraints, but I certainly enjoy all the learning and playing ahead of me.
I found GTPlanet on the net and by comments on other Spanish videogaming forums.
Really looking forward to the driving experience and community with other gamers!
Thanks!

• Google
  • Born in Spain, living in NC, USA.
  • I was 18 when I got the PS1 and feel in love with gt1 and the red "Escudo", my favorite car for rally.
  • Regular remote for me
  • Only GT7 for now, what do you recommend me?
  • I look forward to learn how to improve my driving experience and share good moments with other gamers about epic cars and races.
Just got the ps4 pro in Nov 2023.

Thank you
I wasn't expecting someone to quote my reply to this. But hello Sikobiq!

• Where are you from?
1. When I was searching info about GT5 14 years ago.
2. Poland
3. From GT1
4. DS5
5. Wreckfest, Diablo series, Battlefield series
6. I love driving stock road going cars and compare lap times of them. I want to make topic with some compares.

• Where are you from?

I found GTPlanet searching around the web.
I live in West Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
I started playing racing games 2 years ago with F1 2020-22, ACC, WRC, and finally GT7 which I like the most.
I play with a Thrustmaster T300GT. SF1000 wheel, and Next Level Racing F-GT seat.
I enjoy games like Red Dead Redemtion, Fallout, Horizon, The Witcher.
I most looking forward to racing with people who take pride in sportsmanship.

Hello all,

GTPlanet is a good place to get information and experiences with other sim enthusiasts.

I am a 54 , from Germany and have been passionate about flight and car simulations for 10 years. Between I flight RC airplanes/drones. I want to build a 6DOF motion rig because I missing the force feedback from simulations. It is more realistic.

Electronics, hardware, software knowledge available

Saitec x56 + pedals, Logitech G29
Pico 4 All-in-One VR Headset
RC sim, drone sim
I hope to found tips and tricks for 6DOF rigs

Hey all, WhiskyBravo Here. I am 54, located in Colorado for the past 15+ yrs. Former HP Professional and Systems Engineer I am now a Real estate investor and AirBnB Host. Ive been Sim Racing for many years but about the past year or so I have gotten more serious about it.

My Setup:
  • Fanatec GT DD Pro Base with Porsche wheel (PS5 and Xbox and PC)
  • Fanatec CSL Pedals
  • Secondhand GTR sim Rig
  • 65 in Screen
  • Mainly Race on PS5
  • GT7, ACC, WRC, also XBOX Forza. look forward to setting up a PC for iRacing etc.
  • How did you find GTPlanet? Watching Digit Gaming on You Tube

• What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? I came for setups but want to explore all it has to offer. Thanks for the Hookups!

• Where are you from?

I found GTPlanet on my news feed on Google.
Cleveland, OH
10 years old
I have a full simulator. Its a Fanatec setup
Mostly sports games
Idk yet

Hi Everyone,
1) After multiple google searches trying to understand racing and gran turismo, I realized GT planet was the place to find the best info
2) Im from Princeton NJ and 57 years old
3) I started about 7 years ago on my iPad-Real Racing 3
4) I play with fanatic DD wheel, upgraded pedals, and Sony VR 2 headset (awesome!)
5) no other games but I bought an actual old Boxster to do track days (my first instructor couldn’t believe how much I had learned from GT7
6) I look forward to racing with SNAIL

thank you to all who manage this sight and offer so much good advice.

• Where are you from?

I learned of GtPlanet just surfing the web,I live Miami Florida USA,been playing off and like 6 months
Currently Racing with a Logitech Pro wheel stepped up from G29,looking for car people like me to chat

Using a PS5 for GT7 and Competizzione

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!
1. I discovered it thanks to the GT Modding community
2. From Argentina
3. Since 3 years old
4. Controller (no money lmao)
5. Variety of all genres
6. I look forward to explore the community and interact

Last edited:
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while, but I figured I might as well make an account at this point.

How did you find GTPlanet?
Probably stumbled upon the Assetto Corsa modding forum a long time ago.

Where are you from?
Belgium :)

When did you start playing racing games?
I'd say about 22~ years ago when GT3 was released

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
I use a T300RS, but I've been playing with a controller for the last few months since my VR headset broke , so my sim rig isn't in a position I can actually use it right now 😂

What other games do you enjoy?
Mostly RPGs and stuff like that.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
Reading the AC Mods thread.

Last edited:
  • I did a Google search about shifting gears to optimize torque in GT7.
  • I am from Charleston WV USA
  • I played Out Run on Sega Genesis in 1994 when I was 4 y/o!
  • I don't use a steering wheel but only because they are too expensive. My fiance says that we will get one after we get married in February though! I'm pumped!
  • I really like exploration/adventure games like Journey and Abzu etc.
  • Making friends and learning about cars and Gran Turismo!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
  • I found GTPlanet with a Google search.
  • I am from Utah, USA
  • I've been playing racing games my whole life, since excite bike on the NES. Started sim racers about 20 years ago, but really got into them over the past couple years
  • I do use a wheel. I race with a Fanatec CSL elite
  • Metal Gear Solid and The Last of Us and just about anything co-op
  • Looking for people to race with that aren't going to use my car to stop theirs, bounce off me on turns and run me off the road. I'd also really like tips or coaching to help me race faster, if that's available

Last edited:
Hay everyone I’m a little late to the party regarding sim racing but have now finished my sim racing setup I’m hoping to meet like minded people and enter some league racing.

I’m from the uk 🇬🇧

Attachments

• FE6AE5C0-4187-4095-9A15-899AF7240442.jpeg
    FE6AE5C0-4187-4095-9A15-899AF7240442.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 16
Back